Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Playing Online

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
XNedra Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 22:07:28
Well Met,

I am looking to join an online campaign that is either already started or just starting. I have my own characters but would be willing to make a new character. I am at home a lot due to illness so a long campaign would be perfect.

I must admit I feel very humble here in this forum, I thought I knew a lot about the Realms but I feel like a dummy compared to you guys and gals. I feel I could learn a lot just by reading the threads which is what I am doing.

Thank you for reading sorry if it is in the wrong place or too long.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
XNedra Posted - 17 Feb 2007 : 11:28:45
Thanks Kaladorm
Kaladorm Posted - 17 Feb 2007 : 10:23:44
Back on topic, you'll find rpol.net to be a good site with lots of games running at any one time. In particular a part of it called Realms of Adventure is very well organised, and I suspect a few sages here may be involved with it (I know RodOdom is)
The Sage Posted - 17 Feb 2007 : 09:08:36
quote:
Originally posted by D-brane

You're not dumb XNedra.

Some of the posters here simply make studying the Realms and all its lore an obsession. It's interesting, but I must admit I get a little scared when I look over some of the threads here and see the same posters replying all the time. It's actually quite frightening when you consider just how far the depths of Realms knowledge reaches here.

Maybe these obsessive posters don't have much else in their lives but the Realms . . . .

Hey...

Just because I know more about the Realms than I do about our actual world... doesn't in any way mean I'm obsessed with Ed's creation.
XNedra Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 11:50:56
Thanks for replies, I feel like my head is exploding with all the free information on here. LOLOLOL. Yes it is serious but I have to keep my chin up and every day is a bonus. I will keep looking then hopefully join one.
Delzounblood Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 11:17:53
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

No, no yet, XNedra. I'll look into it ... some day. Gotta lower my book-pile first tho ...

LOWER your book pile.... You keep buying the damn things off me Mace

XNedra sorry to here you are ill, nothing to serious I hope.

Re online play some one on the boards I can't remember who was running a PBE game.

Don't feel bad about not knowing as much lore as some people here on the board, I myself have come back to the realms after a stupid act years ago when I sold ALL my D&D stuff so now I am getting back into it and all the bloody changes! though I still prefer 2e over 3.5e.

I may chip in here and there on the board with what help I can but next to some I know very little! it seems.

Relax Read and enjoy, Your in good company.

Delz
Tyr Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 11:11:28
You mean like Dragonlance and dice bags?
Jorkens Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 07:53:59
quote:

You're not dumb XNedra.

Some of the posters here simply make studying the Realms and all its lore an obsession. It's interesting, but I must admit I get a little scared when I look over some of the threads here and see the same posters replying all the time. It's actually quite frightening when you consider just how far the depths of Realms knowledge reaches here.

Maybe these obsessive posters don't have much else in their lives but the Realms . . . .

Well, I think most of us have much knowledge about some things and less about others (well Sage and Kuje seem to have the whole thing covered); for me at least, it is more a question of knowing where to look for answers than actual knowledge. That and don't trying to remember everything elven related, which leaves me with a lot of space to fill other Realms-lore in my head.

And I think the obsessive have as many distractions and pleasures outside of the Realms as all others.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 06:58:24
No, no yet, XNedra. I'll look into it ... some day. Gotta lower my book-pile first tho ...
XNedra Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 00:22:02
Mace, have you tried David Eddings.
His collections are really good. The Belgariad, The Malleorean, Belgareth the Sorcerer, Polgara the Sorceress and The Rivan Codex. The other set is The Elenium followed by the Tamuli.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:52:42
Well, 'tis obsession here...then again I AM obsessive compulsive, although I am taking a break from reading Realms novels atm, needing to read some other stuff...need...naw...want!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:49:07
quote:

You're not dumb XNedra.

It's not as much an obsession, as it is something I've been following since around 1989. You spend that much time going over material, both old and new, and you're bound to pick up a factoid or two.
Kuje Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:43:45
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

Welcome to the party from one who gets routinely dummified.

at least we don't get mummified....yet

Grin. :)

And really, it's no different then how some people can sprout sports figures/players from memory, etc.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:40:22
quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

at least we don't get mummified....yet
XNedra Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:27:24
To be honest I am the same at the moment, as I said due to illness I am rediscovering the realms through my books, and also this site now. I still cannot believe how informative it is. I used to write a lot of campaigns and I am thinking of starting again but I think that being away from the realms for so long means I have to relearn everything.
D-brane Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:20:29
You're not dumb XNedra.

WalkerNinja Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 22:52:08

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000