Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 New WotC column on FR site - "Class Chronicles"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 09:54:25
Well met

At last, we have activity on WotC's FR site.

This time, a new column entitled Class Chronicles, by Eytan Bernstein.

The first article is Beguilers and Dragon Shamans
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LordofBones Posted - 28 Jan 2016 : 11:51:48
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Good job gathering up the gods. I see you mixed some from MM and Dragonomicon. I also noticed a couple were missing, and was wondering if there was anything to support the below assumptions

Asgorath = Io? This is almost a shoe in given their descriptions, but...

Null = Falazure + Chronepsis ?? Is Null something like the three part elven deity. It would be kind of weird because Chronepsis is hinted at being Io's brother and Falazure is Io's son, but maybe something was mentioned somewhere of a takeover that I never noticed and Null uses those Alias'

Kalzareinad (dead dragon god of secrets) = where'd this one come from

Holy necro, Batman!

Anyway, thought I'd chip in; Null as an entity does not exist. Falazure and Chronepsis are worshiped as him in different aspects; the Watcher is Chronepsis and the Reaver is Falazure. Any dragon that dies venerating Null ends up in the divine realms of either deity depending on the ethos he held in life.

Presumably, those shadow dragons native to the Shadow Plane muffle a snigger whenever they hear someone praying to their boss as 'Null'.

The relationship between Falazure and his more famous siblings is rather murky. MM notes that Falazure is a lot calmer and more restrained than the reckless Tiamat, so he probably takes advantage of the war between Bahamut and Tiamat to foster his clergy in peace. He's allied with Nerull, but his Realms allies would be Myrkul and later Velsharoon.
EytanBernstein Posted - 20 Sep 2007 : 01:45:02
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

care to spill the beans about the next thing in the workings?

Can't. I can say that it's not FR related.
Sian Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 11:25:20
care to spill the beans about the next thing in the workings?
EytanBernstein Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 08:11:01
quote:
Originally posted by Daviot

Regardless of their supposed authorship, I've really enjoyed both reading (and in several cases, such as the PHPII classes, using as DM) the column. Thanks again for the work!

I'm glad you got use out of the articles. I hope I (or someone else) wil be able to pick up some of the threads in 4e.
Daviot Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 03:55:34
Regardless of their supposed authorship, I've really enjoyed both reading (and in several cases, such as the PHPII classes, using as DM) the column. Thanks again for the work!
EytanBernstein Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 21:18:29
quote:
P.S. "Evan" is my kid-brother's name, actually.

Maybe he's the one that wrote the articles?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 20:03:02
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

Apologies to Erik Scott de Bie. Somewhere down the line in the process, his named became misspelled. Erik, please join me as Evan Bernstein, Eytan Burnstein, and Antoine Berdell in lamenting our fates.

Just happy to be involved!

As for my name, well, thems the breaks. I'm so used to my name being misspelled by this point that I just kinda expect it from people who don't know me very well (and many who do!).

My favorite one is still a solicitor looking for "Debbie Eric . . . Is she available?"

Cheers

P.S. "Evan" is my kid-brother's name, actually.
Xysma Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 18:07:31
quote:

That is indeed the final Class Chronicles entry. I do have other web material in the works, however.

I hate to see this one end, this series of articles has been an excellent addition to Realms lore. I look forward to whatever else you have up your sleeve.
EytanBernstein Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 17:54:06
quote:
Originally posted by monch9

Oh no, it seems to be the final one! Hope Eytan has other web articles coming.

Monch

That is indeed the final Class Chronicles entry. I do have other web material in the works, however.

Apologies to Erik Scott de Bie. Somewhere down the line in the process, his named became misspelled. Erik, please join me as Evan Bernstein, Eytan Burnstein, and Antoine Berdell in lamenting our fates.
monch9 Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 09:08:55

Oh no, it seems to be the final one! Hope Eytan has other web articles coming.

Monch
KnightErrantJR Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 06:28:29
The "Eastern Classes" article is up as well now:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070918
EytanBernstein Posted - 14 Sep 2007 : 21:25:22
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I really liked this article, and I was also thinking of the "slow introduction" of elements from the books, including having a few martial scripts laying around treasure hordes. Eytan, if you are reading this, any thoughts on what cultures might have been more likely to have martial scripts written out for their warriors?

Also, a question about the Bedine practitioners of the Desert Wind disciplines. Since this discipline has supernatural maneuvers, would the Bedine view a martial adept with this style as a a magic user? Would that person have to be a renegade tribesmen? I don't have a problem with that, because the outcast sorcerers, bandits, and such from the Bedine make Anauroch even more interesting, and there seems to be a fair number of said outcasts at any rate.

Thanks Eytan.

Hmm... as to martial scripts, I'd say that any of the cultures described might have them. I'd really have to think about it more.

Bedine nomad tribes and dervish types might be more likely to have such a tradition. The bedine might view it as magic or perhaps just a local thing they excuse individually.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 13 Sep 2007 : 22:44:11
I really liked this article, and I was also thinking of the "slow introduction" of elements from the books, including having a few martial scripts laying around treasure hordes. Eytan, if you are reading this, any thoughts on what cultures might have been more likely to have martial scripts written out for their warriors?

Also, a question about the Bedine practitioners of the Desert Wind disciplines. Since this discipline has supernatural maneuvers, would the Bedine view a martial adept with this style as a a magic user? Would that person have to be a renegade tribesmen? I don't have a problem with that, because the outcast sorcerers, bandits, and such from the Bedine make Anauroch even more interesting, and there seems to be a fair number of said outcasts at any rate.

Thanks Eytan.
EytanBernstein Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 21:26:33
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

quote:
- he can't have 10 levels in that PrC because it is only a 5-level PrC.

I thought he was just really good.

Had I designed the class, I would have made it a 9-level class (9 swords, 9 levels... hehe). But, I wanted to make him the same ECL, so that's a simple change.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 12:17:32
quote:
- he can't have 10 levels in that PrC because it is only a 5-level PrC.

I thought he was just really good.
EytanBernstein Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 07:47:16
Thanks! I'll point out one correction that one of the readers noted. Concerning "Blademaster Borrobar Starlynskor (LG male Tethyrian warblade 7/master of nine 10)" - he can't have 10 levels in that PrC because it is only a 5-level PrC. Thus, he should read "Blademaster Borrobar Starlynskor (LG male Tethyrian warblade 12/master of nine 5)"
KnightErrantJR Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 04:08:11
Latest link is up for the Tome of Battle classes:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070911
EytanBernstein Posted - 06 Sep 2007 : 09:39:59
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Most weird... The link has worked every time I've clicked on it...

Seems to be working for me now.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 21:58:31
Most weird... The link has worked every time I've clicked on it...
EytanBernstein Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 21:43:33
I've been having problems with it as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 16:04:13
Yeah, I just tried it, too, and it worked fine... Can you try it again, Sian?
Victor_ograygor Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 15:07:26
The link works fine fore me Sian ?
Sian Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 14:25:31
for some reason your link doesn't wolk Wooly
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 11:35:13
Incarnates, Soulborn, Totemists
ShepherdGunn Posted - 24 Aug 2007 : 09:10:21
Glad to hear that. With the whole WotC D&D site change, looks like they really didn't do very much in regards to migration to the new set up. (Being in the tech industry, I can kinda understand that it wouldn't of been easy)
EytanBernstein Posted - 23 Aug 2007 : 03:10:20
My website has links to them all - www.eytanbernstein.com/publications.htm
Just scroll down to the Class Chronicles section.
Kuje Posted - 20 Aug 2007 : 23:29:05
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

I dont know if this can help

Kuje's FAQ of WOTC Links
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=470527

Yeah and that hasn't been updated in over a year, plus a lot of the links are dated because of 2 or 3 server upgrades/domain name changes.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Aug 2007 : 22:55:06
They don't appear to be on his list... But if you scroll back thru this thread, you can find all of the links.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 20 Aug 2007 : 21:50:06
I dont know if this can help

Kuje's FAQ of WOTC Links
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=470527
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Aug 2007 : 21:07:33
Is there any way for someone to compile the links so that I can download the articles?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000