Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 [Silver Marches] Tulrun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Waldham Posted - 03 Jun 2007 : 11:34:06
Hello,
in Silver Marches book, p.9 :
Do the Tulrun's tent look alike the Baba Yaga's Hut, no ?

quote:
He's an expert on creating constructs, including three beautiful servants who seem to be living female humans, but are really lifelike constructs. Caerel, Elsara, and Tionele are equal flesh golems in terms of theirs abilities and powers, but have the following ability scores : Str 21, Dex 13, Con _, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 14. They also do not suffer from the flesh golem's tendency to go berserk in combat. Tulrun has devised a means to link all three of his creations to himself as if they were familiars and gains all the familiar benefits due a wizard of his level.

I search informations about Tulrun.
Which feats, spells do Tulrun have to make this special construct ?

How do Tulrun obtain three familiars in the same time ?

Do these constructs have a improved natural armor, improved evasion, share spells ability, an empathic link, touch ability, speak with master, a spell resistance ?

Thanks for your future help.
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TBeholder Posted - 02 Mar 2021 : 15:42:12
quote:
Originally posted by Ralderick Hallowshaw

quote:
Unlike the elder Tigris, Tulrun was fascinated by tales of magic. When he discovered a mysterious golden scroll in a forgotten barrow beneath the tribe's ancestral lands, Tallrunner set off for Silverymoon against his father's wishes.

Am I the only one thinking about Nether Scrolls?

Maybe, but there are also Leaves of Gold, not too far away.
Scytax Posted - 25 Feb 2021 : 20:06:47
I am guiding my PC from Adbar to Ironslag and made a little research about Tulrun. I was able to get Polyhedron 126.

I can send pictures of the two pages if anyone is interested.
The Hooded One Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 16:36:39
And just to reply to the original question that opened the thread: no, Tulrun's Tent DOESN'T look like Baba Yaga's infamous chicken-leg hut. When playing in the Realms with Ed as DM, one of my characters has visited Tulrun's Tent. Play session back in the late 1980s, real-world time . . .
love,
THO
Ralderick Hallowshaw Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 13:58:14
Sorry for "resurrecting" such and old topic, but I've decided to involve this NPC in my campaign.

First of all, I was a bit surprised when I read this passage from Tulrun's story, in the magnificient write-up in Polyhedron#125, by loremaster Boyd:
quote:
Unlike the elder Tigris, Tulrun was fascinated by tales of magic. When he discovered a mysterious golden scroll in a forgotten barrow beneath the tribe's ancestral lands, Tallrunner set off for Silverymoon against his father's wishes.

Am I the only one thinking about Nether Scrolls?

Another question: since Red Tiger's chieftains used to be weretigers, why this tradition has been lost? Did they simply stop passing command from father to son? IIRC, this was an uthgardt tradition...
George Krashos Posted - 25 Jun 2007 : 05:42:10
He was a human/weretiger. He then came unstuck due to a particularly nasty Netherese curse he came across while exploring. That made him a tiefling. The events of "Blackstaff" have restored him to a human/weretiger.

-- George Krashos
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2007 : 00:24:36
He's one of the NPC's that has had his race all over the board. The North box set says he is human but Silver Marches says he is a tiefling. So, since Silver Marches is newer, he is a tiefling.
Waldham Posted - 24 Jun 2007 : 17:53:34
I read the polyhedron p.125 from : http://web.archive.org/web/19970629162003/http://www.kurasc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/radar-group/members/dlow/Export/Gaming/poly125.txt

Tulrun described as a weretiger, no a tiefling as in Silver Marches.

Do the page 126 explain this modification or not ?
AlorinDawn Posted - 22 Jun 2007 : 00:23:42
I broke down and ordered the Tulrun issues from nobleknight.com. Eric did a kickass job Tulrun. Now I must find a way to work Mr. Fur ball into my campaign!
George Krashos Posted - 13 Jun 2007 : 13:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

I have a near complete Realms collection, however the individual Polyhedrons are pricey and hard to come by, so they will continue to elude me.

I've only got a handful of them, myself.

I used to have most of them but got rid of them all - of course, that was after I'd p/copied all the FR content.

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 13 Jun 2007 : 01:03:58
quote:

I have a near complete Realms collection, however the individual Polyhedrons are pricey and hard to come by, so they will continue to elude me.

Contact me privately. Depending upon where in the US you are, I may be able to hook you up with some of the more difficult-to-obtain POLYHEDRON issues.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jun 2007 : 00:15:10
Alright, short, 2E stats:

Human (weretiger) male
25th level mage

Str 17
Dex 17
Con 17
Int 18
Wis 11
Cha 10

In other words, a drekkin' powerful mage who is handy in a brawl.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 21:41:48
quote:

I've only got a handful of them, myself.
AlorinDawn Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 21:02:47
AlorinDawn Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 20:51:52
Sounds good. Thank you.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 20:18:16
I can do it when I get home. I'll only give short stats, though. Typing is not my thing, and giving short stats allows me to avoid copyright issues.
AlorinDawn Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 20:01:15
Wooly,

Any chance you could share the stats and any additional information from 126?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 19:57:41
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Cut and paste this URL for the file of Polyhedron #125:
http://web.archive.org/web/19970629162003/http://www.kurasc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/radar-group/members/dlow/Export/Gaming/poly125.txt

What a great read. Any chance you might provide a link to 126 ?

It's not there. Apparently issue 125 was offered as an online freebie.
AlorinDawn Posted - 12 Jun 2007 : 19:45:23
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

http://web.archive.org/web/19970629162003/http://www.kurasc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/radar-group/members/dlow/Export/Gaming/poly125.txt

What a great read. Any chance you might provide a link to 126 ?
Faraer Posted - 06 Jun 2007 : 20:36:14
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Jun 2007 : 01:50:22
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

There was a website that contained summarised info on Tulrun from the two articles (including the missing text) here:- http://www.kurasc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/radar-group/members/dlow/Export/Gaming/poly125.txt

It now appears to be a deadlink unfortunately, and I never saved a copy.

I don't recall having seen the missing text published elsewhere. Maybe George or Eric can clear up the bit about the missing text.

Hmmm... Well, I found the file Sage referred to (my search fu is stronger than his search fu! ). However, it only seems to be the stuff from issue 125. 126 had more info in it, and that is the one with the missing text (the text was likely obscured by the illustration). On page 25 of issue 126, under Abode, the last line before the illustration is "There is even an armory, drill room, and small hunting". The next column resumes with "them to Waterdeep." It appears to be part of an adventure hook.

I'll ping Eric L. Boyd about that, since he wrote the article...
The Sage Posted - 03 Jun 2007 : 16:13:33
There was a website that contained summarised info on Tulrun from the two articles (including the missing text) here:- http://www.kurasc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/radar-group/members/dlow/Export/Gaming/poly125.txt

It now appears to be a deadlink unfortunately, and I never saved a copy.

I don't recall having seen the missing text published elsewhere. Maybe George or Eric can clear up the bit about the missing text.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jun 2007 : 15:15:18
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Eric also wrote up Tulrun in fantastic style for POLYHEDRON [I'm drawing a blank on the issue number ATM].

125 and 126. However, a bit of the text was missing from 126, and from what I can tell, the missing text never appeared anywhere.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jun 2007 : 12:48:41
Tulrun references include the Ol' Grey Box, The North boxed set, and Silver Marches. Eric also wrote up Tulrun in fantastic style for POLYHEDRON [I'm drawing a blank on the issue number ATM].

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000