Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Eytan Strikes Again (MIC in FR article)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 02:43:35
Eytan strikes again! The last preview of the Magic Item Compendium features Eytan's article on how to incorporate new concepts from the book into the Forgotten Realms. Once again, I think he has done a bang up job of finding interesting bits of existing Realmslore and tying it to these new concepts.

Great work Eytan!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ps/20070306a
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EytanBernstein Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 21:38:58
That's not a bad idea, Dargoth, and what I've written certainly could be reconciled with it, though I went a slightly different route, as you will see.

As for Incarnum, I am planning on covering it eventually. I can't guarantee it or say when it will be (certainly after the more standard classes have been covered), but it is on my list, along with classes from both Tomes, psionic classes, and some other more esoteric ones.
khorne Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 11:44:14
Eytan, are you going to do an article about how to incorporate the classes that use incarnum into the Realms?
Dargoth Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 10:30:37
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

Favored Soul and Warlock are on the way soon.

Ill be interested to see what youve done with the favoured souls

For my own campaign Ive made them a new class that have only recently started to appear in the realms since the Time of Troubles and are ussually most common in the area where that god spent Avatar crisis.

quote:

Favoured Souls are the result of a Non divine spellcasting being coming into prolonged contact with an Avatar. While a number of Favoured Souls where adults or children during Time of Troubles sages who have studied the subject have found that most Favoured Souls where either concieved or carried during the Time of Troubles. Favoured Souls are not a gods children but are mortal children who where exposed to an avatars before they where born

Favoured Souls of Bane have appeared in Zhentil Keep, Scardale and Tantras

Favoured Souls of Torm have been found in Tantras

Favoured Souls of Helm have appeared in Northen Cormyr and Waterdeep

Favoured Souls of Mykrul have appeared in Waterdeep (it is unknown who is granting there spells)

Favoured Souls of Tymora have apeared in Arabel

Favoured Souls of Mystra have appeared in Northern Cormyr

Favoured Souls of Sune have appeared in Tezzir

Favoured Souls of Talos have appeared in Tsurlagol

Favoured Souls of Sharess have appeared in Calimport

Favoured Souls of Selune have appeared in Waterdeep

EytanBernstein Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 10:14:53
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:

I really like the Warlock article, in fact all of your articles have been excellent. I've been referring all of my players to your articles. My group seems to really like the beguiler, knight, and duskblade classes, and this was exactly what we needed to add more Realms flavor to the classes. Thanks!

Thanks. I'm really glad to hear that people are getting use of these articles.
Xysma Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 04:36:46
quote:

I really like the Warlock article, in fact all of your articles have been excellent. I've been referring all of my players to your articles. My group seems to really like the beguiler, knight, and duskblade classes, and this was exactly what we needed to add more Realms flavor to the classes. Thanks!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 08 Mar 2007 : 02:07:35
quote:

Yes, but designers can make the jobs of editors easier by trying harder to avoid errors like this.

True enough.
EytanBernstein Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 21:21:43
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:

I take full credit on the name misspelling. Sure, it's possible for editors to catch these things, but we can't blame them for this sort of thing.

You mean it's too hard for them to use a spellchecker with a custom dictionary that includes the most common FR/D&D names (like the gods and famous NPCs) ?

Now I understand why there is so many erros in stat blocks

I actually agree, here. I don't have an axe to grind or anything (nor am I out to "blame" anyone), but isn't it the job of the editor to catch errors?

Nevertheless, good work, Eytan.

Yes, but designers can make the jobs of editors easier by trying harder to avoid errors like this. As for stat blocks, well, I can't claim to know much about how many times these things go through, but I can say that they have proven to be a problem for nearly every designer I know. I've talked extensively with the guys over in development and they've indicated that they are working hard to find a new system for how to edit them.
EytanBernstein Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 21:19:51
Sian Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 18:55:08
i love it ... though it also would be interesting if someone is able to make the same deal with classes such as Favored Soul, Warlock and Swashblucker *grins*
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 18:40:22
quote:

quote:

I take full credit on the name misspelling. Sure, it's possible for editors to catch these things, but we can't blame them for this sort of thing.

You mean it's too hard for them to use a spellchecker with a custom dictionary that includes the most common FR/D&D names (like the gods and famous NPCs) ?

I actually agree, here. I don't have an axe to grind or anything (nor am I out to "blame" anyone), but isn't it the job of the editor to catch errors?

Nevertheless, good work, Eytan.
Uzzy Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 18:12:02
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

I just was thinking... this article, the mention of the Scarlet Mummers, and the other article of Eytan, concerning the new classes, put me to think in make a "Realms adaptation" of the Cloaked Dancer PrC (Complete Scoundrel), linked with the Mummers lore.

I would help with that, if you were serious about it.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 17:55:11
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

'Tis an ironic typo, if it wasn't intentional.

Itīs wroted in brazilian portuguese
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 17:17:31
quote:

'Tis an ironic typo, if it wasn't intentional.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 16:15:20
I just was thinking... this article, the mention of the Scarlet Mummers, and the other article of Eytan, concerning the new classes, put me to think in make a "Realms adaptation" of the Cloaked Dancer PrC (Complete Scoundrel), linked with the Mummers lore.
Skeptic Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 16:05:36
quote:

Kuje Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 15:07:21
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

And don't worry. Everyone seems to misspell Lliira.

Not everyone misspells her name. :)

But eh. I wasn't blaming anyone, I was just saying it's misspelled.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 14:39:56
Wonderful article, Eytan! Iīm really thrilled with the new open possibilities of items and lore...
Uzzy Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 11:26:03
Lliira? Scarlet Mummers? Yippie!!!

And don't worry. Everyone seems to misspell Lliira.
EytanBernstein Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 09:06:25
The Sage Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 06:24:10
Nice to see a nod toward the Scarlet Mummers, though.
Kuje Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 06:03:32
Lliira is misspelled, repeatedly. :)
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 05:56:18
Cheers to Eytan!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000