Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Zhentarim symbol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 18 Sep 2002 : 12:48:09
Everyone knows the symbol of the Zhentarim - the black 'Z' on a yellow circle upon a black inverted triangle. Its been around for years, it stikes fear into anyone who glances upon it on a standard or armor..... so why is there a new symbol shown in "Lords of Darkness"?? Has this really been adopted as the new Zhentarim symbol? I dont have it to hand right now but im sure the original symbol is still shown in the FRCS book!

The new symbol just looks messy and is nowhere near as distinguishable.

Rad
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 28 Jul 2011 : 08:22:40
It's the newest one.
Cronje Posted - 28 Jul 2011 : 08:05:17
Sorry to resurrect such a very old thread, but since I wasn't really all that knowledgeable about the Zhentarim, I decided to read up about them in the fourth edition Campaign Guide. I noticed that the symbol there (page 282) (a yellow-gray skull with brownish beams bursting from it) is different from both descriptions listed above and on the Zhentarim article on the FR wiki. I also couldn't help but notice its similarities to Cyric's symbol. Is this the new Zhentarim symbol, or something else?
Dargoth Posted - 06 Apr 2004 : 13:05:39
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

No I haven't, but I remember that you'd mentioned it previously.

Where is it located...?

Here you go

http://www.candlekeep.com./forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2165
The Sage Posted - 06 Apr 2004 : 12:28:49
No I haven't, but I remember that you'd mentioned it previously.

Where is it located...?
Dargoth Posted - 06 Apr 2004 : 08:29:11
The new symbols in Lords of Darkness

Sage: Have you read my Banites on the march Campaign?
Lady Kazandra Posted - 06 Apr 2004 : 05:16:18
Where can I find an illustration that displays the current Zhentarim symbol?. It doesn't show this new emblem that everybody in this thread is talking about, in the FRCS.
The Sage Posted - 14 Mar 2004 : 08:53:49
quote:
Originally posted by the psychotic seaotter

In my game I have Split the symbols up just like that. Except the Cyricist Zhents have added the Black Sun symbol to theirs and Zhents loyal to Manshoon have kept the Z symbol....Of course I am setting the stage for a Zhent Civil war....

Actually, something I forgot to ask before...

How exactly did you add the Black Sun symbol to your Cyricist Zhents symbol...? Did you simply place the 'Black Sun' detail behind the black dragon (which, IIRC symbolizes dominion)?. Also, the scepter signifies the veneration of Bane, perhaps you removed the scepter, and in it's place put the black (or purple) sunburst and white jawless skull symbol of Cyric...?
Lord Rad Posted - 14 Mar 2004 : 08:36:57
Now theres a new way of looking at it! A great idea...as the Sage says...keep us posted! Im creating a Zhentarim-heavy campaign at the moment and would be interested to hear of your ideas and developments.
The Sage Posted - 14 Mar 2004 : 03:13:57
Hmmm...that sounds like a very interesting alternative to the standard flag/symbol type.

Be sure to keep us apprised of your Zhentarim civil war scenario...it sounds very interesting...
the psychotic seaotter Posted - 13 Mar 2004 : 19:42:31
In my game I have Split the symbols up just like that. Except the Cyricist Zhents have added the Black Sun symbol to theirs and Zhents loyal to Manshoon have kept the Z symbol....Of course I am setting the stage for a Zhent Civil war....
Bladesinger Posted - 17 Oct 2003 : 21:24:48
I think members from Zhentil Keep and Citadel of the Raven are using the new symbol. The scepter on the symbol signifies Zhents devotion to Bane, so I don't think Cyricist Zhents of Darkhold would use it.
Arion Elenim Posted - 16 Oct 2003 : 06:33:03
I don't know...I think the old symbol was what they needed...it was ambivalent.

I don't think the Zhents need to be waving a "We're Bad Guys" flag about....and that's what the new symbol kind of does...
Cyric Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 20:50:56
I think the new symbol isent that bad its okey the Z wasent that spookey
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 09 Oct 2002 : 15:31:56
It is indeed a new symbol for the Zhentarim, and it replaces the old 'Z' from 2e and before. Use of this symbol can be seen in the cover art of Lords of Darkness. It depicts Zyculla Darkhope leading an assault on a Moonsea city. (Does anyone have ideas which city this could be?)

It is not uncommon for organizations to change their logo over time. Maybe the Zhents felt their old symbol was either too well known or did not confirm to their standards anymore. Besides the Zhentarim now frimly under control of Fzoul (read Bane) is a different organization compared to what it was before.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000