Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be a god what would you be ???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyric Posted - 20 Oct 2003 : 16:20:22
I would be the god of war,madnes,lojalty and duty and a faitful servant of Cyric.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sian Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 21:09:55
God of Longivity, Time, Guardian of Ages and Good and Neutral undeads,
Icelander Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 18:48:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Wonder what gods take for headaches?

Souls.

The Red Walker Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 18:23:56
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Don't know if I said this before, but I don't think godhood is all it's cracked up to be.

If you were a goddess you would know that it isn't....along with every other shred of knowledge!

Wonder what gods take for headaches?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 16:49:05
Don't know if I said this before, but I don't think godhood is all it's cracked up to be.
Hawkins Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 06:35:09
I find the prospect of the responsibility of a deity too daunting to actually consider becoming one. (As Cyric found out, it is not all murder and games. )
Icelander Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 03:00:00
I'd want to be the God of Trade, Wealth and Freedom. 'Lord of Free Trade', 'Master of the Wealth of Nations', 'He Who Judges Not' and 'True Friend to All'.

Aye, I acknowledge that Waukeen might get a bit miffed, but I'd work out the mother of all deals whereby I'd allow her to retain Coin and Merchants as my subordinate, and out of my magnamonious heart, I'd help her to add Contracts, Notaries and Fiscal Managment. I'd quickly become a Greater God, of course, and she could be my Intermediate Goddess platonic consort (because our contract didn't specify consummation, only cohabitation). We'd both gain power, even if she'd see a reduction in responsibilities, the eventual increase in mercantile activity would more than make up for it.

What I'd get, based on my personality*, however, would be the God of Debauchery, Drink, Sloth and Procrastination. Ah, well, the ale needs drinking and the Realms does seem to be lacking a real man to oversee the process!

*At least half of the people who know me seldom use my real name because they know me better by bynames like 'Magister Bibendum', 'The Tank', 'Grandfather of Debauchery' or 'Bird of Unmindfulness'**
**From the following lines in Hávamál:
[..]
A bird of Unmindfulness flutters o'er ale feasts,
wiling away men's wits:
with the feathers of that fowl I was fettered once
in the garths of Gunnlos below.

Drunk was I then, I was over drunk
in that crafty Jötun's court.
But best is an ale feast when man is able
to call back his wits at once.
[..]
Markustay Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 02:25:18
Why is it whenever I typo bad, at least three people quote me?

And I would be Markushroon... I rather like that.
GRYPHON Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 01:16:24
The god of Murder...
Aravine Posted - 02 Jul 2008 : 15:36:00
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these five-year old threads and put them to rest.

Did he just try to [b]bold
and italicize[/i]? on the same three words? the horror!
Khaelieth Posted - 02 Jul 2008 : 08:49:31
AL: CN
Portfolio: Hangovers, Regret, Alcohol Induced Maladies

Why does everyone pick Madness? Silly chimps.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 02 Jul 2008 : 02:14:32
quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

And pizza. I forgot pizza. Pizza deserves its own patron deity.

get thee off my portfolio!

Your portfolio? Ha! I dreamed of pizza before you thought of it. Step back or my goose-stepping cadres of white-haired, glowing-eyed orphans shall despoil your temples of all of their donor records!

On the other hand, I may be willing to concede thin crust to you in exchange for valuable considerations received. What do your hawt chicks think of tomb robbers archaeologists? No. Don't answer. That might get the scroll sealed, too.

Seriously though, and I mean seriously, as in I'm back on-topic, I'm very surprised that there isn't a deity in the Realms who is devoted to discovering secrets to counterbalance Shar and Mask. (And let's not mention that jumped-up lich, shall we?) That, therefore, is the portfolio I would most want to develop. Philosophy would be cool, too, except that the holders of it seem to come to bad ends vis-a-vis Toril: Annam in self-imposed exile, and Whatshername "accidentally" killed. *sigh* There's no hope for the Academy on this planet, it would seem!

The Sage Posted - 02 Jul 2008 : 01:38:07
quote:

I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these [b]five-year old threads[/i] and put them to rest.

So, would that make you "Markushroon" or "Velastay?"
AlorinDawn Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 23:57:14
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

get thee off my portfolio!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 23:56:25
quote:

I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these [b]five-year old threads[/i] and put them to rest.

I guess me, Sage, Arkie, and Big Al already have that portfolio, then, since we can all lay threads to rest.
Markustay Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 22:50:25
I be the god of threadomancy, so I can control these five-year old threads and put them to rest.
Dracons Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 18:53:30
Wow. So many are taken :(

Well... I just um. /borrow/ some.

God of forgiveness.

And stealing from Lunar if I can't have that one.
God of creation.
After all... There can be no new creation without destroying the old. MWA HA HA HA *cough hack* AHhh. My leg!
Aravine Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 13:09:56
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd be a NG Trickster. Mischief (not the malicious kind) and humor would be my main portfolios.

why is that not surprising? Although, humor? One could hardly call it humor!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 12:50:53
I'd be a NG Trickster. Mischief (not the malicious kind) and humor would be my main portfolios.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 07:46:35

BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 07:29:02
A god with a portfolio between Lathander , Tymora , Tempus and Sune...It would be Chaotic good , With portfolio : vitality, self-perfection and athletics, creativity, luck, love, passion, Strength, warriors.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 07:14:22
What would I be? Neutral Good, of course.

Wazzat? You want my portfolio? Oh. Balance, dreams, orphans, research and scholarship, the discovery of secrets, and good and neutral necromancers and undead. Domains: Balance, Dreams (domain spells from Atlas Games), Secrets (domain spells from White Wolf's Scarn setting), Undeath, ... and Protection, to shield my devout worshipers from Shar and Mask and everyone else who wants secrets kept hidden, and to make sure the little orphan children aren't abused or exploited.

I will leave invention and bardery to Oghma, librarianship to Deneir, and applied technology to Gond, but I will have my devout worshipers try to discover lost or hidden inventions and writings (which may then be shared with the Oghmanytes, Deneirath, and Gondians). Balance is necessary because some legal corners will have to be cut occasionally to fulfill all of the other portfolio aspects, but one mustn't go overboard (yes, my children, you may break into the tombs, but all you are to take from them is knowledge ... and maybe whatever unique magical or technological items you happen to find ... you did remember your necromantic spells today, I hope, just in case the occupants object ...). As for dreams, well, what better archive of secrets is there than the dreaming mind? (It would also allow me to soothe the troubled minds of the little orphans, whose adoration is better given to me than to Chauntea, who, let's face it, wouldn't have been allowed to do that snatch and dash from Zhentil Keep if the Tablets of Fate were still around. Besides, little Pyotr would never forgive me if I didn't protect them. And they are sooo grateful....) As for undeath ... well, when will you have the time to uncover all of the many secrets of the multiverse if you die at threescore and ten?

Apropos of nationalism, I ask that the scribes just stop writing about it now, and not slip real world debates in under the pretext of discussing someone else's portfolio choice. If I, yea even I find the subject dicey, it is a sure bet that the mods will, too, and I would prefer that they not seal this scroll. So, please just drop it completely. ... Because I know who you are. I know where you live. And I know what you dreamt last night, you naughty little <expletive>s!

Lord Karsus Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 03:56:22
-I'd be Karsus...Yes...Lord Karsus...
AlorinDawn Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 00:39:38
The Gawd of hawt chicks, pizza, diet coke, and hangin out.
Aravine Posted - 30 Jun 2008 : 23:46:47
God of understanding(different from knowledge btw), courage and valor without glory. AL:NG Weapon: longsword
Runis Silverhammer Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 01:14:07
God of solace and soul-searching/contemplation.
Nocturno Posted - 26 Nov 2003 : 21:11:16
Gods, who wants to be a god while man can be an in immortal and gods are mortal. I meant that man can live as long as he wants if he has enough power while gods are weak to face with the strongest man alive. Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal made it I believe if one wants to be one of the under ruler he or she can be one and make all tremble under his or her vicious rule.
However I want to be the immortal who is behind the so called gods manipulations and politics in where my word is worshiped as a law of gods
Xylerius Thallin Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 20:50:21
I don't know what you mean. If I could be a god.
I am a god. Any way slightly more seriously I would be god of Dark magic and undead.
Alexis Merlin Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 20:34:14
I think I'd like to be the God of Retribution and Vindication - this would slightly overlap into Justice and Law...but I would be including more "personal" or "street" justice as my theme. For example the sort of person to ask for my assistance would be a father whose daughter was raped, and he sets out to kill the man who did it knowing that he (the rapist) would never get prosecuted for whatever reason, or perhaps the sentence he received was/would be too light in his opinion.
Cyric Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 18:43:53
sure why not
Draith_Assassin_Pro Posted - 08 Nov 2003 : 02:53:04
quote:
Originally posted by Lolth slayer

Too late for that Draith Assassin, Bow down and lick my boots male worm!

Oh-ahhh Visions of Grandeur!!!!!!! Mu-must re-s-ist!!

Basically.. Thats just not good and reliable. Slaying Lolth is my idea. And fer say they're can only be one main god of the Drow and that would be me.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000