Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Dragon #366

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 01 Aug 2008 : 23:13:40
The ToC for the new Dragon is up. Looks like there are four Realms articles.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drtoc/366
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 07 Aug 2008 : 15:16:44
I guess I'd better prepare things then.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 07 Aug 2008 : 14:25:34
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I suppose I should just probably go ahead and petition Alaundo to change all the "Australia" location devices in our profiles to Osstralia. Would you prefer that?

No! I prefer "Australia", and I can't wait to visit there (eventually).
The Sage Posted - 07 Aug 2008 : 06:12:26
Yes, thank you Dagnirion. You've now shown that I can find no peace from the curse that is Osse. Not even here at my beloved Candlekeep!

I suppose I should just probably go ahead and petition Alaundo to change all the "Australia" location devices in our profiles to Osstralia. Would you prefer that?
Lord Karsus Posted - 07 Aug 2008 : 05:30:10
quote:
Originally posted by The SageAnd the "place outside Faerūn" was Osse.

-Just wanted to come out of lurking here long enough to highlight Sage saying this. He knows how it is. Only for you, Sage, only for you.
The Sage Posted - 06 Aug 2008 : 08:40:01
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobx

quote:
Didnt one of Bruce COrdells novels feature an "Aboriginalesque" character who was from a place outside Faerun that started with G?

The characters name started with a 'G' - Gungarri.

I'm not sure that his place of origin was ever named. I recall he was referred to as a tattooed warrior from far away...but no more detail than that.

The novel was Lady of Poison -- part of "The Priests" series. And the "place outside Faerūn" was Osse.
Jimbobx Posted - 06 Aug 2008 : 08:29:06
quote:
Didnt one of Bruce COrdells novels feature an "Aboriginalesque" character who was from a place outside Faerun that started with G?

The characters name started with a 'G' - Gungarri.

I'm not sure that his place of origin was ever named. I recall he was referred to as a tattooed warrior from far away...but no more detail than that.
Dargoth Posted - 06 Aug 2008 : 07:15:33
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
Originally posted by Quale

where is Gontal?
My guess is that it's one of the lands introduced by the Spellplague. Whether it's on Faerūn proper, or Returned Abeir, or somewhere else, I have no idea.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2008 : 14:17:55
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Right now I'm trying to see the glass half-full.

Okay... maybe 1/10 full.

1/100th full?

WORK with me, people....

It once contained liquid that may or may not have been water.
Markustay Posted - 05 Aug 2008 : 05:40:04
Right now I'm trying to see the glass half-full.

Okay... maybe 1/10 full.

1/100th full?

WORK with me, people....

Hawkins Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 19:27:05
"Critical" would be the operative word that I am pretty sure that most of the community here will not agree with.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 17:52:09
quote:
Originally posted by Ayunken-vanzan
Design & Development:The 100-Year Leap
By Phil Athans and Bruce R. Cordell
Phil and Bruce discuss the philosophy behind the Forgotten Realms timeline shift, as well as other critical decisions regarding the new Realms.

Now that's the one I'm looking forward to.

Will I enjoy any of these articles, even a bit?

Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell.
Markustay Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 21:15:46
At first I thought that Gontal was indeed a previously unexplored (undetailed?) region, but now I'm leaning towards another piece of Abeir that got s__t out onto the Realms.

Could be Maztica's replacement, even.

quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Well I never liked the Enclave and trading focus on the Red Wizards, so that is one thing I would not miss.

Sad to say - they went even more in that direction in 4e, it appears.

Thay is no longer run by the Red Wizards - Szass Tam has either killed, enslaved, or exiled all the rest, and Thay is now Toril's Plateau of Leng.

The Red Wizards that do still exist ONLY run enclaves - they have lost their Home-base, and the enclaves are ALL thats left of the Red Wizards (as we knew them).

So they took a bad idea and ran with it.
Kyrene Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 19:36:43
quote:

Phil and Bruce discuss the philosophy behind the Forgotten Realms timeline shift, as well as other critical decisions regarding the new Realms.

*waits patiently for Kiaransalyn's parody of this one*
Quale Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 18:53:40
at first it seemed like some pre-Spellplague obscure land that never got described

Zanan Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 14:41:56
Gontal ... previously unexplored? Previously non-existing would be more to the point. I mean, you'd really hard pressed to find a place on this planet unexplored after 30,000 odd years of civilization (which utilizes magic for long spells).
Garen Thal Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 13:55:40
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

where is Gontal?
My guess is that it's one of the lands introduced by the Spellplague. Whether it's on Faerūn proper, or Returned Abeir, or somewhere else, I have no idea.
Quale Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 13:33:58
where is Gontal?
Jorkens Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 11:02:18
Well I never liked the Enclave and trading focus on the Red Wizards, so that is one thing I would not miss.
Uzzy Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 05:19:36
quote:

No problems accessing the site here. From the TOC:

Rose Keep: A Red Wizard Enclave
By Bruce R. Cordell
The Red Wizards were once a highly coordinated group, but those days are gone. Look inside one of the new Red Wizard enclaves here.

Gontal
By Bruce R. Cordell and Ed Greenwood
The Realms of 4th Edition have new life this month. The region of Gontal, previously unexplored, is detailed here.

RPGA Report
By Chris Tulach
This month, Chris tells us more about the Living Forgotten Realms campaign

Red Wizards were cooler as evil magic merchants, Gontal sounds like an STD, they shifted the Realms because they were too incompetent to make subtle changes and the LFR can die.

There we go. Saved everyone the wait for the next set of articles.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 04:55:47
Aha. That would explain it. Thanks, Garen.
Garen Thal Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 01:24:07
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Weird. I can see the list of the articles, but I can't click on them and read them.
This list is the Table of Contents for the upcoming Dragon 366. As articles go "live," they will activate the links on the table of contents page, until the entire issue is complete.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 01:20:46
Weird. I can see the list of the articles, but I can't click on them and read them.
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 02 Aug 2008 : 00:02:20
No problems accessing the site here. From the TOC:

Rose Keep: A Red Wizard Enclave
By Bruce R. Cordell
The Red Wizards were once a highly coordinated group, but those days are gone. Look inside one of the new Red Wizard enclaves here.

Gontal
By Bruce R. Cordell and Ed Greenwood
The Realms of 4th Edition have new life this month. The region of Gontal, previously unexplored, is detailed here.

RPGA Report
By Chris Tulach
This month, Chris tells us more about the Living Forgotten Realms campaign
Hawkins Posted - 01 Aug 2008 : 23:49:45
Getting a dead link right now, the WotC site must be down or just hate me, I am really not sure which any more.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000