Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Drow of the Underdark

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fhaorn quessir Posted - 07 Feb 2008 : 02:46:36
I just bought the sourcebook, "Drow of the Underdark" and was wondering if anyone knows how to (or already has) convert the stats for the spells, items, and monsters from 2E to 3.5

I would be forever in debt to all who oblige to help me. (in fact, *looks around cautiosly*, I would entitle you to one free arranged death).

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Darkheyr Posted - 29 Feb 2008 : 07:50:00
Its 98% FR portable, as far as lolthites go, I'd say.
Fhaorn quessir Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 23:40:43
Just wondering, is the information in the 3.5ed DotU mostly within the FR canon? Or is 3.5ed Underdark a better choice?

Regards,
Fhaorn
Alisttair Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 15:47:46
Yeah I went through that book and most of it is pretty good lore that goes well hand in hand with the Menzoberranzan boxed set as well as the 3.5 Drow of the Underdark (which is a very fine resource). Anything not already converted to 3.5 from it may or may not be too difficult to convert, depending.
Darkheyr Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 13:25:53
I rather like Drow of the Underdark 3.5, actually. While being a 3rd Ed Book it does have more crunch than its AD&D predecesor, it also sports quite a bit of fluff - most importantly, roleplaying advice to players, actuale xamples of situations on how a typical Drow would act. Thats a rare thing to see in a sourcebook nowadays.
And even the crunch bits do have quite some Drow flair to them - they are not just new +xyz feats.

Definitly one of the better books out there, in my eyes.
Fillow Posted - 10 Feb 2008 : 21:08:22
Thanks to you Great Master of Mischief !
That's all that I wanted to know.
You were as accurate as possible, as you're used to be !
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Feb 2008 : 19:43:52
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

About these DotU books , you write about the TSR9326/FOR10 (1991) & the N°957267200 (2007) ?
I've a question.
The first one used the FR logo and the second one only uses the D&D logo.
Are they compatible ? Is the recent one usable in FR as it is ?

And what about the "Drizzt guide to the Underdark" (TSR 11509, 1999)?

The FR Drow of the Underdark was in 2E, and it was all about the lore. There were some bits of crunch present, like drow-specific spells and magical items. But mostly it was about drow in the Realms. This book also introduced some of the other drow deities that they are now busily killing off.

The more recent 3.x Drow of the Underdark was a generic supplement. As a 3.x supplement, it undoubtedly contains much crunch in the form of feats and such (I've not really perused the book in depth). I'm sure it has some good stuff for drow that can be ported into the Realms, but it's a generic product, so not everything will work.

Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark is exactly that: a guide to the FR Underdark, much like the 3.x book Underdark... DDGttU is almost entirely lore.
Fillow Posted - 10 Feb 2008 : 18:42:40
About these DotU books , you write about the TSR9326/FOR10 (1991) & the N°957267200 (2007) ?
I've a question.
The first one used the FR logo and the second one only uses the D&D logo.
Are they compatible ? Is the recent one usable in FR as it is ?

And what about the "Drizzt guide to the Underdark" (TSR 11509, 1999)?
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 10 Feb 2008 : 02:39:23
For feats, powers and spells, if I were you, I'd buy "Drow of the Underdark 3.5" instead of trying to convert "Drow of the Underdark 2E" to 3.5.

For fluff content though, the 2E version is more useful than the 3.5 version by leaps and bounds though...
Fhaorn quessir Posted - 10 Feb 2008 : 00:15:12
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Lots of what is in the book has actually made it into 3E / 3,5E. Just ask what you are looking for and I may lend a hand for the 3E source. (BTW, in buying TDotUD you've probably done the best thing you can when looking for drow FR lore.)

Here's a list of spells converted to 3E already (most of which can now be found in the MIC, I'd assume). (Scroll down)

http://www.dnd-gate.de/gate3/page/index.php?id=366

Thank you dearly for your help, everyone. I am very interested in the drow and had studied them for years before even playing D&D. The endless inrigues of the drow was what made me become, well, intrigued. I was rejoicing when I found this on one of my local gaming store's shelves and dusted it off.

Regards,
fhaorn'quessir
Zanan Posted - 09 Feb 2008 : 12:40:49
Lots of what is in the book has actually made it into 3E / 3,5E. Just ask what you are looking for and I may lend a hand for the 3E source. (BTW, in buying TDotUD you've probably done the best thing you can when looking for drow FR lore.)

Here's a list of spells converted to 3E already (most of which can now be found in the MIC, I'd assume). (Scroll down)

http://www.dnd-gate.de/gate3/page/index.php?id=366
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Feb 2008 : 04:53:49
Well... I don't know how useful it would be, but you could likely start by using the 2nd Edition to 3rd Edition Conversion Manual. It's at the bottom of the page. Keep in mind, though, that it's only a rough guideline, and is for 2E to 3.0.
Hoondatha Posted - 07 Feb 2008 : 04:28:03
Can't help you; I play 2e.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000