Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Excerpts: Elfharrow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 24 Jul 2008 : 06:20:42
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ex/20080724a

-A new Excerpt from the up-coming FRCG.

BRIMSTONE
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 20:22:35
Shh, not so loud! Else you can read this in the first WotC Web Enhancement to the 4e FRCS or FR Player Guide ...
Kyrene Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 13:33:25
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

It's possible there will be a new NPC known as Glee Max. He was once a humble town guardsman but then some bad orcs tortured his buddy. Now he roams those bad old grey lands with his metal horse kicking monster butt and stealing dinner money.

That is just unsubstantiated rumour. Last I heard, those bad orcs got 'im too. And not a moment too soon, since it was later found that he was an agent of the Abolethic Sovereignty, using the stolen lunch money to fund their return.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 09:11:38
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

I can't fathom how someone would prefer that gray wasteland to the detailed, rich fullness of Halruaa.

[cocking shotgun waiting for smartass answers]

It's possible there will be a new NPC known as Glee Max. He was once a humble town guardsman but then some bad orcs tortured his buddy. Now he roams those bad old grey lands with his metal horse kicking monster butt and stealing dinner money.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 09:08:22
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Isn't that what Realms humans do to the 'poor' elves anyway? "Yeah, ya can stay in them thar forest, pointy-ears. Stay thar and don't let us see ya outside them thar forest neither." *

* forest = wasteland = spellscarred = gray area

That attitude might possibly be due to one half-elf baby too many.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 08:49:58
I can't fathom how someone would prefer that gray wasteland to the detailed, rich fullness of Halruaa.

[cocking shotgun waiting for smartass answers]
Kyrene Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 07:18:08
quote:

So I guess at some point a bunch of white guys will arrive and stick them into reservations?

Isn't that what Realms humans do to the 'poor' elves anyway? "Yeah, ya can stay in them thar forest, pointy-ears. Stay thar and don't let us see ya outside them thar forest neither." *

* forest = wasteland = spellscarred = gray area
Asgetrion Posted - 30 Jul 2008 : 01:14:02
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

C'mon! No way! It's got ... lots of grey in it.

-- George Krashos

And grey is used in 4E FR maps to represent... wasteland? "Spellplagued" areas? Boring areas?
George Krashos Posted - 29 Jul 2008 : 23:52:01
C'mon! No way! It's got ... lots of grey in it.

-- George Krashos
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 29 Jul 2008 : 23:49:46
The map doesn't tell you much, that's for sure.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 29 Jul 2008 : 12:09:50
quote:

quote:

Incidentally, do male elves shave their chests?

Only if they are to look like native american hunters. *yawn*

So I guess at some point a bunch of white guys will arrive and stick them into reservations?

The Native American look really does remind me of the Kagonesti. I guess that's the point.
Na-Gang Posted - 29 Jul 2008 : 12:00:01
Yeesh. I looked at the map and thought "I actually feel embarrassed for WOTC that they think this map is satisfactory."
Kyrene Posted - 29 Jul 2008 : 07:31:30
quote:

Only if they are to look like native american hunters. *yawn*
Brimstone Posted - 28 Jul 2008 : 21:05:20
-Thats all part of my 'Charm'.

BRIMSTONE
Kiaransalyn Posted - 28 Jul 2008 : 21:01:37
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-

You've provided more detail with your emoticons than there is in that map.

They could at least have written Terra Incognita or the equivalent on the blank bits.

*sighs* Ah, gone are the days when people actually cared about doing a good job.
Brimstone Posted - 28 Jul 2008 : 20:56:02
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Map is up...

Not very inspiring. :(

I had changed my mind about playing 4e and buying the FRCG when I saw Brian's article, but if this is an example of the finished product (Maps) in the FRCG, I can pretty-much gaurantee I won't be making this purchase.

Since I was mostly buying it for the new Maps (Ed's lore I can read in the store without buying the book).

The quality is lower then the circa-1970's maps by Judge's Guild.

-

-Wow that is one 'Pathetic Map'.

BRIMSTONE
Kiaransalyn Posted - 28 Jul 2008 : 19:18:45
Hmm, it's OK but I can't help thinking I've seen it before. Am I thinking Goodlund/The Desolation or Dark Sun. Basically, they've turned Forgotten Realms into Dragonlance, so it seems to me.

And I'm in awe of the map. I've not seen that much detail in a drawing since Nigel Tufnell sketched a prehistoric monument. Although Elfharrow has less danger of being stepped on by dwarves.

Markustay Posted - 28 Jul 2008 : 19:07:56
Map is up...

Not very inspiring. :(

I had changed my mind about playing 4e and buying the FRCG when I saw Brian's article, but if this is an example of the finished product (Maps) in the FRCG, I can pretty-much gaurantee I won't be making this purchase.

Since I was mostly buying it for the new Maps (Ed's lore I can read in the store without buying the book).

The quality is lower then the circa-1970's maps by Judge's Guild.
Markustay Posted - 26 Jul 2008 : 19:00:41
They said they would fix it Monday, which is more like Wed-Thurs in WotC speak.
Kyrene Posted - 26 Jul 2008 : 16:17:15
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

What's been happening when you've tried to download it Kyrene?

Heh. Basically what Wooly and the others have said.

I tried extracting the map out of the PDF file, but I'm not sure if the map they (WotC) tried posting isn't perhaps bigger. I'm starting to want to overlay the map snippets with the current 3rd Edition map to see what has changed. I prefer scaling down from as large a map as possible to preserve resolution (through my own homebrew method of incremental scaling and sharpening). It's not that important, merely a whimsy on my part.
Markustay Posted - 26 Jul 2008 : 07:12:42
Hopefully they will be more along the lines of the Cormyr Map that accompanied Brian's article (which I am still drooling over).

Shar sounds like they turned it into WoW's Thousand Needles, and the Misty Vale sounds like a double of WoW's Scorched Vale - right down to the burnt-out trees and stumps.

Not that I mind this in that region - it really was a pretty boring place before. I have a map of the original done (I don't know why I never posted it before), but I'm having trouble accessing my DeviantART account (I had some virus trouble that smacked around my IE), but as soon as I get it working I'll post it so we can all reminisce about 'the glory that was' (or lack there-of).
Brimstone Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 17:13:39
quote:
Originally posted by The SageI didn't even get that far. When I opened the file I was immediately met with a blank screen and a "corrupted file" message. I couldn't do anything but close it.

-Ok I was under theimpression that you were able to view it. I hope it is not of the same quality of the Chult, or the Amn Map. That would make me very sad.

-Going by the Excerpts, I think the Realms maps are going to be of a poor quality.

BRIMSTONE
The Sage Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 17:02:43
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-Sage what did you think of the map when you could see it? I noticed in the Chult Excerpt that it was out of Chapter 6 in the 4E FRCG on page 103. Is the Elfharrow map of the same quaility as the Chult map, or is it like the outstanding map that was with the Cormyr article?
I didn't even get that far. When I opened the file I was immediately met with a blank screen and a "corrupted file" message. I couldn't do anything but close it.
Brimstone Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 16:44:57
-You gotta love Gleemax huh? The map has never worked for me. Someone on the WotC Boards(poster) said that it would get fixed on monday, so...I expect it to be done next Wednesday.

-Sage what did you think of the map when you could see it? I noticed in the Chult Excerpt that it was out of Chapter 6 in the 4E FRCG on page 103. Is the Elfharrow map of the same quaility as the Chult map, or is it like the outstanding map that was with the Cormyr article?

BRIMSTONE
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 14:24:43
The map link hasn't worked for me, either.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 14:22:23
quote:

Heh. Now this is interesting. I've just tried to open the map I downloaded earlier today... and I get a message telling me the file is corrupted.

Strange.

Your gremlins are spreading!

... And one of them bit me while making this post.
The Sage Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 13:42:20
Heh. Now this is interesting. I've just tried to open the map I downloaded earlier today... and I get a message telling me the file is corrupted.

Strange.
The Sage Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 13:40:02
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Just a question: can anyone actually download the accompanying map?

I didn't have any problem.

I can't get the map, either. It gives me a page not found every time I click on it.

Curious. I'm getting the same response now.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 13:15:08
quote:

quote:

I can't get the map, either. It gives me a page not found every time I click on it.
Quale Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 09:37:07
the only time I played in Lapaliiya was in Sammaresh, in a campaign where all the PCs were yuant-ti (all sorts)

the campaign ended with the Whispering Serpent

I statted him here http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=10103042&postcount=360
The Sage Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 08:03:19
quote:

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000