Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pending departure

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 18 Jan 2007 : 08:52:35
Well met

Just to inform ye all that I will be venturing beyond the gates of Candlekeep for a week as from the morrow. My fellow moderators will be here to keep things in order of course, but bear in mind that no admin duties will be performed during my absence.

I will respond to any emails upon my return. If ye haven't had a response by the start of February then please contact me again.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 05:09:31
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Sigh. When will guys learn that you don't have to drink too much to have a good time?
Just a little.
You need a friendly lass.
Like me.
Who doesn't mind taking her clothes off in public to serve as the table.
You need a venue where this will be tolerated.
You need small amounts of booze and some sort of dessert (icing; REAL whipped cream, not flatulent false gick from an aerosol can; chocolate sauce; apple pie) that can be smeared. The former gets decanted into my navel, the latter adorn my upper alps.
Gents take turns eating and drinking, and everybody gets a chance for friendly conversation (and other fun) before, after, and during.
No one hides my clothes, and everyone goes home happy. Games of wit are encouraged, to decide who I go home with (groom to be gets a head start, and wins all ties).
See?
Now pressy my easy button.
love to all,
THO

Hmmm... the Lady K is planning a few "big" things for my birthday this year.

Hopefully, she'll read this between now and then, so it'll make it plenty easy for me to tell her what I really want for my birthday present!

Apparently LadyK, Sage wants his birthday present to be Sleeping on the couch for the next month!
The Sage Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 05:05:28
quote:

Sigh. When will guys learn that you don't have to drink too much to have a good time?
Just a little.
Like me.
You need small amounts of booze and some sort of dessert (icing; REAL whipped cream, not flatulent false gick from an aerosol can; chocolate sauce; apple pie) that can be smeared. The former gets decanted into my navel, the latter adorn my upper alps.
Gents take turns eating and drinking, and everybody gets a chance for friendly conversation (and other fun) before, after, and during.
No one hides my clothes, and everyone goes home happy. Games of wit are encouraged, to decide who I go home with (groom to be gets a head start, and wins all ties).
See?
love to all,
THO

Hmmm... the Lady K is planning a few "big" things for my birthday this year.

Hopefully, she'll read this between now and then, so it'll make it plenty easy for me to tell her what I really want for my birthday present!
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 04:28:06
You know Ive never seen the point in getting rolling drunk maybe its cause when Ive had to much to drink to much I just get sleepy which tends to stop the drinking process by itself, never had a hang over either
scererar Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 04:11:32
THO,you are invited to every party, from here on out Matter of fact, you don't need an invite, just come on in
The Hooded One Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 03:54:55
Just a little.
Like me.
See?
love to all,
THO
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 03:45:02
The groom was in sad shape the next morning, though he was better than he had been late the night before. En route to Church Street Station, he was the happy lovable drunk... He proclaimed that he had important info to share -- that he'd hit himself in the face. He introduced me to the guy sitting next to him about 5 times. And once we were there, he happily started talking about his upcoming nuptials to a homeless couple.

And then the next stage of drunkeness hit.

It's difficult to carry someone a few blocks when their feet insist on doing strange things -- when they were working at all -- and when frequent stops have to be made so that the sidewalk can be decorated.

And it was later difficult to convince the groom that he was, in fact, done worshipping the porcelain goddess, and that he just needed to go to bed. He actually had to be pulled away from that particular altar. Despite his assertations that leaving the bathroom was a bad idea, he was soon snoring louder than a banshee.

How was he the next morn? Well, to continue using the smileys as illustrations:
The Sage Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 01:45:47
Consider yourself fortunate then.

Once, after finding myself in a similar situation, I awoke to find two individuals wearing noticably less... upon emerging from the showers!

-- Hmmm... Maybe that's why I try to avoid "Temple" these days.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 01:26:11
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm back, too... The wedding and reception were both great.

But the bachelor party... I had more fun listening to the groom, once the alcohol hit, then I did watching the stripper. He was a riot, all by himself.

One of the first things I saw on the morning after the bachelor party was two pasty-white Englishmen in their briefs. Let me tell you, that is not the way to start a morning.

You didnt wake up in bed with them did you?

Maybe Wooly should have layed off the booze!

Nope. That was the sight that greeted me when I stepped into the bathroom and heard a "Good morning!" from the adjoining room. I muttered "Not a pretty sight." and continued about my business.

I had a good amount of beer that night, but only enough to get buzzed.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 01:17:38
"Those aren't pillows"

Nuff said.
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 00:49:56
quote:

But the bachelor party... I had more fun listening to the groom, once the alcohol hit, then I did watching the stripper. He was a riot, all by himself.

One of the first things I saw on the morning after the bachelor party was two pasty-white Englishmen in their briefs. Let me tell you, that is not the way to start a morning.

You didnt wake up in bed with them did you?

Maybe Wooly should have layed off the booze!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 00:33:42

The Sage Posted - 28 Jan 2007 : 12:40:48
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

and this, it appears to be some form or lingeri... why I oughta!!
Oh wait, I know where that's...

Errr..., I mean, ah. Oh, nothing. Carry on!

Alaundo Posted - 28 Jan 2007 : 11:45:26
Well met

Oh shucks, it looks like i've missed all the fun whilst i've been away

So, i'm back (and in one piece) and it looks like my fellow moderators have kept Candlekep in reasonable order and... hold on, what's this tankard mark on my scroll ...and this, it appears to be some form or lingeri... why I oughta!!

Time for me to settle down and work through the new scrolls penned over the past week. For those who have sent emails and PM's, i'll be replying over the next day or so.

Ahh, it's good to be back
Delzounblood Posted - 24 Jan 2007 : 23:59:34
This sounds like the ideal time to start up some Proper Music and get the dwarven moshpit going!! Where's Mace I need to SLAMDANCE!

Ahh Watching Pole-Dancers, Moshing & Drinking Beer while the boss is away.......... BLISS

And I don't mean the wife!

Actually Mace if your reading this PM me re Music

Delz
The Sage Posted - 24 Jan 2007 : 23:38:23
quote:

And, in just a few hours, I myself will be traveling... My girlfriend's brother is getting married this weekend, and we leave after work tonight.

We're doing the bachelor party tomorrow night, in Orlando. I'm not sure why we're driving back down to there to do it... But my girlfriend doesn't have a problem with me going, so it's all good. As I commented to a friend, tomorrow I'll be staring at silicone "software" instead of silicon hardware.
Have a blast Wooly!

quote:
Y'all behave until Sunday! The dancing girls have already got Arky and Sage distracted, and Big Al is gone, too...
Shhh!

Are you trying to get me into trouble with the Lady K? I'm still trying to explain the presence of the Dancing Girls from last time...
Delzounblood Posted - 24 Jan 2007 : 20:34:54
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Yesss! Finally I can do my grand (nude) ballet of Deep Purple meets Electric Sun.

might ye be a Prince Fan?

Prince the only guy to try to look cool sat astride a 250cc
HaHa

Sorry a bit off topic there but you got to laugh (just don't tell the wife she's a Prince Fan, I had to buy her A Purple Rain Gold Disc for her birthday!)

Delz
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jan 2007 : 17:32:36
And, in just a few hours, I myself will be traveling... My girlfriend's brother is getting married this weekend, and we leave after work tonight.

We're doing the bachelor party tomorrow night, in Orlando. I'm not sure why we're driving back down to there to do it... But my girlfriend doesn't have a problem with me going, so it's all good. As I commented to a friend, tomorrow I'll be staring at silicone "software" instead of silicon hardware.

Y'all behave until Sunday! The dancing girls have already got Arky and Sage distracted, and Big Al is gone, too...
Enialus Meliamne Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 10:57:08
Holy De-clothed Lasses Batman! This thread had me ROLLING at the desk! Whips...Discipline...wow...and just...wow! Okay...before my imagination runs away with me, back to reading about Lore on here. Have a GREAT day all!
Jorkens Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 10:21:05
Well, as things are turning out I am dropping out of the contest (sorry Dargoth) this will be more fun to watch! Poor Alaundo, he chose the wrong week to travel.
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 06:47:57
quote:

Besides, I want to see The Sage's reaction to us.
(I'll be watching his face, just his face . . .)
Of course you would, my Lady... Of course you would.

-- Just thinking about this, I'm curious as to what Alaundo's going to say about this discussion once he gets back.
The Hooded One Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 05:28:09
Ooooh, yes please, Lady K.
I'd like that.
As we both watch Rinonalyrna Fathomlin.
Besides, I want to see The Sage's reaction to us.
(I'll be watching his face, just his face . . .)
And if anyone feels moved to discipline us . . . well [purrr] you already know how I welcome whips . . .
much love,
THO
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 04:13:12
Anything has to be better than the crazy Free Capella discussion going on over there at the moment...
BlackAce Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 03:40:27
Whoever said talking about pen and paper games over the internet is stupid was a fool.

I'm mean, I stroll in from CBT having indulded in much orbital bombardment mayhem and find free strippers! Hot ones too.
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 02:14:05
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

quote:

Ah! Reduced to free strippers AGAIN?
All right, all right, I still remember (from about six minutes ago; a gal has to keep in practice ) how these things all come off . . .
love in all sorts of ways,
THO
It isn't that difficult, when you've had practice.

Do you want me to help?
Careful. Anything more and Wooly, Arky and I will have to start charging admission.

quote:
Is this really what you do with your time here, Sage?

My fellow scribes can vouch for my handling of proper "Sagely" duties here at Candlekeep.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 01:49:14
Oh, I don't think I want to know.
Dargoth Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 01:12:46
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

quote:

My Lady, are you at all familiar with the provocative movements of the Calishite Dancing Girls? I ask, mainly, because I recall that several of them still remain within these halls -- who were former guests of the Furry One during Alaundo's recent holiday...

Perhaps both you and the Dancing Girls could arrange a joint-performance?

You dont know the half of it!
Lady Kazandra Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 00:53:41
quote:

Ah! Reduced to free strippers AGAIN?
All right, all right, I still remember (from about six minutes ago; a gal has to keep in practice ) how these things all come off . . .
love in all sorts of ways,
THO
It isn't that difficult, when you've had practice.

Do you want me to help?

quote:

My Lady, are you at all familiar with the provocative movements of the Calishite Dancing Girls? I ask, mainly, because I recall that several of them still remain within these halls -- who were former guests of the Furry One during Alaundo's recent holiday...

Perhaps both you and the Dancing Girls could arrange a joint-performance?
Kajehase Posted - 20 Jan 2007 : 18:45:53
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I'll strip for free too!

I feel that as Citizen In the Nation With the Highest Equality Between the Sexes* (well, outside the boardrooms at least) I should say something to the effect of: "Cease this objectification of the female form forthwith!"

...However, since it's for free I'll assume that all offers are made by women who are fully free and liberated and proud of their appeareance, so instead I'll just say: "I call a seat in the front row!"

*Not to mention smuggest nation in the world about it
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Jan 2007 : 09:12:11
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens
An artist must always suffer and be misunderstood

I usually only suffer
Jorkens Posted - 20 Jan 2007 : 07:50:25
quote:

Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand
I was thinking vats of acid...but flamestrikes will do.

Yesss! Finally I can do my grand (nude) ballet of Deep Purple meets Electric Sun. Nice of you and Dargoth to offer to handle the special effects. Just watch the hair and beard. One has to have some pride.

OK, Sage I get the point, I will scurry back to the writing desk. An artist must always suffer and be misunderstood

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000