Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Did you subscribe to DDI ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Red Walker Posted - 24 Oct 2008 : 14:52:11
Just curious, I have not yet and am still considering it.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 07 Apr 2009 : 00:26:32
Okay, I think that's enough of that. Let's get back to proper discussion of subscribing to DDi. Thank you.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 06 Apr 2009 : 20:29:04
Hah! Yeah, that's probably it--'cause the RPG industry is such a well-known path to riches.

Cheers,
Christopher
(happy Dungeons & Dragons Insider subscriber)

quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Or:

Decadent Designers' Income...

Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Apr 2009 : 20:23:44
Or:

Decadent Designers' Income...
Kiaransalyn Posted - 06 Apr 2009 : 18:11:17
Debating Dollar Increases
Decidedly Devoted to Income
Definitely Declining Intelligence
Destroy Decadent Individuality
Dig Deep, Idiots

and on the positive side to keep balance
Decent Debates Inside
Alisttair Posted - 06 Apr 2009 : 14:33:13
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

quote:

What's DDI again?

Probably shorthand for "Didn't Do It" when asked any question about recent changes.

Or "DID Do It"??
Kiaransalyn Posted - 05 Apr 2009 : 12:34:21
quote:

What's DDI again?

Probably shorthand for "Didn't Do It" when asked any question about recent changes.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 03 Apr 2009 : 20:11:11
What's DDI again?
Kiaransalyn Posted - 03 Apr 2009 : 16:55:49
No, I didn't. I can't see myself doing so either.
Alisttair Posted - 31 Mar 2009 : 11:34:17
Grrrr...you guys aren't making it easy for me not having DDI...I have tried the character generator, and like Eric, if I had it myself, I would have trouble remembering to eat.
scererar Posted - 31 Mar 2009 : 03:13:54
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'd imagine Christopher is referring to the release of Erik's Downshadow novel on the 7th April.

excellent. thanks Sage, even better then
The Sage Posted - 31 Mar 2009 : 03:03:23
I'd imagine Christopher is referring to the release of Erik's Downshadow novel on the 7th April.
scererar Posted - 31 Mar 2009 : 02:55:36
8 days and counting for what? the visualizer?
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 31 Mar 2009 : 01:05:14
While we wait for the Visualizer (and as a Mac user, I imagine for me it'll be a long wait), I've been using HeroMachine.

Eight days and counting, Erik!

Garen Thal Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 22:25:40
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
And then if/when I find the character visualizer (is it down at the moment? hasn't been released yet?), then I'm totally doomed.
The Visualizer hasn't been released yet. I too am eagerly awaiting that feature to reach the public, because (as Erik knows from Gen Con demos where he worked to get a certain novel character modeled), it's crazy-cool (crazy? go!).
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 21:47:43
I recently started playing quite a bit with the character generator and am now in serious danger of forgetting to eat.

It should also be noted that I was equally obsessed with e-tools when it came out, and this one works much, much better.

And then if/when I find the character visualizer (is it down at the moment? hasn't been released yet?), then I'm totally doomed.

Cheers

Christopher_Rowe Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 19:55:41
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair
[br
I imagine the PH2 stuff is already on DDI right?

Sure is, I'm doing some stuff with it right now. I need to send them an errata note, though--I noticed that Battle Runner, a sixth level utility Ranger Exploit from Martial Power, is listed in the Compendium as "Blade Runner," which is pretty hilarious.

I always said that, for me, the magazines make it worth the subscription price all by themselves (especially now that there'll be new monthly Realms content starting in May), and I would never have picked up this hobby in the first place if I didn't love paging through rule books, but I must admit that there are times when the Compendium is an easier route than going through eleven hardcover manuals and all the Dragon .pdfs looking for all the options and possibilities in a given situation!
Alisttair Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 16:42:15
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Nope.

Blizzard spends years on a game because they want it perfect. They hire hundreds of programmers and playtesters and artists...

Its really amazing to watch the whole thing unfold - they keep their customers informed throughout the entire production cycle, and listen to all the feedback... sort of what Paizo does.

Can you just imagine what sort of game a company would produce if they didn't bother to do all that?

You might as well lock a half-dozen guys up in a little room by themselves and have them create in a vacuum.....

This makes me think of Starcraft: Ghost....so much work wasted as it was never released...

and on topic, I imagine the PH2 stuff is already on DDI right?
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 15:05:24
This is drifting a little, isn't it?
Markustay Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 14:30:21
Nope.

Blizzard spends years on a game because they want it perfect. They hire hundreds of programmers and playtesters and artists...

Its really amazing to watch the whole thing unfold - they keep their customers informed throughout the entire production cycle, and listen to all the feedback... sort of what Paizo does.

Can you just imagine what sort of game a company would produce if they didn't bother to do all that?

You might as well lock a half-dozen guys up in a little room by themselves and have them create in a vacuum.....
Alisttair Posted - 30 Mar 2009 : 11:50:26
You mean its not already Diablo 8????
Uzzy Posted - 28 Mar 2009 : 18:13:20
Diablo III? Jeez. Overhyped!

Now, Star Wars: The Old Republic? Woohoo! That's a game right there.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Mar 2009 : 07:09:17
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

With Diablo III coming out, I have MUCH better things to spend a monthly stipend on.

WITHOUT having to buy a boatload of new rulebooks every five years or so.

I think you're over-exaggerating, my friend...

...It's every three years.
Markustay Posted - 28 Mar 2009 : 04:47:53
With Diablo III coming out, I have MUCH better things to spend a monthly stipend on.

WITHOUT having to buy a boatload of new rulebooks every five years or so.
Alisttair Posted - 26 Mar 2009 : 10:50:01
Too many things that were hyped are missing. Oy yoy yoy!
Brimstone Posted - 26 Mar 2009 : 03:26:46
Thats nice. I noticed all of the Rulers of the Nine Hells were included, along with some Primordials.

BRIMSTONE
scererar Posted - 26 Mar 2009 : 02:17:38
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

This is kind of interesting. The newest update to the Compendium has added a Deities tab. And when you click on one of the FR deities who only appeared in the table or in another brief form, what pops up is a note that says "This deity has not yet been detailed."

many in the character builder is the same
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 26 Mar 2009 : 02:09:12
This is kind of interesting. The newest update to the Compendium has added a Deities tab. And when you click on one of the FR deities who only appeared in the table or in another brief form, what pops up is a note that says "This deity has not yet been detailed."
Alisttair Posted - 11 Mar 2009 : 17:05:04
quote:
Originally posted by Bluenose

Though if you're me, 5 downloads means you have it installed on both your desktop and laptop machines.

Aha, good point there. Makes sense. A fair way to allow you to be able to have it in a number of locations without paying twice.
Bluenose Posted - 11 Mar 2009 : 16:58:42
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I hear you download the Character Creator to your PC when you subscribe and then with the subscription you get about 5 update downloads per month for this (which they come up with an update every time a new class/power/feat or some such comes out in a Dragon article or whenever a new book such as Martial Power comes out) correct?

Unless there's a particular need to patch a bug, the program only gets updated once a month with all the new content from that month. Though if you're me, 5 downloads means you have it installed on both your desktop and laptop machines.
Alisttair Posted - 11 Mar 2009 : 11:23:40
That sounds good then.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000