Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The dark Elf Books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shadowni87 Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 09:33:59
hey... i was just wondering if there are any books coming after R.A.Salatore's The Two Swords??? i finaly finished reading all the drizzt books and now im out of books to read

Mod Edit: Moved to the correct shelf
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 09 Oct 2007 : 00:15:59
quote:
Originally posted by shadowni87

blade kingdoms???

The 2e Vilhon Reach tome contains a map that labels a small area of land just south-east of the Fields of Nun and east of the northern most expanse of the Chondalwood. This is "The Blade Kingdoms" and the setting for Council of Blades.

For me though... It's definitely an area of the Realms that needs some serious overhaul. As it is, the Blade Kingdoms are wedged between Chessenta and Chondath, and yet the entire region has little cultural resemblance to any of its neighbours which only serves to further make it evident to us how the realm actually "does not belong there."

I think it would be neat to see the conflicted lands of the Blade Kingdoms, Chessenta, and Threskel, get some treatment in the new material... an update to straighten out many of the apparent nconsistencies.
shadowni87 Posted - 08 Oct 2007 : 22:52:12
that makes more sense. thank you brian
Brian R. James Posted - 08 Oct 2007 : 14:13:10
Perhaps Zimme is referring to the novel 'Council of Blades' by Paul Kidd, which is set in the Blade Kingdoms.
shadowni87 Posted - 08 Oct 2007 : 07:22:49
blade kingdoms???
Zimme Posted - 23 Oct 2006 : 17:18:44
Pesonally I am getting more and more hooked on Artemis and Jarlaxle. I like to recomment them Servant of the shard, Promise of the lichking, Road of the patriarch.

Any thoughts on the novel 'Blade kingdoms'? For you who have read it.
MerrikCale Posted - 22 Oct 2006 : 12:58:10
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand
[br I'd start with the Avatar series, not necessarily because they are a good read (at least the first two are really dreadful)

I agree
scererar Posted - 22 Oct 2006 : 03:40:30
quote:
Originally posted by Gellion

quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

I for one cannot get enough of Drizzt books

Wow, someone here besides me and the OP like Drizzt books.

*Has a heart attack*

Anyways, I can not wait for the Road of the Patriarch

I think a lot more folks on this site like Drizzt. However, after you have been arounf here for a while, you will notice that one of the unfortunate events that occur when Drizzt is brought up, is a flame thread. I for one "love all" forgotten realms novels. some better than others, but if it says FR, I will most likely buy it
Gellion Posted - 21 Oct 2006 : 21:36:34
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

Wow, someone here besides me and the OP like Drizzt books.

*Has a heart attack*

Anyways, I can not wait for the Road of the Patriarch
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 20 Oct 2006 : 13:51:45
I would try to read the novels in the chronological order they were published, so you get the full flavour of the Realms...IMO the last few years the "canon event" series (e.g. Threat form the Sea, Return of the Wizards, the Cormyr series, etc.) is more like CNN news stories and less like just telling the story, if that makes sense to anyone
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Oct 2006 : 13:36:43
quote:
Originally posted by shadowni87

quote:

Shadow, again I repeat my question: are you interested in Forgotten Realms novels in general or just stuff with Drizzt?

sorry... im interested in all forgotten realms novels

Depending on what you want, I'd start with the Avatar series, not necessarily because they are a good read (at least the first two are really dreadful) but because of the amount of lore in those books. Basically every event after the Time of Troubles is in one way or another influenced by them.
After that I'd go with the Cormyr series, and then anything and everything Elaine Cunningham wrote.
After that you're on your own.
MerrikCale Posted - 18 Oct 2006 : 02:55:31
shadowni87 Posted - 15 Oct 2006 : 09:13:56
thanx alot. this is really cool
sl smith Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 13:23:37
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

... and from several interviews he has basically said that he is doing a Drizzt book per year from this point on, so sometime next year he will be doing one, though we have no details on exactly what it will be about or the theme of the story.

There are some details that have just started floating around. Here's an interview here with RA Salvatore; the next Drizzt book is provisionally called The Orc King, and will pick up the story where The Hunter's Blades trilogy ended. There are some teasers for Road of the Patriach in the interview, also.
shadowni87 Posted - 10 Oct 2006 : 00:09:26
quote:

Shadow, again I repeat my question: are you interested in Forgotten Realms novels in general or just stuff with Drizzt?

sorry... im interested in all forgotten realms novels
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 21:26:23
KnightErrantJR Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 20:24:32
You may want to check out the Year of Rogue Dragons books then as well . . .
shadowni87 Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 20:18:15
quote:

There is some product information on them here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/957837600

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/958977600

I generally really liked these novels. Each was written by a different author, although the initial outline was laid out at the begining of the process. It definately reminds you of how evil and nasty the drow are.

What types of books do you normally like?

i really like books on drizzt, i can go with just drow books i geuss, oh.. and i also like books with dragons in them. does that answer your question???
KnightErrantJR Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 20:15:18
There is some product information on them here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/957837600

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/958977600

I generally really liked these novels. Each was written by a different author, although the initial outline was laid out at the begining of the process. It definately reminds you of how evil and nasty the drow are.

What types of books do you normally like?
shadowni87 Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 20:09:35
quote:

RAS has Road of the Patriarchs coming out this fall, continuing his Jarlaxle and Entrerei story, and from several interviews he has basically said that he is doing a Drizzt book per year from this point on, so sometime next year he will be doing one, though we have no details on exactly what it will be about or the theme of the story.

If you liked the War of the Spider Queen books, Thomas Reid and Lisa Smedmen both have trilogies coming out soon that follow up with characters from those books. If you haven't read the War of the Spider Queen books, they might be ones that you would be interested in.

im not sure i know what "the war of the spider queen" is, are you saying that you recomend it?
KnightErrantJR Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 13:49:58
RAS has Road of the Patriarchs coming out this fall, continuing his Jarlaxle and Entrerei story, and from several interviews he has basically said that he is doing a Drizzt book per year from this point on, so sometime next year he will be doing one, though we have no details on exactly what it will be about or the theme of the story.

If you liked the War of the Spider Queen books, Thomas Reid and Lisa Smedmen both have trilogies coming out soon that follow up with characters from those books. If you haven't read the War of the Spider Queen books, they might be ones that you would be interested in.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 10:40:43
Are you merely interested in drow stuff or FR in general?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000