Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Eytans new FR article to begin this month

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 09 Feb 2007 : 02:28:35
From February and beyond

"Eytan Bernstein brings a Forgotten Realms take on classes as well, in a new mini-series"

I wonder if this will cover the expanded class like Knight, War mage , Favoured soul etc
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EytanBernstein Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 11:04:05
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

My hands are full finishing up the last few entries of Class Chronicles (we're just about half way through now) and something else I can't talk about.

The House of Mysteries in Saerloon "got nothin' on you", Sir!

Haha! Thinking of myself and the word mysterious in the same sentence somehow seems really funny. If it weren't for NDAs, in general, I'd be happy to tell you guys everything. I have a feeling a lot of designers feel the same way. But for now, I guess I can hind behind the mystique of the dreaded NDA.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 05:50:43
quote:

My hands are full finishing up the last few entries of Class Chronicles (we're just about half way through now) and something else I can't talk about.

The House of Mysteries in Saerloon "got nothin' on you", Sir!
EytanBernstein Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 00:02:06
Thanks. Whenever I have an interesting idea for a new mechanic, I try to incorporate it. The Factotum thing was a matter of urgency. A lot of people really wanted it. It's entirely possible the feat could get revised or changed in a future publication, but at least it's out there now.

As for a races series, you never know, though I haven't signed on to do anything like that. My hands are full finishing up the last few entries of Class Chronicles (we're just about half way through now) and something else I can't talk about.
Razz Posted - 18 Jun 2007 : 21:47:06
Love this series, Eytan. I love how you introduce new game mechanics, too. I love the new feats, especially the Font of Inspiration feat for Factotums to help increase their inspiration points. You must've seen my gripe about that on ENWorld.

Can't wait to see more, and I hope you take on a bigger challenge...a Races Chronicles and help root in new races like the Aventi, Skarn, Goliaths, Raptorans, Illumians, etc.
MerrikCale Posted - 19 May 2007 : 20:32:30
this series has been great so far hasn't it?
PaulBestwick Posted - 29 Mar 2007 : 12:15:02
The second part of the Warlocks article is up
MerrikCale Posted - 08 Mar 2007 : 02:24:48
he's not bluffing.
Garen Thal Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 05:57:49
I knew it! I knew you were bluffing!
I knew he was...
bluffing.

( Couldn't resist. Sorry. )
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 05:53:18
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

no fair

Well, I suppose that depends -- am I bluffing?

Cheers
MerrikCale Posted - 07 Mar 2007 : 01:56:56
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Hmm . . . . .

quote:
Originally posted by nbnmare

I'm hoping this isn't so, as I'd very much like to see the warlock, favored soul, and spellthief make an appearance in this series.

Gee whiz, Eytan, whatever could be next? [Ahem, ahem]

Cheers

no fair
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 06 Mar 2007 : 22:31:44
Hmm . . . . .

quote:

I'm hoping this isn't so, as I'd very much like to see the warlock, favored soul, and spellthief make an appearance in this series.

Gee whiz, Eytan, whatever could be next? [Ahem, ahem]

Cheers
Archwizard Posted - 01 Mar 2007 : 02:01:14
I liked how you differentiated them from Bladesingers and gave them a distinct tradition and history.
MerrikCale Posted - 01 Mar 2007 : 01:52:02
I thought it was great. I didn't really like the class to begin with, now I want to play a FR duskblade
EytanBernstein Posted - 28 Feb 2007 : 21:29:16
Thanks indeed. Part of me wanted to do the same for knights, but I realized that knights are among the easiest to adapt classes because their roles are so clearly defined. The duskblade, on the other hand, really needed some definition.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 28 Feb 2007 : 14:30:04
I like too much of the excellent way that the author incorporate the duskblades in the Realmslore, in the new article.

Excellent, IMHO.
Dargoth Posted - 28 Feb 2007 : 05:25:49
The latest ones up

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070228
Kajehase Posted - 23 Feb 2007 : 17:08:58
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn

I concur. I'd love to see a twist on the Warlock that drops the alignment restrictions for the Realms and relates more directly to the weave than some diabolical ancestry.

quote:

Great article indeed . As well as those ethnic groups mentioned in the article, I personally would expect to find dragon shamans amongst the bedine (blue and brass), the barbarians of icewind dale (white), and the nomads of the Land of the Lions (mainly copper). Besides the races already said to have dragon shamans, there are almost certainly several firenewt dragon shamans (all red), and there are probably a few wemic dragon shamans (mainly bronze). If there were such a thing as abyssal dragon shamans, the khaasta would be the perfect fit for them.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused; the opening paragraph of the article mentions new classes from multiple sources, while the second paragraph states that this article is "the first in a series that will provide information on how the PHB II classes can be incorporated into the Realms". Does this mean classes from other sourcebooks won't be covered? I'm hoping this isn't so, as I'd very much like to see the warlock, favored soul, and spellthief make an appearance in this series.

You may want to check out Complete Mage then.
MerrikCale Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 23:47:43
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn

I concur. I'd love to see a twist on the Warlock that drops the alignment restrictions for the Realms and relates more directly to the weave than some diabolical ancestry.

Not I. I prefer the way they were created. Its a good explanation for their "spell like" powers
bitter thorn Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 12:04:55
quote:

Other sourcebooks will most definitely covered. The article got split into two pieces; the intro was meant to just introduce the fact that the series will be covering classes from a large number of books. That's probably why it's a little confusing in the beginning.

Outstanding!
bitter thorn Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 12:03:28

quote:

Great article indeed . As well as those ethnic groups mentioned in the article, I personally would expect to find dragon shamans amongst the bedine (blue and brass), the barbarians of icewind dale (white), and the nomads of the Land of the Lions (mainly copper). Besides the races already said to have dragon shamans, there are almost certainly several firenewt dragon shamans (all red), and there are probably a few wemic dragon shamans (mainly bronze). If there were such a thing as abyssal dragon shamans, the khaasta would be the perfect fit for them.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused; the opening paragraph of the article mentions new classes from multiple sources, while the second paragraph states that this article is "the first in a series that will provide information on how the PHB II classes can be incorporated into the Realms". Does this mean classes from other sourcebooks won't be covered? I'm hoping this isn't so, as I'd very much like to see the warlock, favored soul, and spellthief make an appearance in this series.

Dargoth Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 01:31:53
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

From the Questions for Eytan Bernstein scroll:-

quote:
I'm honestly not sure how often they will be released. I had originally thought once every two weeks, but then the first article got split into two parts. I'd guess once every 1-2 weeks, but that's just a guess and nothing more.

Damn I was hoping the realms was finally going to get weekly articles
The Sage Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 01:00:32
From the Questions for Eytan Bernstein scroll:-

quote:
I'm honestly not sure how often they will be released. I had originally thought once every two weeks, but then the first article got split into two parts. I'd guess once every 1-2 weeks, but that's just a guess and nothing more.

Dargoth Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 00:49:30
Eytan is this a weekly article?
EytanBernstein Posted - 17 Feb 2007 : 22:27:07
More recent or capstone classes may end up coming quite late, but I do hope to cover them.
MerrikCale Posted - 17 Feb 2007 : 02:08:07
It was a good article, exactly what I was hoping for. I hope some of my faves are covered like scouts, swashbucklers, favored souls, spirit shamans, etc. I would love to see him tackle things like incarnates and swordsages.
EytanBernstein Posted - 16 Feb 2007 : 21:31:02
Other sourcebooks will most definitely covered. The article got split into two pieces; the intro was meant to just introduce the fact that the series will be covering classes from a large number of books. That's probably why it's a little confusing in the beginning.
nbnmare Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 12:35:36

EytanBernstein Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 08:55:08
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Next week should be the Duskblade and the Knight

Hey Eytan how come you didnt tie the Dragon Sharmans to the Cult of the Dragon, Tchazzar (and the other 2 Ascended Dragons)and the Blood of Morueme?

I thought I did tie them to the Cult of the Dragon. As for the others, partly it was a space consideration and partly, as mentioned by others, I wanted to keep the class somewhat more rustic (likely to be seen among "uncivilized" humans or goblinoids)
Jorkens Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 07:23:59
Great work Eytan, even for a 2ed. fan like me, this article is both great reading and good plot hooks. Look forward to the next installment.
Dargoth Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 04:08:48
Next week should be the Duskblade and the Knight

Hey Eytan how come you didnt tie the Dragon Sharmans to the Cult of the Dragon, Tchazzar (and the other 2 Ascended Dragons)and the Blood of Morueme?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000