Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Stardeep: Chapters 19 - 24

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 05 Oct 2007 : 17:51:35
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Stardeep (Book 3 of the Dungeons series), by Bruce R. Cordell. Please discuss chapters 19 - 24 herein.

Please also see Bruce's dedicated Stardeep website for more details.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kyrene Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 10:36:22
The underdungeon was nicely oppressive, but I feel the ancient one could have been more menacing. The giant spider must have been truly threatening if it could consume a demon that quickly. Lucky Gage!

There is more than just two Keepers. The Edgewarden also seems to be connected to Stardeep in some way, keeping the aboleth created entropy from consuming Sildëyuir. Interesting was the nilshai purposely destroying the physical parts to seed a barren realm, ready for the aboleths to return to.

Spoiler:
The armory and the "Nis" essence was indeed hidden by Cynosure. That is revealed almost towards then of the book.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Nov 2007 : 18:37:54
And Delphe finally learns of Telarian's scheme. Big surprise there! But like I said, I'm still enjoying the ride.

I've enjoyed the scenes regarding Sildeyuir--the star elf realm sounds beautiful and would probably be a fun place to visit.

I was thinking about the inner workings of Stardeep, though, and I have to admit I'm still confused about some things. For example, where do they get enough food to feed everyone in the facility? I know the easy answer is "they generate it with magic", but the book doesn't say that, and that's hardly a satisifying answer anyway. I'm also confused about the number of Keepers Stardeep can have at any one time--the book leaves me to believe the number is two, but I could have sworn reading a passage that alluded to more Keepers than just two. Do the horses of the knights not mind being inside all the time? And finally, there seems to be an inordinate amount of secrecy within the Order--Nangulis turned into a sword only ten years ago, but supposedly the armory that the rest of his essence went into was secret and Telarian shouldn't have known about it (or did I miss something?)...even though he's a Keeper. If the armory is "fabled", then how did the essence get there? Cynosure? That's yet another thing about Stardeep that I find confusing.

But in spite of Stardeep's convoluted ways, I am having fun reading this book, and look forward to seeing how it concludes.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000