Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Timeline question on 2nd edition boxed sets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 17:05:33
The 2nd edition boxed set of 1993 advanced the "official" timeline to the Year of the Shield (1367). Did the revision of that same product in 1996 advance the timeline any?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 21 Sep 2008 : 01:46:35
The print version of the '96 version does have the '©1993 TSR, Inc.' copyright inside the front cover.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 21:58:26
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Yes, '©1993 TSR, Inc.', though you should get someone who has the printed version to verify.

Fillow, how about it?

Although I'm sure y'all are right in considering this a reissue, rather than a reprint, and will adjust my new All-Things-Calimshan scroll accordingly. Thanks!
Faraer Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 21:27:19
Yes, '©1993 TSR, Inc.', though you should get someone who has the printed version to verify.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 21:24:56
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Actually, I have the 1993 set and also the PDF with the new cover art, and never noticed any difference inside. The 1996 date doesn't seem to appear anywhere except the back cover. I never thought to distinguish them.

Does the frontmatter on the '96 .pdf give a '93 copyright? Down there amidst and among all the addresses and "Dungeons & Dragons is a registered trademark ofs" and so on?
Faraer Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 21:17:03
Actually, I have the 1993 set and also the PDF with the new cover art, and never noticed any difference inside. The 1996 date doesn't seem to appear anywhere except the back cover. I never thought to distinguish them.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 21:10:31
Thanks all. And so as not to make this one of the discouraged "post just to say thanks" posts, does anybody have any opinions on what its bibliographical significance should be? For our purposes here at the Keep, I mean. I know that a collector's bibliography would demand its inclusion in a list of products, but are a scribe's needs met by only noting the first one, when we're listing sources?

Cheers,

Christopher
Fillow Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 20:37:29
I even did not know there were two releasing dates !
But I own the 1993 one. So, I'm not able to tell you Christopher.
But it's more probably just a re-printing of the first one
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 20:27:35
bump

Faraer Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 20:17:09
I think that was just a new cover, not a textual revision.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000