Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Wouldn't it have been better ...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RodOdom Posted - 10 Aug 2008 : 15:14:23
if instead of turning the Realms upside down , Wizards just focused on the elements they want 4E players to adventure with? For example, the (re)designers don't want so many gods to write about. Fine, then just mention a few gods in 4E FRCS. The rest would be left "unsupported" by Wizards. Let we the players figure out how to use them in our games, if we choose to do so. Same with NPCs and locales.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MerrikCale Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 16:59:22
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

if instead of turning the Realms upside down , Wizards just focused on the elements they want 4E players to adventure with? For example, the (re)designers don't want so many gods to write about. Fine, then just mention a few gods in 4E FRCS. The rest would be left "unsupported" by Wizards. Let we the players figure out how to use them in our games, if we choose to do so. Same with NPCs and locales.

the asnwer is "of course". That way it would bring in new players and not p.o. us old timers
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 10 Aug 2008 : 17:52:07
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

There's a lot of things that most of us would have done differently, given the goals of the Shattered Realms designers. Simply shifting the focus back from the multitude of gods to a smaller number is one of those things. Ditto with shifting the focus away from Mystra and her Chosen, rather than focusing on them so much that some Realms-haters hold them up as an example of what's "wrong" with the setting.

*sigh* If they would have only stressed the difference between the *novels-Realms* and the *players-Realms*, the former being the place where the iconic characters of the Realms are acting and the latter where the players are gaming and all the D&D-fun takes place with the VIP NPCs being far away on some most important mission most of the time ...

Would have probably made happy both fans and "haters" alike.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Aug 2008 : 16:25:55
There's a lot of things that most of us would have done differently, given the goals of the Shattered Realms designers. Simply shifting the focus back from the multitude of gods to a smaller number is one of those things. Ditto with shifting the focus away from Mystra and her Chosen, rather than focusing on them so much that some Realms-haters hold them up as an example of what's "wrong" with the setting.

I expect that 5E will see Shar eradicated in some silly manner, because of the way they've tied all evil in the Shattered Realms to her. And it will of course be portrayed as a setting flaw, rather than something the designers and marketing people triggered.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000