Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Provided you manage to kill and or Capture one...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Malanthius Posted - 06 Apr 2007 : 20:26:02
...just what can you do with a Tarrasque?

I'm trying to put together a list of things you can do (alchemical ingrediants, epic armor and weapons, potions of immortality etc) with the corpse of or willing/unwilling consent of a Tarrasque.

Any ideas?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kaladorm Posted - 14 Apr 2007 : 10:49:49
You may recall in Magic of Faerun, that it lists some musical instruments, one of which was a horn created from a (the?) Tarrasque.

It ended rather badly if I remember, as the horn didn't work and only served to summon a very angry Tarrasque
sleyvas Posted - 11 Apr 2007 : 16:56:14
I'm not much for soup, but I wonder is tarrasque steaks would have a gamey taste to them. OOOO, or mix it with pork, tarrasque sausage. What noble wouldn't pay a slightly small fortune to say they've eaten a piece of tarrasque. Hey, if you don't kill it all the way, they regenerate right <g>?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Apr 2007 : 20:22:17
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

As I recall, Karsus's Ultimate Mistake Karsus's Avatar used the pituitary gland of the tarrasque as one of the material components.

Was it really the pituitary gland? I don't recall, but I do recall that it's the only "real" spell (of which I know) which features a tarrasque bit as an essential material component. I've seen suggestions for using tarrasque bits before as possible spell components, but Karsus may have been the only wizard brilliant enough to create an actual, working spell with a tarrasque part. Now if only he had been as sensible in his choice of targets upon whom to use the spell...!

Yup. I just double-checked... Though, to be honest, it was the epidermis of the pituitary gland, and it was apparently used to enchant something else that was an actual component of the spell.
Mazrim_Taim Posted - 07 Apr 2007 : 19:11:54
I'm guessing that pretty much everything on a Tarrasque could be potentially used in some magic item, potion, etc.

An interesting idea. I am thinking certain parts could be used as more potent material components for spells as well.

But if it were me, personally, I'd make a really nice pair of Tarrasque skin boots.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 07 Apr 2007 : 18:58:52
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

As I recall, Karsus's Ultimate Mistake Karsus's Avatar used the pituitary gland of the tarrasque as one of the material components.

Was it really the pituitary gland? I don't recall, but I do recall that it's the only "real" spell (of which I know) which features a tarrasque bit as an essential material component. I've seen suggestions for using tarrasque bits before as possible spell components, but Karsus may have been the only wizard brilliant enough to create an actual, working spell with a tarrasque part. Now if only he had been as sensible in his choice of targets upon whom to use the spell...!

Uzzy Posted - 06 Apr 2007 : 23:22:46
Soup?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Apr 2007 : 23:11:27
Victor_ograygor Posted - 06 Apr 2007 : 22:35:57
Interesting question…..

Epic items ?

I would say relics and artefacts since this creature are almost immortal.

If we are going to create relics ore artefacts it has to have something to do with the nature of the Tarrasque. Since the Tarrasques are gigantic, terrible, monstrous engines of destruction which exist only to eat, kill and destroy, the item could be good at this.

Physical description
They are very large, 50 feet tall and 70 feet long, and have a tyrannosaurus rex-like form (despite being much more muscular, broad, with a different shaped head, and with much larger and more useful front arms). It is brown in color, with scabs and warts and bits of encrusted dung all over it which are grey in color. Protecting its back and tail is a large, thick, glossy shell of caramel color. It has spikes coming from its chin, sides of the mouth, the underside of its neck, the elbows of its front arms, and its shell. It also has two horns coming forwards from the top of its head. The tarrasque's skin is very hard and thick, and provides excellent armor.

Tarrasque
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

What would I create?

The Twin Horns of destruction

The Twin Horns of destruction are created from the two horns from a Tarrasque. When the sombody blows in thease twin horns, darknes fills the skyes and the earth starts to rumbel. 14 difrent randomly gates oppens to the plane the blower stands in and a unerversl call trugh the gates a made, inviting creaturs.

When a total of 24 hit dice of creatures have passed each gate, the gate closes.

The creature are not under the blowers control, and may ore may not attack each other.
warlockco Posted - 06 Apr 2007 : 22:29:49
Feed it to a Deepspawn...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000