Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 The Kryptgarden

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arion Elenim Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 21:16:59
Does anyone know where I can find some canon on the Kryptgarden (area north of Waterdeep in the Sword Mts, pg 128 of the FRPG.)?
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ericlboyd Posted - 04 Jun 2019 : 01:10:52
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

My memory says that it was also in an old dungeon mag article that was a spelljammer crossover. Can't find it so it might be Neverwinter wood though.

That was Neverwinter Wood. Dungeon #28.
Derulbaskul Posted - 29 Jul 2014 : 13:12:37
The new D&D Adventurers League is going to include an adventure set in Kryptgarden. Here's the blurb:

DDEP1 Corruption in Kryptgarden
Designer: Teos Abadia
Characters of Level 1-4

Playtime: 3 hours

Kryptgarden Forest has long been a place feared by travelers. Now, the Cult of the Dragon has used that fear to its advantage, securing a stronghold deep in the forest. The Harpers, Order of the Gauntlet, Emerald Enclave, Lords’ Alliance, and the Zhentarim are recruiting groups of adventurers to infiltrate the forest to find out the cult’s purpose. Join hundreds of others in this interactive play experience. Available only at Gen Con Indy, PAX Prime, Dragon*Con, and Fan Expo Canada.

The website for Adventurers League is here: http://dndadventurersleague.org/tyranny-of-dragons-premier-adventures/
The Masked Mage Posted - 27 Jul 2014 : 16:52:46
My memory says that it was also in an old dungeon mag article that was a spelljammer crossover. Can't find it so it might be Neverwinter wood though.
Myst Posted - 25 Jul 2014 : 04:24:15
Anything new in the area?!?!? Running a 4e game near there.
Arion Elenim Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 23:43:16
thanks all! My writer's block thanks you.
Brimstone Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 23:06:57
-Hill Giant Vampire! Thanks for the info.

BRIMSTONE
The Sage Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 23:02:23
Thanks Krash. I had a nagging suspicion that I'd forgotten a particular reference.
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-DRAGON 236, "Children of the Night"?

That's the one. By Paul Culotta.
Lord Karsus Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 22:44:09
-DRAGON 236, "Children of the Night"?
George Krashos Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 21:15:31
Sage has in his standard efficient manner provided you with reference to all of the published 'canon' sources on the Kryptgarden - save one.

There is a long-ago Dragon article on vampires in the Realms which gives details and stats on the hill giant vampire that lairs in those woods. Someone will be along directly to give you the exact citation.

Other than that, you've been referred to all of the existing published realmslore on that location.

-- George Krashos
Arion Elenim Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 15:54:32
so..ermm....does anyone have any more info on the Kryptgarden?
StarBog Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 13:02:46
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

[quote]Originally posted by StarBog
What is chaviest?

Wikipedia to the rescue
Someone who is common, boorish, rude, ill-mannered, loutish, and who would live in Dock Ward.

Damo is indeed correct. She was(is) perfect Dock Ward material. Now of course that's she's nobility....I think the priestesses of Siamorphe have their work cut out....I think we're planning to do a Mere of Den Men Campaign next year and she's going to be one of the PCs...
Markustay Posted - 12 Nov 2008 : 18:53:45
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

Actually no - it involves a wild mage, a handful of dwarven miners, and some goblins if memory serves.

That sounds like the last Bachelor Party I went to.
crazedventurers Posted - 12 Nov 2008 : 08:59:01
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

[quote]Originally posted by StarBog
What is chaviest?

Wikipedia to the rescue
Someone who is common, boorish, rude, ill-mannered, loutish, and who would live in Dock Ward.

Cheers

Damo
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 15:50:32
quote:
Originally posted by StarBog

chaviest

Okay, usually I'm pretty good at slang, especially from across the pond since I have a few British friends. But you've truly stumped me here. What is chaviest?
Na-Gang Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 15:12:03
quote:
Originally posted by StarBog

quote:

Dungeon issue 45 had an adventure set there: 'Welcome to Krypthome.

I think I may have played this not too long ago - is that the one with the travelling minstrel, werewolves, the deck of many things, the village of bumpkins and the semi-ruined castle filled with bad guys?

My rogue (the fattest chaviest thief in Waterdeep) ended up becoming "Lady Min of Kryptgarden" as a result of said Deck she found in the Castle ruins.

Actually no - it involves a wild mage, a handful of dwarven miners, and some goblins if memory serves.
StarBog Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 13:53:52
quote:

I think I may have played this not too long ago - is that the one with the travelling minstrel, werewolves, the deck of many things, the village of bumpkins and the semi-ruined castle filled with bad guys?

My rogue (the fattest chaviest thief in Waterdeep) ended up becoming "Lady Min of Kryptgarden" as a result of said Deck she found in the Castle ruins.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 22:31:59
No, we're four in a million.

Arion Elenim Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 17:52:47
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

See also Volo's Guide to the North, Waterdeep and the North and the Savage Frontier tome. [They're available as free PDF downloads at WotC]

There were some slight 'Kryptgarden' tidbits in the timeline for the "Old North" in Lost Empires of Faerûn also.

Thanks guys, you're one in a million.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 15:58:22
Anciently the forest was known as Tsordvudd, according to Dwarves Deep. It was the western border of Besilmer.

Wave Echo cave in the Swordkrypt Mountains is said by Volo to be a lair of monsters now, its location lost to drwarves and gnomes.

Na-Gang Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 07:51:18
The Sage Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 22:50:29
See also Volo's Guide to the North, Waterdeep and the North and the Savage Frontier tome. [They're available as free PDF downloads at WotC]

There were some slight 'Kryptgarden' tidbits in the timeline for the "Old North" in Lost Empires of Faerûn also.
Fillow Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 21:26:00
Have a look in Dragon #233, p. 36 & 37. (I've not had a look by myself but I found hints which sid to me you could find something there !)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000