Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 X-mas adventure - any ideas?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matthus Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 12:45:07
Do you play special Christmas games with your players, or rolepalying group, or where ever?

Traditionally I wrote some adventures for the last play-day before the end of the year, where the theme was about stolen cookies, a missing or late Santa Claus, a big snowball fight, things like that. The one evening fun normally has no connections to ongoing plays, doesn’t need to be in the cannon lore of FR, and is just for a lot of fun, while we all are nibbling our own cookies and are sipping mulled wine …

Running almost out of time and having none myself, I would like to ask if you have related fun games in your group and, more important, if you like to share your ideas for this year with me .

Thanks for any in-put!
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brynweir Posted - 01 Dec 2007 : 13:18:45
Nightmare Before Christmas anyone?
Matthus Posted - 30 Nov 2007 : 10:51:15
It seems to get even more interesting than I thought… Thanks to all of you

The whole bunch of ideas, suggestions and incitations only need to be melted in a really great adventure - wish it would have been done already
Aravine Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 21:07:24
quote:
Originally posted by Ayunken-vanzan

They must overcome the permanent sanctuary-aura in his home - on any attack made.

even if they succeed, they can't attack. what's the point of rolling?
AlorinDawn Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 20:52:44
You could do the old cliché here of rescue the maiden in distress, but replace her with Santa hehe. Have Santa captured by a various evil organization or local ruler and have the PC's bust Santa out and help him recover his sleigh, flying reindeer or whatever, and his one-of-a-kind huge bag of holding.

You could have a bunch of his followers, which are fey-touched gnomes, or halflings contact the PCs to bust their boss out. There have been a decent number of "villains" in the many Christmas specials that have been on TV over the years you could tweak to make a convincing opponent.
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 20:49:29
They must overcome the permanent sanctuary-aura in his home - on any attack made.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 19:56:33
Being someone who looooooves Christmas (that was sarcasm boys and girls), and whose all time favorite Christmas movies include classics like Braindead and The Boondock Saints, I'd prolly have the players invade Santas home and give extra XP for creatures killed with ingenuity and enthusiasm... colorful slayage so to speak
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 19:48:20
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Don't forget that the bad twin has the help of Aurils special servant, the feared priestess Frosty the No-man.

Somewhere in this story there should also be a treant with a love for large amounts of jangling jewellery, but I cant really fit it in with the rest.

You're killing me.

Forget being a cleric--Santa should be a god.
Aravine Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 17:14:41
Alisttair, may I sugggest you use the link? but if you can't Santa is a druid13/clr6?/rog2. his sleigh allows the driver to cast timestop infiately(only on december 25) and he is NG. what is he a cleric of? himself?
Alisttair Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 16:52:12
SO what would Santa's stats be? Is he epic level? Probably wizard with low CON score (due to his big belly) and he definately has a bag of holding...
Aravine Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 14:58:25
Very Funny! but why is santa the pied piper?
Jorkens Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 13:56:58
Don't forget that the bad twin has the help of Aurils special servant, the feared priestess Frosty the No-man.

Somewhere in this story there should also be a treant with a love for large amounts of jangling jewellery, but I cant really fit it in with the rest.
Matthus Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 13:04:58
Thanks for the suggestions so far, it looks like some sledge dragon racing for the nice Santa - cause Elminster is waiting for his new pipe. All the while his evil twin is blasting the party with the frosty and freezing breath of Auril, waiting for the gnomes to arrive with the latest holiday songs – or something like this .

And PASTELI sounds great too, don’t know if I can get the hands on something similar here.
The Sage Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 23:06:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Grins,

Maybe Santa is a evil proxy/chosen/high powerful cleric of Auril that she unfreezes every year to torment people with. :)

Oooh! I love this idea.

And maybe he'll "slay a dragon or two."
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 23:03:40
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

That's not possible...Santa is the kindest man in the world, in any setting.

He doesn't have to be. :)

Especially if you have seen Santa's Slay.

I think movies like that are evil.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 20:19:17
We here in my village in Andros island- Greece from the 6th of december until the 31, we play every evening (after 6 'o clock), in the coffee bars (they look like inns) of the village, poker with walnuts (the walnuts are sold from the cofee bars).. the persons who gain the walnuts they take them home each day in order to make a greek christma's sweet which is called PASTELI...it's a custom here every year ...
Jorkens Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 19:38:06
No Santa's a good guy, but he has an evil twin. Actually that is a clone created by Auril that sends out junk-mail carrier pigeons and catalogs from magic shops to all the small children of the Realms. Auril knows that the insanity of these offers will make the season one of dread for all people in the Realms

The gnomes and their wombling friends have seen through this a long time ago and have promised the great wizard that they will find the impostor and give him a lesson. They will make him listen to the latest holiday songs and poems of the bards of new-Olamn whilst cataloging all the Wish-lists given by the mages throughout the last year.
Hawkins Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 18:32:14
quote:

quote:

Especially if you have seen Santa's Slay.
Kuje Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 18:07:27
quote:

Aravine Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 17:57:47
so does he have reindeer pulling his sleigh, or polymorphed dragons, or a cross breed of reindeer and pegusi(if that's how you spell it)?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 17:46:04
Kuje Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 17:39:13
Grins,

Maybe Santa is a evil proxy/chosen/high powerful cleric of Auril that she unfreezes every year to torment people with. :)
Jorkens Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 17:29:44
Now this would be a nice occasion to give those gnomes some focus.

The trolls have stolen the packages they planned to sell the Dalesmen for Christmas. The players need to get to the great glacier to talk to the old winter conjurer of the holidays (no, not Roy Wood) and try to get a good deal for the Dales before Elminster finds out that he will not get a new pipe. This will get him in a very bad mood for the holidays, something that can lead to panic among the lusty ladies of Faerun. Now, what the players don't know is that the holiday conjurer has made a deal with the small hairy people of the underground near the Dales and they have already sent their best men to steal the presents back and make this a wombling holiday for everyone.

Why are you all giving me strange looks?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 15:56:12
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

May I suggest this wizards webpage. It contains some holiday themed D&D content that I found amusing a few years back.

Happy holidays.

Very cute stuff in that link.
Alisttair Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 13:51:20
Santa would be a resident of the Great Glacier in the realms perhaps>?
Gelcur Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 13:29:20
May I suggest this wizards webpage. It contains some holiday themed D&D content that I found amusing a few years back.

Happy holidays.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000