Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Empires of the Shining Seas product

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
maransreth Posted - 05 Jan 2008 : 03:06:02
While looking at the NobleKnight website yesterday I came across a FR RPG product I have never seen before "Empires of the Shining Seas", withmore info found at http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/products/9561.htm . So my questions:

How is this product different to the Lands of Intrigue box set?
Does it only contain Calimshan info (it mentions the Lake of Steam)?
Does any of the Aussies on the board every remember seeing this product? Because I dont every remember seeing it come out, and it is definitely something I have not seen on Australian Ebay or any 2ndhand stores I have looked at.

Lastly, is there a pdf of this available so I can at least know the information if I can't have a hard copy on my shelf.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dragonfriend Posted - 08 Nov 2017 : 22:08:10
One of my favorite realms boxed sets. Lots of infos. I used Arnaden region to run my Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil mega adventure.
Asharak Posted - 19 Aug 2017 : 17:15:08
Thank you very much for this clarification and your fast reply.
George Krashos Posted - 19 Aug 2017 : 17:07:22
quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

Cast "resurect scroll"

About the Seventh Age, the text pg 33 ends abruptly by "The reconstruction of the present-day Golden Road"

Next page begins with the title "The Eighth Age"

Did someone know what's happened ? or where the missing text could be found ?

My copy doesn't end abruptly. The sentence finishes: "...dates from this era".

-- George Krashos
Asharak Posted - 19 Aug 2017 : 14:44:08
Cast "resurect scroll"

About the Seventh Age, the text pg 33 ends abruptly by "The reconstruction of the present-day Golden Road"

Next page begins with the title "The Eighth Age"

Did someone know what's happened ? or where the missing text could be found ?
Shilo99 Posted - 22 Jan 2008 : 12:15:41
Yeah, I'd suggest its still pretty relevent (edition-proof) for the lore...lots of lore. Can be heavy going & has a big focus on leaders not the people, but worth it. Provides most of the detail we know of the Lake of Steam & surrounds, which is still relevent (and I'd suggest still will be in 4E future).

You won't many references to planetouched etc in Calimshan & surrounds, which are primarily 3E artifacts & which I think add plenty of value to this millieu.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 05 Jan 2008 : 19:34:57
Yes it's a must for these regions ...it's a well written book indeed...
Na-Gang Posted - 05 Jan 2008 : 14:35:31
It's a very good, very comprehensive product. I would heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to be drowning in lore (and I mean that in a good way).
The Sage Posted - 05 Jan 2008 : 05:00:18
quote:
Originally posted by maransreth

How is this product different to the Lands of Intrigue box set?
The region of Calimshan receives extensive detailing, thanks largely to the efforts of both Steven Schend and Dale Donovan.
quote:
Does it only contain Calimshan info (it mentions the Lake of Steam)?
The Lake of Steam does receive some attention, as do the border areas of Calimshan, and the Arnaden Region [the Land of the Lions that Kuje mentioned above].
quote:
Does any of the Aussies on the board every remember seeing this product? Because I dont every remember seeing it come out, and it is definitely something I have not seen on Australian Ebay or any 2ndhand stores I have looked at.
It was sold in Australia... in fact, my NSLARNFGS still has a "second-hand" copy in stock.
quote:
Lastly, is there a pdf of this available so I can at least know the information if I can't have a hard copy on my shelf.
There is a copy available at paizo.com for just $4US.
Kuje Posted - 05 Jan 2008 : 04:05:05
Yes, it's a box set that mostly discusses Calimshan but it also has a section about the Lands of the Lion.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000