Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Character trapped in Pact Certain (Faustian Pact)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boddynock Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 00:37:21
Well guys, I'm just back from an evening dungeons and dragons and I must confess it was a dramatic ending. One of the guys from my campaign, an elf called Evaryan, made a pact with a devil. The plot was that in his youth his True Love dissapeared mysteriously. The girl was taken by devils and brought to hell for an eternity of abuse. The reason behind this abduction was that Asmodeus forsaw that a young elf called Evaryan could destroy one of his lesser plans. To make sure that Evaryan couldn't do anything that can harm one of his plans he abducted the girl. I always had the intention to make a fantastic ending when Evaryan goes to hell to save his girl, but now something I didn't forsee happened. I sent a devil to Evaryan to bargain for the live and soul of the girl (By Pact Primeval the devil could not lay claim on the soul of the girl but he tried to trick Evaryan to give his own soul to ransom the girl.) After the bargain, Evaryan signed the contract and pledged his soul to Asmodeus, the lord of the pit. He got the girl back but not like he wanted. The years of torment has signed the girl so she was mentally a wreck. After seeing the girl Evaryan died when the roof of the building he was in collapsed.

The character not only lost his life but also his soul to the forces of evil. Everyone in the group was silent and shocked. Even I as DM, looked confused and didn't understand why he signed the pact. Later the player told me that Evaryan would do anything to get the girl back, even is he must forsake his own life.

It was a very good session with a dark ending.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dargoth Posted - 18 Jan 2007 : 00:00:15
quote:
Originally posted by boddynock

This is also a novel I don't have. Most of the novels I have are about Drizzt. I also have a few others like Daughter of the drow, baldur's gate, avatar series & the 2 novels about cyric :)

BTW, I talked about my player and he find it a good idea to play the wench. Lol, I think we should have a lot of fun wandering with a girl who is a mental wreck.

Basicly it was an Evil Elven Kiira which could steal people memories through another group of massed produced gems called dream spheres
boddynock Posted - 15 Jan 2007 : 20:59:38
This is also a novel I don't have. Most of the novels I have are about Drizzt. I also have a few others like Daughter of the drow, baldur's gate, avatar series & the 2 novels about cyric :)

BTW, I talked about my player and he find it a good idea to play the wench. Lol, I think we should have a lot of fun wandering with a girl who is a mental wreck.
Dargoth Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 22:55:45
quote:

Dargoth, that's really a nice plothook. I'm going to talk with my player about that option. Can you give me a little bit more information about those Elven Memory stones, because I did not read that novel.

:)

Actually its not Blackstaff its Dreamspheres by Elaine Cunningham
boddynock Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 13:57:30
Dargoth, that's really a nice plothook. I'm going to talk with my player about that option. Can you give me a little bit more information about those Elven Memory stones, because I did not read that novel.

:)
Dargoth Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 12:33:32
quote:

The third option is one that should be suicide for the party. They are between level 8 and 10 so :-)

I suppose I will take the hellbred option. Evaryan signed the pact when he was emotionally very weak. I think I will give him the option to plead in the hell court and so give him the change to reincarnate as a Hellbred. (The forces of Evil will be amused to see Evaryan struggle for his soul, something that is nearly impossible to fullfit). And maybe I can try to corrupt other partymembers but I don't think they will be so stupid to sign the pact :-)

The other option is the original one I posted to your session ie let the player play his dead character mentally unstable girlfriend as a replacement character.

You could also play up Asmodeous prophecy and make his Faustian pact backfire on him. To quote Yoda: Difficult to read is the future always in motion.

When asmodeous performed his diviniation he got a response that an Elf by the name of Evaryan would destroy one his plans (Hence his plan to eliminate the players character) however divinations arent the literal truth, lets say Evaryan girlfriend is cured of her mental illiness (I give an example of how this could be done in a previous post) she releases what Evaryan did to save her and she devotes her life to tracking down and destroying devils and their plots. In effect Asmodeous own attempts at manipulating the future create the situation he was trying to avoid (come on youve got to love poetic justice!)

boddynock Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 11:38:10
The third option is one that should be suicide for the party. They are between level 8 and 10 so :-)

I suppose I will take the hellbred option. Evaryan signed the pact when he was emotionally very weak. I think I will give him the option to plead in the hell court and so give him the change to reincarnate as a Hellbred. (The forces of Evil will be amused to see Evaryan struggle for his soul, something that is nearly impossible to fullfit). And maybe I can try to corrupt other partymembers but I don't think they will be so stupid to sign the pact :-)
Dargoth Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 10:17:34
quote:

Or is there another way that his comrades can save his soul?

3 options

1)He could recant and be reborn as a Hellbred

2)They could travel to Nine Hells and plead there case before an infernal court

3) They do a rescue mission to the Nine hells and try and free his soul before its stripped of its Individuelality (After that happans he becomes a Lemure)
boddynock Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 09:46:56
When you give your soul to one of the nine lords your soul goes to Baator. (Even if you did nothing wrong in your live and only signed the pact (--> signing the pact is worth an alignment shift to Lawful Evil).

In hell there is a change he will become a Lemure (the least of the devils) with only vague memories of his life. Later he can become another kind of devil but most of the lemures simply stay lemures until they are destroyed in the bloodwar (cannonfodder), destroyed by another more powerful type of devil (just for fun or for another reason).You see it's not a happy ending, Evaryan will never get his deserved rest.

Or is there another way that his comrades can save his soul?
Faramicos Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 04:25:26
If he gave away his soul to the devil, what happened with it after his death?
Dargoth Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 01:35:45
Get him to play the female elf hes recovered (asuming she didnt die when the roof collpsed) give her a low Int and Wis (6-8 say) then mention the Elven memory globes that appear in the Blackstaff novel, if she manages to find one she can drain all her memories of the nine hells into it (then give her full Int and Wis back)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000