Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Your Party

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MerrikCale Posted - 01 Oct 2006 : 01:40:55
I am always curious about the compsoition of various parties. So I ask, what types of characters are in your party. I'm not asking for full blown stats just the basics. And whats the name?

Ours is the Noble Wolves. Its compromised of a human Ranger who is the most senior and the leader. His protege is an air genasi Ranger. There are moon elf siblings, a bladesinger and a sorceress. Plus, the typical dwarven axe-wielding warrior.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cosmar Posted - 22 Mar 2019 : 01:01:10
Our original party started at level 5 and looked like this:

- Kethamil (me), Sun Elf wizard
- Hrog, half-orc paladinof Ilmater
- Devra, human swashbuckler/rogue
- Aromil, half-elf scout
- Kasler, changeling druid
- Spandrel, dwarf cleric.

After a bunch of deaths, only Kethamil, Hrog, and Devra remain from the original party. We're joined by:
- Aerran, elf cleric of Vandria Gilmadrith
- Cordwin, dwarf druid
- Nix, human sorcerer.

We're all level 9 now, and Kethamil has levels in Harper Mage (don't think anyone else has PrC'ed yet...)
ziresta Posted - 15 Oct 2018 : 20:06:28
I have two parties in the Realms right now. Both games are set in the summer of 1357.

The first is just called "the pirates" because we can never remember the name of the ship. The PCs are:

Oria Moonflower - a level 2 Moon Elf Wizard specializing in illusions from somewhere near-ish Waterdeep. She is possibly the only member of the party with any common sense. She's the ship's doctor.

Aithne Ó Ruadgáin - a level 2 Half-Wild Elf Rogue that will eventually be using a Duelist archetype we found online. She likes expensive clothes, pretty stuff, and having fun. She's the ship's "acquirer of goods." (She has high Charisma, so this doesn't necessarily mean she steals things. Just sometimes.) She earned the respect of the crew when, after having just regained consciousness, she proceeded to kill three sahuagin in about as many rounds of combat. They'd ruined her shirt, you see.

Both of the above are Harpers sent to the Pirate Isles to investigate ship disappearances, and Aithne is about to send Twilight Hall a bill for the repair and cleaning of her clothes. "No one mentioned fish men ruining my favorite silk shirt when I joined! To say nothing of creatures made of mud that explode when you kill them!" She was not happy at all after they ran into some mud mephits.

Travok Ironfist - a level 1 Dwarf Bard who specializes in nearly dying and basically being useless. Seriously, I can't roll a double digit number for this poor guy! But it kind of fits, since my concept was that he's very lazy and prefers to spend his time drinking, playing music, and gambling. He has a Constitution of 6, which adds to his uselessness. He's the ship's navigator . . . so far, however, the only time a navigation roll has been successfully made was while he was asleep.

Chenna Warmwater - a level 2 Halfling Fighter who insists on using a bow big enough that she has Disadvantage to use it. She is full of stories of her (very, very brief) time as a Purple Dragon.

So far they've found a lost pirate treasure that wasn't as much as the captain was hoping for, discovered a Zhent slaver and managed to convince him (while he was very drunk) to return to Zhentil Keep and tell Manshoon why he should be in charge instead, discovered that the Zhent weren't behind most of the ship disappearances, and helped a dwarf get a family heirloom back. Oh, and nearly died due to a sahuagin attack that was tougher than it should've been because the newbie DM got a little confused about how CR works.

The other party are the Silver Unicorns, a chartered adventuring company in Cormyr. It was suggested that they might go see what's going on in the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. This all-female band consists of:

Shayna Silverstar - a level 1 Human Cleric of Lliira. We've replaced the Truesilver family with the Silverstar family in our game, and she's their heir. She's, well, a Cleric of Lliira. She's also the leader of the group, partially because it was her idea in the first place, and her uncle who paid for our charter.

Arwen Oriandis - a level 1 Moon Elf Ranger. She's very quiet and shy and, apparently, very disturbed by the idea of Raise Dead and Resurrection.

Melitheen - a level 1 Human Ranger. She's somewhat sarcastic, occasionally rude, a touch impatient, and generally just more comfortable around animals and trees than people. She is along for the adventure because it sounded fun.

Fynaril - a level 1 Half-Moon Elf Cleric of Selûne. Fynaril wanted to be a wizard growing up, like her father, but despite his best attempts, she's failed to learn anything more than one cantrip. She was called to Selûne's service, however, and is a very devout follower of Her. I'll probably eventually have her take a couple of levels of Wizard, with the explanation that her father's teaching methods were the issue.

They've only had one session so far, and they met Lord Tessaril, thrown rocks at doors and statues that kept shooting lightning (trying to work out a pattern that didn't exist), and found a dead body, which they took back to town, ruining Lord Tessaril's hopes for a quiet night of drinking and talking with friends.
Thraskir Skimper Posted - 06 Jul 2018 : 04:26:24
Red Wizard of Thay Wizard/Magic User & Red Wizard
&
Either a Red Wizard of Thay or a Palemaster or a Cleric of Beshaba.
depends if we just use bottled cleric or real cleric.

Occasional the Cleric or Palemaster will be an Assassin as well.

If Bottled we use bandages with heal skill, Potions of Healing, Restoration, various cure or antidote potions etc...

Wizards who can transform can use a polymorph spell of some kind in combat, or summon creatures or elementals.

Invisibility potions and various kinds of wands can go a long way. Melf acid arrow wand, magic missile wand, Fireball wand, lightning bolt wand, etc...

Various scrolls in a bag of holding.

A portable hole full of skeletons or zombies is always fun. Wear the Portable hole as a cravat. Makes the no weapons or wands party or meeting so much more fun.

I often do city adventures and will have a character with 2-6 apprentice plus a merchant group and guards.

or I'll just go it alone with a summoned mount, flying carpet or broom or overland flight spell. Usually a moving from here to there adventure.

JPDeed Posted - 28 Jun 2018 : 15:54:48
Necromantic happenings.
"The Company of the Sundered Door"
- Alithiel of Waterdeep, Gold Lioness of Torm (LG Paladin 10)
- Fallon,
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jan 2018 : 02:35:25
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

I'd say the most interesting character we have in our 5E group is a wild dwarf druid (circle of the moon)/warlock (pact of the chain, fiendish patron), who's imp familiar is the "character," while his wild dwarf, Meat Puppet, is his tool that constantly shape changes into dinosaurs of various sorts, while the imp yells at the rest of the party in his nasally voice, "You're not doing it right!"

That is an awesome concept!
TomCosta Posted - 19 Jan 2018 : 02:07:55
I'd say the most interesting character we have in our 5E group is a wild dwarf druid (circle of the moon)/warlock (pact of the chain, fiendish patron), who's imp familiar is the "character," while his wild dwarf, Meat Puppet, is his tool that constantly shape changes into dinosaurs of various sorts, while the imp yells at the rest of the party in his nasally voice, "You're not doing it right!"

I'm playing the trapfinder, a human rogue (burglar). We also have a tabaxi fighter/rogue and a human paladin/bard, and some others that have switched from time to time as we've made our way through all of Yawning Portal.
Delnyn Posted - 19 Jan 2018 : 01:04:35
The original three Realms PC's were based in Waterdeep. They came to Toril from another world (homebrew) near Waterdeep in DR 1357 (The Year of the Prince) and stuck around for the jolly times of the Avatar crisis. The names are their adopted Faerunian names, not their original names. Ethnicities are put in quotes to give you an idea of what they would have been like had they been born and raised in Faerun. The class levels are effective as of DR 1368 (The Year of the Banner). Classes follow 3.0ed pre-splatbook, including Epic Level Handbook.

1. Jannhalor "Sharanrash" Shakrithi; LG "Tethyrian" human male Fighter 28
2. Shuse Graunlyn; LG "Illuskan" human male Wizard 29
3. Delnyn Foslath; LG "Mulan" human male Cleric 28 - unsurprisingly, my creation from Day One

Delnyn
Derulbaskul Posted - 14 Nov 2017 : 15:26:12
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

Let's see, we have in our current Neverwinter-based game:

- a male human hybrid barbarian|warlord who is the true heir to the crown of Neverwinter;
- a male half-elf wererat valorous bard who will probably become the spymaster of Neverwinter after he takes control of the Dead Rats gang of wererats;
- a male eladrin bladesinger who eventually wishes to uncover the mystery of Sharandar's disappearance; and
- a male dwarf hammer-and-shield fighter who will eventually find Gauntlgrym.

4E rules, 4E Realms. :)

That sounds like fun.

Bladedancer Posted - 11 Nov 2017 : 23:09:35
This is for our group's Menzoberranzaan campaign. We are currently working as a mercenary group on retainer to House Xorlarrin.

My character Khalan Del Armgo Drow Ranger5-Rogue1-Kyorlin Velve 3
Jelani Xorlarrin Dow Wizard 6- Shadow Adept 3
Tzzak "Ebon Fist" Orog Cleric of Ilneval 7/ Ordained Champion 2
Azuk Orog Crusader 9
Kara Shadowsong Gloura Sublime Chord 1
RDS Posted - 29 Jul 2017 : 17:25:18
After a year and half break from DMing and gaming due to RL issues with my players (new jobs and promotions mostly) I was persuaded to advertise for new players. I'll admit to quite a bit of DM burnout due to 3.5/Pathfinder item crafting rules sucking the joy out of the game for me as DM.

But I advertised and got 2 new players in addition to getting my wife back into the fold as long with one of my friends with a newer job. We chose to try 5E out. That was last August and we are a year in.

Our game is set in the Desertmount Mountain/Lost Dale/Tethymar. I run a freeform game and very rarely use anything but a few notes and what I can remember. An NPC Mayor they helped asked them to find the lost seal of Tarkhaldale so he could take former slaves and war torn refugees to a new home. I was unsure of what to do after the initial adventure and thinking of the how the seal of shadowdale got handed around I decided the lost dale might be available with Shade being destroyed.

My players include/included:

Stewpot - halfling monk and cook from near Hillsfar - player left game for new job after 4 months

Elgold - half sun elf dragon-blooded sorcerer - from Hillsfar - hates wizards

Vallenwarryn - Sun elf Valor Bard from Elventree - no real hook given to me by the player

Vitoth - Dragonborn Fighter (Battlemaster) - sold into slavery as a new youngling (do DB lay eggs?) Raised as a thief.

Lira - half green elf Liiran priest - from Hillsfar - pacifist <mostly toward NPC/PC races though> (my wife had her character name and class picked out before her deity. She said it was fate)

Varus - Human cleric of Tempus - from Hillsfar (it fit) - died in Tethymar.

Claybale - Wood Elf Rogue - traveling and confiscating elven items from the other races

The we added as the year went on:

Taar Orin - dwarf totem barbarian - last living survivor of a small dwarven hold overran by evil (wights) he's basically been living on his own in the small valley for decades after his parents perished/disappeared. He joined the group just as the party had stumbled upon a long lost small dwarven hold...otherwise I would have been polaxed trying to picture a dwarven barbarian.

Wentrick - Human champion figher - Cormyrian adventure rescued from a Leucrotta and her jackleware minions food pit.

Alistar - Half Green elf circle of the moon druid - bit a pot/mushroom head (Varus' players replacement character after Varus' spirit turned down raising. <boy was my wife pissed after she used up those diamonds to cast the spell>

Zeromaru X Posted - 25 Jul 2017 : 00:53:27
The last group I DMed for a 4e Neverwinter campaign:

Kaylara Thann (Alagondar): Our human warlord and true Neverwinter heir. The campaign was around the characters trying to make her the ruler of Neverwinter.

Edoras Sunstrider: My brother's male wood elf ranger and Seeker of Illefarn.

Ratzo: Our typical male ken... I mean, halfling rogue, and a member of the Sons of Alagondar. Our source of problems in the city. When he was killed, was replaced by his cousin Ritzo. Then his other cousin Retzo, and then I forced my friend to roll a new character...

Blip: Male kenku rogue, and the replacement of Retzo. Son of Alagondar as well.

Alara Moonwell: Our resident wizard. Female eladrin (moon elf) Iliyanbruen Guardian.

Garek McGann: Our human fighter and another member of Sons of Alagondar.

Quon: Our stereotypical tiefling warlock. She was a spellscarred harbinger, and had made her pact with Cthulhu (was a star pact warlock). She had a mini-Beholder as a familiar.

Dargor: My dragonborn paladin of Bahamut, who had to be a Harper Agent because no other Neverwinter theme was fit for a dragonborn :/. This was my only character in all of 4e (it was the same dragonborn paladin that came as a premade in Keep on the Shadowfell—I usually retconned him back to level 1 for new campaigns). My brother rolled him when I was the DM, that was mostly always...

Kara the Oghmanite: Our healer. Half-elf (or human) bard and follower of Oghma. She was a late addition to the campaign (we needed a healer, and the girlfriend of a friend wanted to play... ), and was forced to use the Oghma's Faithful by the other players just to make sense (the Neverwinter themes were a little bit limited). I don't remember much of her, really... the player wasn't an active one...

They formed a mercenary company named the White Griffons, thought they only had one griffon (named Crookytail).

We are trying to convert those characters to 5e now.
Nyx_Necrodragon Posted - 24 Jul 2017 : 23:24:43
We have a very merry little gathering:

Halfling Arcana cleric (LG)
Human Tempest Cleric (LN)
Drow Trickery Cleric/Rogue (LE)
Gnome Fighter (CN)
Half-elf Ranger/Sorcerer (CG)
Half-Orc Barbarian (CG)
Goblin Rogue (CN)

Don't ask how we ever get anything done on our quests.
Alamadaeo Posted - 20 Nov 2014 : 02:44:45
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

Our Waterdeep campaign has been running for 13 years now (in RW time ;), and although it is focused on the City of Splendors and the North, we have travelled all over the Realms during these years (Amn, Cormyr and Tethyr, mainly). I could probably write at least twenty pages about our characters and the campaign in general, but I try to keep details to the "bare-bones" minimum. Note that we have not used many canon events in our campaign, although some of them might yet come to pass later on. Since we are still playing 3.0 edition, some of the stats may seem "wrong" or lacking.
Our adventuring company was naively named Heroes of the North by my 1st level energetic (and extremely naive) bard, Wilfred Rollingshoulder. The name stuck, since all of the characters liked it ("It really sounds so epic and glorious!"). Of course, all the others were young and naive, too :D
The company is also known as Heroes of the Northland (for reasons known only to the DM) in Amn and Tethyr. All of the original (non-noble) characters were eventually ennobled for their services to Waterdeep (hence the honorary title of Sir or Saer).

Now the campaign is running towards its end, with the emergence of the Time of the Beast (Age of Worms). In our campaign, a powerful Phaerimm deity was imprisoned under the pyramids of Ascore, and now that it has become free, the whole North is becoming a hunting-ground for the Phaerimm and their allies/servants.

Reading things like this makes me insanely jealous, overcome with joy, and depressed at the same time. I have been playing for 14 years, mainly with the same four people, and we can't keep a game - nevermind the same characters - going for more than a few sessions. It is maddening, but the worst part is that I have no idea what to do about it. Reading things like this gives me hope for the future, though be it dim and cold. Congratulations on this no doubt epic and super fun campaign. May it continue for many more years.
Tarlyn Posted - 25 Oct 2014 : 14:11:43
I am running a campaign based on Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle although it has gone off into home brewed events at the moment.

- Male mountain dwarf war cleric of Clangeddin Silverbeard(6)
- Female mountain dwarf circle of the moon druid(6)
- Female forest gnome ranger(6)
- Male gold elf evoker(6)
- Male silver elf arcane trickster(6)
- Male human champion fighter (6)
- Male human paladin of Sune(6)

5e rules and Sundering timeline.

Diffan Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 09:57:18
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

- a male human hybrid barbarian|warlord who is the true heir to the crown of Neverwinter;
- a male half-elf wererat valorous bard who will probably become the spymaster of Neverwinter after he takes control of the Dead Rats gang of wererats;
- a male eladrin bladesinger who eventually wishes to uncover the mystery of Sharandar's disappearance; and

That sounds like fun.
Xal Valzar Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 05:11:45
my party is called:
The Improbables (but we call yourselves The Golden Crest Trust since we are first a business, that fights a lot)

CEO - Xal Valzar, Elf-Orc Male Fighter-Eldritch Knight 3
An ambitious figure with morals and nerves of Admantium
In charge of negotiations, market research, research and development, production. and leadership and vision.

CFO - Quilith B'anere* Male Drow Rouge- Arcane Trickster 3
A Drow from a family of merchant who escaped the underdark ready to make a new life on the surface.
In charge of negotiations, accounting and inventory. R&D. market research.

COO - Exeder D'Aplantar Male Amnian Paladin of Devotion to Waukeen 3
An Amnian son of a self made black smith, a charming figure who cares nothing but to get the job done.
In charge of negotiation, production, transport security. market research.
CAO (Chief Academic Officer) Merdrar D'Aplantar Male Amnian Cleric of Knowledge to Gond.
An Amnian son of a self made blacksmith, a brilliant curious mind inquisitive of all around him.
In charge of market research, research and development, transport logistics.

this is 5e rules. were now doing the Mines of Phindelver adventure.
*(no connection to the famed family)
Delwa Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 18:42:16
I'm the DM, but here's the PC's for my current "evil" campaign.

Word Hunzrin A NE Male Drow Rogue(3)

Morellia Vandree A CN Female Drow Wild Mage(4)

Hordak Dagarkin A CN Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter(4)

Elani of Waterdeep A CN Female Kender Fighter(4)

Pyrix Embershard A LE Deep Gnome Warlock(Great Old One Patron)/Evoker(4)

Jordan the Bounty Hunter A NE Illuskan Barbarian(3)

Sirch of Waterdeep A CN Male Waterdhavian Rogue(3)

Micajah Fellheart A NE Male Half-Elf Priest of Mask(3)

Fifth Edition D&D, set in 1490 DR. It is the 23 of Ches, and they are currently on the Trade Way heading South from Waterdeep.
Derulbaskul Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 17:05:59

Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 05:23:37
Hey, I can participate in this one, now!

Okay, so we're playing straight Pathfinder rules, but the setting is a large island west of Western Immorren, the home of the Iron Kingdoms. So it's a Pathfinder/Iron Kingdoms mashup. And we're doing a Kingmaker thing -- not the AP, but building a kingdom.

Our characters are all currently single-classes, with no PrCs, and are all 7th level. We are all from Cygnar.

My character is Conor Moriarty, a human gun mage from Ceryl. For those unfamiliar with the Iron Kingdoms, a gun mage is a variant sorcerer, who can do fun things like use a pistol to deliver touch attacks -- I'm looking forward to getting to shoot something with vampiric touch! I lifted both the given name and surname from the 3.0 IK RPG books; I was originally looking at a different surname, but once I saw Moriarty on the list, I had to take it.

We have a trollkin paladin of Morrow named Gabe Canyon. He's actually got the highest Charisma in the group, despite a record of failing Diplomacy checks... He favors the great axe, and usually deals the most melee damage.

We have some sort of variant ranger (not sure exactly what type, but he's all about hunting) named Cornelius Pendrake (distantly related to Victor Pendrake; his player plays Warmachine). He's good at long-ranged shots and hiding from animals, and once made himself invisible to animals just as a rhino decided to charge -- leaving my squishy gun mage as the next most viable target. In our most recent session, he had an incredible shot, taking out a fleeing lizard man that was something like 350 feet away. The penalties to hit were horrible, but he critted.

He also has a donkey named Hote, pronounced Ho-tay. It's a running joke, from some prior campaign. Donkey Ho-tay.

And last is Silas Blackwater, a human oracle. He's angling to become a Warcaster in a level or two.

The DM (the other person familiar with the Iron Kingdoms) found a Pathfinder gun mage class online, and that's what we've been using for my character. The DM gave me a choice with it: a better spell progression than the class had (get spells like a regular sorcerer) or better gun abilities (get gun skills like a gunslinger). I opted for the spells, but I've been enhancing the gunplay with feats -- Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (pistol), and Far Shot, for the gun stuff. And my character now has a +1 Distance Magelock pistol (named after his first love, Lady Caitlin), so he can reach out and touch someone a bit more readily.

When we first started, I commented about having a bag of holding.. The other guys wondered why I had it... I explained it in 2 words: "Strength 9!" (It had to be my dump stat).

My character's official backstory includes having served in the military for a while before getting out, due to disinterest and a lack of women. The DM is the only person that knows that Conor actually is a member of the Cygnaran Reconnaissance Service, and that his separation from the military was just for show.
Roseweave Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 02:48:50
4th Edition. Our attendance can be kinda shaky.

Arak, a Goliath Fighter. Running joke about him leaning on things and finding random doorways. Young suggestable optimistic type, almost in the vein of anime protags such as Goku, Luffy etc. Holds the Heart of the Mountain, a primordial artifact, and occasionally answers to that title. Bit of a thing going on with another Goliath called Asby, they won joint second in the World Goliath Championships.

Myst, a Shifter Ranger(Avenger Multiclass). Kinda grumpy, gambling problem, has a sister she hates(who is basically Azula because i thought it would be funny to go off and design her character with the GM). Makes a point of being neutral. Worships the Ravenqueen. Once crushed the seed of a potential universe and was left with a glowing rose tattoo with far realmsy powers that she hasn't given into yet. Known as the Deathbringer.

Osrikh, a Kenku Thief. Has a robotic claw made by my character's Dad. Kind of the wisecracking type. Has a traumatic history of being kicked around in Menzoberranzan. Has a number of aliases, such as the Red Raven, Boris Guyovitch, etc. Constantly in the shadow of his brother Oswald who is now an awesome space pirate.

Vorgan, a Tiefling Warlock(Infernal Pact). Mysterious, shows up to throw stuff at the enemy and then disappears again. I guess the Tuxedo Mask of the group. Apparently a descendant of Asmodeus. We actually know very little about him. Seems to be on good terms with the recurring Succubi characters.

Mikel, a Human Noble Swordmage. From a down on their luck branch of the Ruldegost family. Not the most charismatic of fellows, almost a little self defeatist but comes alive in battle. Ended up having a thing with the daughter of Countess Viridia, my character's evil fairy godmother(who is also my half-sister because fairies).

And finally my character, who's kinda difficult to classify. On paper she's an Eladrin Bard/Resourecful Magician called Eleonora Prismriver. She had a human parent, a mad scientist type called Alexander, and an Eladrin parent, a Morticia Addams-ish witch called Alstromeria. Because Alexander was "special", and Alstromeria's unusual bloodline, Ellie was effectively born a full fairy - in particular a Leannán Sídhe. Her mother spent a lot of time around spellplague which exaggerated these traits and made Ellie unstable, meaning she ended up taken away by Alexander and experimented on until she ended up with a weird seal. Her Dad also made a bunch of constructs and stuff we keep around our tower and is a bit of a Philanderer(Ellie has two half sisters by him). Unfortunately, even with the Seal, Ellie has a habit of putting people to sleep/draining them when she kisses them. She had control of it but had to give up half of the seal to save her spellplagued half-succubus sister(yeah, Alexander had an experimental phase).

There are Bards that play the flute, there are bards that focus on poetry, Ellie is pretty much a Showgirl. I tend to describe her as a glamrock fairy princess. though she's not a real princess, she's a courtesan, that actually suits her better since real princesses are more restricted. She used to be a more straight up bard playing with her other half-sister(she has 3, this one's unrelated to the other 2) who's unfortunately become estranged to her due to the noble family that adopted her getting tetchy.

yeeeah Ellie's pretty hard to describe. We decided her family motto is "It's Complicated." I've written a bunch of fics delving into her backstory and NPCs.

Previously we also had a Githzerai monk of Selûne called Adele who was kind of crazy. She fought with Myst a lot, mostly over the one time Adele started a bar fight. Her former master has a Darth Vader thing going on and Adele keeps getting tempted by the dark side. Left on some sort of spiritual quest. May be back for the wedding.

Some of the NPCs are prety awesome too, though mostly the ones I mentioned in Ellie's bio.

Phew.
Cards77 Posted - 03 Aug 2014 : 02:49:48
Grinkle (Hobgoblin Rogue 6, Scout Archetype) - a gentle hobgoblin that has been "civilized". Detailed here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109&whichpage=3

Farl Hawklight (Human Fighter 6, Unbreakable archetype with a twist, TWF with spiked shield) - a former mercenary with a drinking problem and a violent streak, but a good guy deep down.

Willow {family name withheld} (Male Gold Elf, Wizard 6, Loremaster build) - a young Elven scholar from Waterdeep. Classically trained at Silverymoon's College of Magic. Also an accomplished battle mage. Currently a candidate to join the Knights in Silver and studying several sites in the High Forest believed to be a part of the fallen kingdom of Arvyanndar.

Kendra Ravenmane (Human Female, Ranger 6, Mounted Archer build) - a sweet natured follower of Meilikki with a sassy streak. Knows how to handle a sword...and Farl's wandering hands. A phenom with a longbow, and beautiful.

Athera Moonglow (Half-elf Female, Druid 6, Mooncaller Archetype) - a orphaned, naive, young druid from the Moonwood. Has no idea what she wants but knowns she doesn't want to stay in the Moonwood. She was given to a local druid at birth by her elven mother as she Retreated to Evermeet. Her human father had already left to parts unknown. She was raised in a secluded druid grove by a grumpy old man (druid), animals were her constant and only friends. She desires to seek new adventures and some day know her heritage and past.
xmaxx Posted - 01 Aug 2014 : 10:52:03
My PCs' group didn't change a lot over the years.

Raistlin - N lv 6 hm Druid (Silvanus) brand new member of the Emerald Enclave

Meegosh Demrok - LN lv 6 dm Warrior who prefers bravery over words

Gengis Obgood - N lv 4/4 hem Warrior/Mage that comes from a gypsy family

Magnitus - N lv 5 em Warrior from Synnoria

Stanius Unrikhair - LG lv 6 em Starsinger from Synnoria

Yama Kaztakura - LN lv 5 hm Kensai from Kozakura, armed with a pata

Lester Feuille-puissante - NE lv 4 em Mage, coward extraordinaire

Kalfing "Swix" Thunder - NB lv 5 hgm Burglar from Luiren, with a seaman experience

Sarenza - NB lv 5 hf Gondswoman from Tilverton

Magically sent in Faerun, they visited Shadowdale and Cormyr, and chose The Compagny of the Mist as an official band name.
Sian Posted - 27 May 2010 : 22:19:32
got a young just started party running around in Damara with me as DM

lets see ...

Bombur - Male Dwarven NG Fighter 2
Shila Dyernina - Female Human (Rashemani) NG Wizard 2
Danka Kanitar - Female Human (Rashemani) NG Barbarian 2 (bodyguard with a crush for the wizard)
Delbra Iceblossom - Female Arctic Dwarven NE Druid of Auril 1 (DM Pet, proberly sooner or later changing to Akadi)
dragonfriend Posted - 27 May 2010 : 19:17:51
Last Party I dm was called "The Company without a name"

We played all the Return to the temple of Elemental Evil and some adventures after that. They were:

-Aramil Xanaphia (secret son of the Simbul): Male half-elf Fighter 9/wizard 5 from Yuirwood. Died in a Ravenloftian version of MythDrannor

-Alyiua: Calishite female human LN monk 15.

-Raul Cervantes: LN human male from turmish fighter/rogue

-Anksunamun of Helm: LG female aasimar cleric/paladin of Helm. unofficial leader of the group.

-Lureen of Sune: CG female Cleric/heartwarden of Sune

All around 14th-15th level as they return from Ravenloft to the Realms.
Dracons Posted - 27 May 2010 : 11:35:25
Oy, let's see if I can remember my full party of characters that I currently DM for. Granted, the bulk of them don't show up more then half the time, but still.

Half Elf/Half-Orc Paladin of the elven god. He was a cast off son of King Obald Many Arrows.

Human Wizard/Cleric/Mystic Thurge of Velsharoon. Tends to be sneaky.

Najulie: Human barbarian of Red Tiger tribe.

Sirius: Human Monk of the Old Order

Unknown: Just a sneaky rogue/psion. He very quiet and doesn't talk much.

Precious: A tiny catgirl ninja with a leather fetish. Had a special request from player to have a imovible rob with grease on it.

Kary: (NPC) Cleric of Cyric. Party belives her to be a fallen servent of Lathander, so cleric of Velsharoon is trying to win her into his faith and he belives it is working. She keeps a public face of going to Elven god, doing good deeds and the HalfOrc belives he doing a great job and starting to fall for her. Little do they know, she just using them all to get them to backstab each other. Slowly working, some have started to attack the other characters in small ways. She's mostly using them to not do what their main quest is, or at least stall them enough so the main bad guy wins.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 19 Jan 2010 : 23:21:36
Great class. Here's my Battledancer class if anyone would like to use it. Be warned- the spellcasting might be a little overpowered for the class, use bard stats if you want to make it more even with other classes. I'm still working out the kinks...

Battledancer

Lightly armored yet armed to the teeth, battledancers are elite warriors who use their skills to perfect a deadly art that combines martial skill with bardic magic. Armed with swift slashing weapons, singing martial hymns as they cut through their foes, they are as beautiful as they are deadly in battle. Battledancers often act as the personal bodyguards and agents for royalty, or as commanders of troops on the battlefield, inspiring courage in their allies and fear in their opponents. They have mastered dance as a form of combat, often confusing or stunning their enemies with dazzling displays of prowess.

Adventures: Battledancers adventure to gain experience in battling different types of foes, and to test their courage and skill in battle. They also adventure out of natural wanderlust and curiosity. They also travel to learn new songs and dances to incorporate into their own unique style of fighting.

Alignment: Battledancers can be of any non-lawful alignment. Many battledancers consider themselves masters of their own destinies, and as such do not recognize anyone as their sovereign. Some seek to find, or eventually create, a sword with perfect balance. Others feel the need to use their skills to tame or subdue an area, though not always for the benefit of others. Battledancers hail from all walks of life and follow the path for all sorts of reasons, from curiosity to ambition; from protection to domination; from freedom to vengence.

Religion: The faith of battledancers varies as much as their alignments. Good battledancers sometimes worship Helm or Tyr; chaotic neutral battledancers tend to drift towards Tempus or Garagos, while evil ones often worship Cyric. In the end, all battledancers have a common belief in one thing: the blades held in their hands.

Background:
Battledancers learn their skills as apprentices to older more experienced battledancers, and schooled in the arts of warfare, song, dance, and lore, though some battledancers arise from the ranks of gifted, self-taught dancers and warriors. Many hail from nomadic cultures with a long tradition of dervish-like song-warriors. Desert and gypsy tribes have long-standing traditions of battledancers often called dervishes or sword dancers. During their apprenticeship period battledancers choose their two preferred weapons, which must be slashing weapons. Among shorter-lived races, such as humans, battledancers train from a very early age, often starting as children who have shown some talent for dancing or with certain slashing weapons. Candidates among elves typically begin their apprenticeship at comparatively early ages; they are taken between the age of 30-50, often taking well over half a century to learn the art. Apprentices train every day to master the art of battledancing until they are ready to prove themselves in battle. Perfecting this style of fighting is a long, grueling process, requiring many years.

Races: Elves make excellent battledancers, due to their innate skill with longswords, dexterous bodies, and willingness to devote themselves to decades of singular study. From the conflicting traits of their heritage, half-elves often make the greatest battledancers due to their balanced natures. Humans and halflings often make good battledancers, as well. Gnomes make fair battledancers, if sometimes mischievous ones. Given the nature of the class and its more chaotic bent, as well as the skills involved, few dwarves can rise to the challenge.
Of the non-traditional races, stories of planetouched battledancers have been rare, but not discounted. No other tales have been heard, as the monstrous races generally do not have the patience, nor the agility, required to undertake this profession.

Classes:
Battledancers are trained to act in concert with other warriors and clerics. They tend to view rogues with suspicion and disdain. Wizards and bards are also in good standing; bards in particular are viewed as kindred spirits, and may even be allowed to learn the battledancer‘s art.. Sorcerers must prove their courage and skill.

Abilities:
Dexterity is vital to battledancers because they rely upon their natural agility and speed rather than brute force. Since many of their skills are based upon Charisma that ability is also very important. Strength is somewhat important, for the battledancer’s art is very strenuous, requiring much practice.

Hit Die: d8

Skill points at first level: (6+Int modifier) x 4
Skill points per level: 6+Int modifier

Skill Ability Skill Ability Skill Ability
Balance Dex Knowledge (any) Int Profession Wis
Climb Str Listen Wis Search Int
Craft Int Move silently Dex Spot Wis
Diplomacy Cha Perform (dance) ** Cha Tumble Dex
Jump Str Perform (sing) *** Cha Survival Wis

Armor and weapon proficiencies: Battledancers may only wear light armor, and do not have proficiency with any shields. They are proficient with all medium or smaller slashing weapons, as well as the quarterstaff, whip, darts, and bolas.

Spellcasting: Battledancers have the same number of spells known as Duskblades, and cast them and have the same number of spells per day as Sorcerers. Their spells are charisma-based, and all require dancing as the somatic component. They do not learn additional spells as wizards do, nor can they “unlearn” a spell to replace it with a new one. They may have additional spells per day, provided they have a high enough charisma to have extra spell slots of the appropriate level.

Battledance Performance: Once per day per level, a battledancer can use his song, dancing, or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him like a bard (usually including himself, if desired). While these abilities fall under the category of bardic music and the descriptions discuss singing or dancing, they can all be activated by reciting poetry, chanting, singing lyrical songs, singing melodies (fa-la-la, and so forth), whistling, playing an instrument, or playing an instrument in combination with some dance performance. Each ability requires both a minimum level and a minimum number of ranks in the Perform skill to qualify; if a battledancer does not have the required number of ranks in at least one Perform skill, he does not gain the performance ability until he acquires the needed ranks. Starting a performance effect is a standard action. Some performance abilities require concentration, which means the battledancer must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using performance that doesn’t require concentration, a battledancer cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands). Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component, a deaf battledancer has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use his performance, unless it is a dance. If he fails, the attempt still counts against his daily limit.
Countersong (Su): A battledancer with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components). Each round of the countersong, he makes a Perform check. Any creature within 30 feet of the battledancer (including the battledancer himself ) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack (such as a sound burst or command spell) may use the battledancer’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the battledancer’s Perform check result for the save. Countersong has no effect against effects that don’t allow saves. The battledancer may keep up the countersong for 10 rounds.
Fascinate (Sp): A battledancer with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and able to pay attention to him. The battledancer must also be able to see the creature. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a battledancer attains beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability (two at 4th level, three at 7th level, and so on).
Inspire Courage (Su): A battledancer with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including himself ), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the bard sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the battledancer sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six battledancer levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1 (+2 at 8th, +3 at 14th, and +4 at 20th). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.
Confusing Dance: At 4th level battledancer can confuse targets with a special dance once per day. This requires one full round of dancing, after which all creatures within 15 feet of the battledancer are affected as the confusion spell (Will negates, DC 10 + spell dancer level + Char mod) for 1 rd per spell dancer level.
Inspire Greatness (Su): A battledancer of 9th level or higher with 10 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting him or her extra fighting capability. For every three levels a battledancer attains beyond 9th, he can target one additional ally with a single use of this ability (two at 12th level, three at 15th, four at 18th). To inspire greatness, he must sing and an ally must hear him sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the battledancer sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells such as sleep. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability.
Beguiling Dance: A battledancer of 11th level with 12 or more ranks in Perform (dance) can use her enchanting dance to distract her enemies. Whenever you start or maintain a beguiling dance, all enemies within 30 feet who can see you must succeed on a Will save or be dazed for 1 round. Creatures that fail this save also have their attitude improved by one step for as long as you maintain the dance (see Influencing NPC Attitudes, PH 74). This attitude adjustment does not prevent any subsequent attitude changes. For example, an enemy that becomes indifferent toward you as a result of this effect still turns hostile if you then attack it.
Wearying Dance: A 13th level battledancer with 14 or more ranks in Perform (dance) can use her enchanting
dance to tire her enemies. Whenever you start or maintain a wearying dance, all enemies within 30 feet who can see you must succeed on a Will save or be fatigued for as long as you maintain the dance. Creatures failing this save that are already fatigued become exhausted.
Inspire Heroics (Su): A battledancer of 15th level or higher with 16 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire tremendous heroism in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, allowing that creature to fight bravely even against overwhelming odds. For every three battledancer levels the character attains beyond 15th, he can inspire heroics in one additional creature. To inspire heroics, a battledancer must sing and an ally must hear him sing for a full round. A creature so inspired gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws and a +4 dodge bonus to AC. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the battledancer sing and for up to 5 rounds thereafter. Inspire heroics is a mind-affecting ability.
Frightful Dance: A 17th level battledancer with 18 or more ranks in Perform (dance) can use her enchanting
dance to scare her enemies. Whenever you start or maintain a frightful dance, all enemies within 30 feet who can see you must succeed on a Will save or be shaken for as long as you maintain the dance. Creatures failing this save that are already shaken become frightened, and those that are already frightened become panicked.

Battledancing: Battledancers are trained in the ancient art of Battledancing, which is a battledancer’s individual dance-like style. It allows battledancers to perfect their own style of the dance. The battledancer chooses his two preferred weapons upon entering apprenticeship, giving them the ability to fight with two-weapons (such as two long swords) without penalty to attack or damage rolls (as the Ambidexterity and Two-weapon fighting feats). Furthermore when battledancing a battledancer gains a bonus to their initiative and armor class equal to half their level rounded down (for example a 5th level elven battledancer has +2 bonus to initiative and armor class). Battledancers apply their Dexterity modifier to all attack and damage rolls using their preferred weapons (as the Weapon Finesse Feat). They do not gain this bonus when using any other weapon.

AC Bonus (Ex): A battledancer gains this bonus to Armor Class as long as she is wearing no armor or light armor and not carrying a shield. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when the battledancer is flat-footed. She loses this bonus when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor heavier than light, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load. This bonus increases by one point at every fifth level, starting at 1st, (+2 at 5th, +3 at 10th, ect.)

Uncanny Dodge: Starting at 2nd level, battledancers gain the extraordinary ability to react to danger before their senses would normally allow the to do so. At 2nd level and above they retain their Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) regardless of being caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible foe. (They still lose their Dexterity bonus if immobilized.)
At 5th level, battledancers can no longer be flanked; they can react to opponents on opposite sides of them as easily as they can react to a single attacker. This defense denies a rogue the ability to use a flank attack to sneak attack the elven battledancer. The exception to this is that a rogue at least four levels higher than the elven battledancer can flank him (and thus sneak attack him).

Weapon of Choice: Starting at 2nd level, a battledancer’s skill with his chosen weapon allows him to treat it as a light weapon for purposes of two-weapon fighting, and can be used in a grapple or when swallowed. This ability can only be used with weapons of up to the same size category as the battledancer (such as a longsword, which is a medium weapon, for an elf.) The weapon chosen must be of the slashing type.

Evasion: At 3rd level, a battledancer gains evasion. If exposed to any effect that normally allows a character to attempt a Reflex saving throw for half damage (such as a fireball spell), the elven battledancer takes no damage with a successful saving throw.

Melodic Casting: At 4th level, a battledancer can weave his music and magic together into a single perfect voice. Whenever a Concentration check would be required to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability (such as when you cast defensively or are distracted or injured while casting), you can make a Perform check instead. In addition, you can cast spells and activate magic items by command word or spell completion while using a battledancer performance ability. Performance abilities that require concentration still take a standard action to perform.
Normal: A battledancer can't cast spells or activate magic items by command word or spell completion while using bardic music.

Battle Dance (Ex): Starting at 5th level, a battledancer can become a whirling dancer of death a certain number of times per day. While in this dance, she can take a full attack action (for melee attacks only) and still move up to her speed. However, the battledancer must move a minimum of 5 feet between each attack when using this ability, and she cannot return to a square she just exited (though she may return to that square later during her full attack). The battledancer is subject to attacks of opportunity while dancing, but may tumble normally as part of her move. A battledancer prevented from completing her move is also prevented from finishing her full attack. If a battledancer wields a slashing weapon while in a battle dance, she gains a bonus on her attack and damage rolls. This bonus is +1 at 1st level, and it increases by an extra +1 at every odd-numbered level thereafter. A battledancer may only perform a battle dance while wielding a slashing weapon (she may use a double weapon, or multiple weapons, only if both ends of the weapon or all weapons are of the slashing type). She cannot perform a battle dance in any armor heavier than light or if she is using a shield. While dancing, a battledancer cannot use skills or abilities that involve concentration or require her to remain still, such as Move Silently, Hide, or Search. A battledancer can, however, sing or use her other performance abilities while she dances, and can also use the Combat Expertise feat while in a dance. A battledancer cannot perform a battle dance while under the effect of a rage or frenzy ability. A battledancer can perform a battle dance only once per encounter. A battle dance lasts 1 round for every two ranks of Perform (dance) that the character has. At the end of a battle dance, the character becomes fatigued for the duration of the encounter. This ability can be used one additional time per day for every five levels, up to four times a day at 20th level.

Shield of Blades: Beginning at 6th level, you become adept at defending yourself when wielding a pair of medium or light weapons. You gain a +2 shield bonus to your AC whenever you attack with at least two light weapons during your turn. (Despite the name of this class feature, you can use any light or medium weapon to gain the benefit, even unarmed strikes or natural weapons.) Though it requires a full attack action to use the ability, the AC bonus applies against all attackers (even invisible ones). This AC bonus lasts until the start of your next turn. This is an extraordinary ability. This bonus increases by 1 for every five levels beyond 5th (+3 at 10th level, +4 at 15th level, and +5 at 20th level). You lose this bonus when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

Spring Attack: At 7th level, a battledancer gains the Spring Attack feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites.

Dance of Death: At 8th level, a battledancer gains the benefit of the Cleave feat while performing a battle dance, even if she does not meet the prerequisites for the feat. She does not have to move 5 feet before making the extra attack granted by this ability.

Improved two-weapon fighting: At 9th level battledancers gain the feat Improved two-weapon fighting as a class feature.

Movement Mastery (Ex): At 10th level, a battledancer is so certain of her movements that she is unaffected by adverse conditions. When making a Jump, Perform (dance), or Tumble check, she may take 10 even if stress and distraction would normally prevent her from doing so.

Improved Evasion: At 13th level battledancers gain improved evasion. This ability works like evasion, except that while the elven battledancer still takes no damage on a successful Reflex save against spells such as fireball or a breath weapon, the battledancer now takes only half damage on a failed save (the battledancer’s reflexes allow him to get out of harms way with incredible speed).

Whirlwind Flurry: At 16th level, the battledancer gains the benefits of Whirlwind Attack and Slashing Flurry (as the feats) during a battledance, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.

A Thousand Cuts (Ex): When a battledancer reaches 20th level, once per day she may double the number of melee attacks she makes while performing a full attack action (whether in a battle dance or not). If a battledancer uses this ability in conjunction with her battle dance, she can make up to two attacks between moves. The battledancer also gains the benefit of the Great Cleave feat with slashing weapons while performing a thousand cuts, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. She does not have to move 5 feet before making any extra attacks granted by this ability. A battledancer using this ability can receive an extra attack from the haste spell, but the bonuses provided by the spell do not stack with the bonuses granted by the class.

1 +1 +2 +2 +0
2 +2 +2 +3 +1
3 +3 +2 +3 +1
4 +4 +3 +4 +1
5 +5 +3 +4 +2
6 +6/+1 +3 +5 +2
7 +7/+2 +4 +5 +2
8 +8/+3 +4 +6 +3
9 +9/+4 +4 +6 +3
10 +10/+5 +5 +7 +3
11 +11/+6/+1 +5 +7 +4
12 +12/+7/+2 +5 +8 +4
13 +13/+8/+3 +6 +8 +4
14 +14/+9/+4 +6 +9 +5
15 +15/+10/+5 +6 +9 +5
16 +16/+11/+6/+1 +7 +10 +5
17 +17/+12/+7/+2 +7 +10 +6
18 +18/+13/+8/+3 +7 +11 +6
19 +19/+14/+9/+4 +8 +11 +6
20 +20/+15/+10/+5 +8 +12 +7

Table 3–17: Battledancer Spells Known

Level 0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
1st 4 2 — — — — —
2nd 5 2 — — — — —
3rd 5 3 — — — — —
4th 6 3 1 — — — —
5th 6 3 2 — — — —
6th 6 4 2 1 — — —
7th 7 4 2 2 — — —
8th 7 4 3 2 1 — —
9th 7 4 3 3 2 — —
10th 8 5 3 3 2 1 —
11th 8 5 4 3 3 2 —
12th 8 5 4 4 3 2 1
13th 9 5 4 4 3 3 2
14th 9 6 5 4 4 3 2
15th 9 6 5 5 4 4 2
16th 9 6 5 5 4 4 3
17th 9 6 6 5 5 5 3
18th 9 7 6 6 5 5 3
19th 9 7 6 6 5 5 4
20th 9 7 7 6 6 6 4

————Spells per Day————
0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
1st 3 2 — — — — —
2nd 4 3 — — — — —
3rd 5 4 — — — — —
4th 5 5 — — — — —
5th 6 5 2 — — — —
6th 6 5 3 — — — —
7th 6 6 4 — — — —
8th 6 6 5 — — — —
9th 6 6 5 2 — — —
10th 6 7 6 3 — — —
11th 6 7 6 5 — — —
12th 6 7 7 6 1 — —
13th 6 8 7 6 2 1 —
14th 6 8 7 6 3 2 —
15th 6 8 8 7 5 3 —
16th 6 9 8 7 6 5 1
17th 6 9 8 7 6 2 2
18th 6 9 9 8 7 3 3
19th 6 9 9 8 7 5 3
20th 6 9 9 9 8 6 4

woodwwad Posted - 13 Jan 2010 : 23:29:19
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Sounds like an interesting group, and I like the homebrew classes! Can you pm me the stats for those?

Here is the class, I have written, with a 3.5 write up.

Scarlet Mummer

The Scarlet Mummer is an elite group of holy warriors who follow the goddess Lliira. They were created after the times of troubles to avenge the murder of Selgaunt's High Revelistress Chlanna Asjros (whom Lliirra had taken as a lover while in mortal form during the Time of Troubles) by members of a cult of Loviatar. This greatly affected the Lady of Joy, as a responce the order was formed to end the cruelty and suffering caused by the churt of Loviatar, the greatest enemy of Joy.

The class is most readily pursued by Bards, especially divine bards, or multiclassed Bards; however, the class is also pursued by multiclass Paladines of Freedom/Rogues, Cleric's of Lliira/Rogues and Rangers/Rogues.

Hit Die: d6

Requirements
To qualify to become a Scarlet Mummer, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: CG

Skills: Disguise 4 ranks, Escape Artist 4 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks, and Perform (dance) 8 ranks.

Feats: Exotic Weapon (blade boot), Lliira's Blessing (p. 176, player's guide to Faerun), and Nimbus of Light (Book of Exalted Deeds).

Special: Divine patron Lliira. Must be chosen by Lliira or a member of the Scarlet Mummers who has at least 5 levels of the prestige class.

Class Skills

The Scarlet Mummers class skills are Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Religion), Move Silently, Perform (dance), Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft and Use Rope.

Class Features
All the following are class Features of the Scarlet Mummer prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Scarlet Mummer gains no weapon or armor proficiency and is banned from ever using a whip or scourage.

Sneak Attack: This functions the same as the Rogue ability.

Death Attack: As per the Assassin ability described on page 180-181 of the DM 3.5.

Graceful: Can use Dance as if it were tumble, but only for the purposes of avoiding attacks of opportunity while moving through enemies squares.

Grace Under Pressure: take 10 on all dance checks even when rushed or threatened

Hide In Plain Site: Described on page 181 of the DMG 3.5.

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +0 +0 +2 +0 sneak attack 1d6, death attack, Graceful

2 +1 +0 +3 +0 Improved Trip

3 +2 +1 +3 +1 2d6 sneak attack, Grace Under Pressure

4 +3 +1 +4 +1 Improve Feint (use dance ranks instead of bluff)

5 +3 +1 +4 +1 Sneak attack 3d6

6 +4 +2 +5 +2 weapon focus (blade boot)

7 +5 +2 +5 +2 sneak attack 4d6

8 +6 +2 +6 +2 Hide in plain sight

9 +6 +3 +6 +3 sneak attack 5d6

10 +7 +3 +7 +3 Whirlwind attack, Improved Critical (Blade Boot)

Each level also gets +1 level of existing spell casting class.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 12 Jan 2010 : 23:27:28
ROFLMAO!!! Oh, yes, definitely!! I never did have her enchant any of it, but she still carries it around in her bag of holding. She also robbed a convenience store of half their munchables and drinks (including alcohol- she's got enough vodka and Jack Daniels in that bag to kill a horse!). Once in a while she pulls a bag of Droitos or Cheetos out of her bag while camping....
dwarvenranger Posted - 12 Jan 2010 : 22:44:43
quote:

Sounds great! I did something similar once with my hubby and a few friends. Except it was the reverse- Our PC's (hubby was DM) ended up on Earth- in Vagas, circa 1990, actually. There were three of us, and all were evil. Between us, we eventually demolished half the city. (Gotta love high-level PC's with fireballs!!!) We also ended up with some interesting loot when we all got back to the home-world. Never let a psychotic half-drow assassin/wizard get her hands on SWAT gear and weaponry....

Truly, then we could have the never ending magazine that you always see on movies. That'd bring the price of ammo right back down
Diffan Posted - 12 Jan 2010 : 10:24:27
quote:

Sounds great! I did something similar once with my hubby and a few friends. Except it was the reverse- Our PC's (hubby was DM) ended up on Earth- in Vagas, circa 1990, actually. There were three of us, and all were evil. Between us, we eventually demolished half the city. (Gotta love high-level PC's with fireballs!!!) We also ended up with some interesting loot when we all got back to the home-world. Never let a psychotic half-drow assassin/wizard get her hands on SWAT gear and weaponry....

That's awesome, lol. I could just see the possiblities...."hmmm, should I go with magic missile or the Colt M4A1?" Would be even better if you enchanted the SWAT gear. I'm thinking silence on an rocket-propelled-grenade haha!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000