Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campaign for Candlekeep?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Krandor Posted - 23 Aug 2003 : 22:32:31
If I were to DM (unless someone else already is planning to do this) a Campaign on this site via post to post... would anyone be interested in joining?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 07:17:10
Ah, thank you. But I still don't think that it's enough.
Arivia Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 07:05:48
Actually, the sorcerer gets the ability every two levels after fourth.
The Sage Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 07:05:17
That's true.

I am still a little disappoined with the overall changes made to the Bard class, but not having had the opportunity to role-play/roll-play the class, I really cannot be certain of it's complete list of problems.

I am going to be playing in a friends game soon (as a PC for a change) in a homebrew campaign based on the 'world' of New Crobuzon as presented by China Mieville in such novels as Perdido Street Station, and the more recent The Scar. Although I am not sure how a Bard would fit into this type of environment, but that could be part of the fun of playing the class to begin with.

Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 06:59:22
I was looking at it more from the role-playing point of view, myself. Though I certainly know what you're talking about there. Personally, I'd like it better if the sorcerer and bard could get more spells. Though I might settle for that 'change' ability at every level, not just every fourth.
The Sage Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 06:15:03
I can see now that I may have been a little 'over-enthusiastic' about the 3.5 sorcerer. One of the main reasons why I had never played a 3.0 sorcerer PC was because of the inability to change the spell lists once they were selected. This change just seemed to improve the potential for better gaming...at least for someone who has never really played one.

Oh well...

Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 05:37:17
Not tasteless at all, Muad'Dib, though then again, I think puns are great. They're the best reason I've ever had for reading Asterix.

Sage, I finally looked over the stats for the 3.5e Sorcerer. The only difference I saw was the ability to switch some spells at every fourth level. Why would you think that to be exciting? Except for those points, I don't think playing a sorcerer is really any different now.
The Sage Posted - 18 Sep 2003 : 07:45:20
MuadDib, if you refer to my post on the 15th, you will see a rough working of the time when the campaign will start. Nothing specific has been worked out yet, due to lack of time.

MuadDib Posted - 18 Sep 2003 : 07:41:01
Ok, well it seems that Bookwyrm and I are going to be the Clue(less)-Klutz-Clan - if anyone finds that to be tasteless humour, my apologies, its early

I like Salabasha's style. So when do we get started. I nominate that we all start spamming the sage with pleas to get us started
Salabasha Posted - 17 Sep 2003 : 21:41:23
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I will see about sending some information about the game, out to you Salabasha.

Also, what exactly do you mean by 'psy' stuff?...Psionics perhaps?.

Aye.

*pulls out ihs massive sword.
CLEAVE,CLEAVE CLEAVE RAGE AND CLEAVE SOME MORE!

Bookwyrm Posted - 17 Sep 2003 : 17:05:39
Muad'Dib, you and I are about the same. The only difference is that I probably have at least three months' head start on learning the stuff, and I'm (probably) more experienced at writing. That only means that I'm more likely to find the actual role-playing easier. When it comes to roll-playing, though, I have no real idea how I'll end up.

So, try not to send an arrow my way, and I'll try not to hit you with my rapier.
MuadDib Posted - 17 Sep 2003 : 14:05:50
I know nothing, will probably end up being a dteriment to you all and I might kill you by accident. I apologise in the event it happens and I dont have the time to apologise.

Basically, im like a big cute lovable kitten. You gotta love me even though I do no good. Count me in!
The Sage Posted - 17 Sep 2003 : 06:35:48
I will see about sending some information about the game, out to you Salabasha.

Also, what exactly do you mean by 'psy' stuff?...Psionics perhaps?.

Salabasha Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 23:48:26
When you start, do invite me.

Also, what do you have to say bout the 3.5 psy stuff?
The Sage Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 08:05:37
Actually, I have been wanting to run the new, and improved 3.5 sorcerer. I am interested to see how the 'new' sorcerer ability to change memorised spells, translates into game play. I may see about trying to run a sorcerer myself (in this campaign), at least for a period.

I'll look over those feats you were talking about tomorrow Bookwyrm. Although I don't think there should be that much of a problem.

I'll post more details as they develop.

Bookwyrm Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 17:19:03
Delays? No, gee, I hadn't noticed . . . .

Of course, all players of the 3rd Edition should pick up the 3.5e SRD from the WotC website. It's actually got some useful changes, which I was surprised about. A lot of it's junk, but players should take a look at the feats (my favorite being Weapon Finesse, which was exactly how I was going to make my own version) and the Ranger class is very nice. I'm not so sure about the spell changes. As for skills . . . some good, some bad. Some just strange, due to the difference between them and what I'm used to. I'm using some 3.5e feats in the (highly customized) character I've been waiting for approval on (hinthint, Sage ).

Also, don't be afraid to use d20 things, like (especially) feats. Sage already cleared one for a character, and I'm sure he'll clear another one. (Legendary Ability is the first. Bonus to one ability at 6th, 12, and 18th levels, unless taken after one or more of them. The other is University, which gives +3 Knowledge (any) skill points at odd-numbered levels, starting at 1st.)
The Sage Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 13:36:30
Finals adjustments to the overall campaign will be made over the period of this week. There have been a fairly large amount of delays holding this campaign back (as Bookwyrm will already undoubtedly know), but I am striving to have it finished, and ready to play at about the same time I take some much needed holidays from work and university.

October looks to be the starting period. Of course, pre-campaign information will be sent to all interested players, and I will then determine party size once a fair amount of response has been generated.

And Salius, to answer your question, this game will be based in 3.0 edition, with some 3.5 points. I have tried to keep 3.5 changes to a minimum, since some players will not have access to the relevant materials.

Arivia Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 01:51:17
I'd be willing to participate, just need the details...
Salius Kai Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 01:49:11
I would be more than willing to join (if you need anyone else in the adventure). What edition are we playing?
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 06:48:59
Then I shall have a copy sent to you. Please be aware however that although I originally wrote the material, the changes and corrections were not my own.

lowtech Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 06:08:41
quote:
Anyway, if you are all still interested (excluding the Bookwyrm of course), I'll take a note of your names and send you all (the Bookwyrm included), a nice little introduction I have been working on.

I don't have time to play, but I would like to read the introduction.
The Sage Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 05:30:34
Actually I was thinking about whether to include races from other worlds in this campaign. Since it will be heavily planar based, and most(?) worlds have some form of access to the planes (regardless of cosmological make-up), I guess it would be appropriate.

However, if anyone wishes to use a race from the Ravenloft setting, contact me by ethereal mail. Since Ravenloft is by nature a sealed demi-plane, some special circumstances will be needed in order to transport a PC from there.

Bookwyrm Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 18:19:37
Hmm. Well, Sage was wanting to do some planar stuff. Maybe you could play a character from some other world, rather than the one described in the Forgotten Realms. In fact, my 'special' () character would be something like that as well.
The Sage Posted - 10 Sep 2003 : 07:31:17
That's great to hear. I'll be sending some details out (about the campaign) shortly, by ethereal mail. Of course, I need some spare time for that, and at present, I have very little.

Cult_Leader Posted - 09 Sep 2003 : 14:31:38
Actually if you dont mind sage I would like to join into that as well. But I want to go in with a blind perspective, I lack alot of knowledge about the lore of FR and know only tid bits. As In I just want to play a brute lol. Its either that or a fighter bow man, and move him up in to the said sniper class, Which is fun ( it can be found in AEG's war book). The only other thing that I lack having played thus far that I have always wished to try is the elven version of the Teiflings. The actual half demon ones. Yes they are a bit over powered but I only want to try a 1/4th demon verson. As in much weaker then the half. All I really need is the Alternate form, Enervasion, and dimensional Door, Dont need the other stuff.

Since the other stuff is life fire resist 10, dmg reduction 10/+1 and such, I dont need them. They are to strong for my likes lol.
Krandor Posted - 06 Sep 2003 : 22:20:54
quote:
Originally posted by Vallandar

I will edit my user account so that you can e-mail me today. would you please e-mail me with his e-mial address?

By the way, I don't actually have the FR campaign setting books yet [I'm looking in e-bay for them], will this be a problem?

Ok
Vallandar Posted - 06 Sep 2003 : 22:09:43
I will edit my user account so that you can e-mail me today. would you please e-mail me with his e-mial address?

By the way, I don't actually have the FR campaign setting books yet [I'm looking in e-bay for them], will this be a problem?
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Sep 2003 : 20:53:24
So I've noticed, Sage.

(Not that I don't completely understand. With the new semester starting in two days, I expect I'll be coming under a lot of >< pressure soon, myself.)
The Sage Posted - 31 Aug 2003 : 06:31:47
Okay, I'll send you the email too.

I was thinking about joining myself, but free-time is rarely a luxury I can enjoy these days...

Krandor Posted - 30 Aug 2003 : 19:50:46
quote:

Vallandar, a friend of mine in the UK has just started (this week) a FR 2e PbeM based around the Shaar. The group is still looking for a few more players.

If you are interested I will get the details and send you his email so that you can talk to him about the campaign.

Sign me up!
Bookwyrm Posted - 30 Aug 2003 : 05:53:56
Now how's that for timing, folks?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000