Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Duchy of Daggerfords coat of arms?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 22:17:37

Anyone know whats on the Duchy of Daggerfords coat of arms?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Dec 2006 : 01:12:52
Don't know how many people here play Neverwinter Nights modules, but there is a great (and very popular) module called "Darkness over Daggerford", and the coat of arms featured within is a dagger against water. It looked nice.
Dargoth Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 23:29:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

There is a slight reference to the town's arms... on pg. 2 of the "Daggerford" supplement in The North boxed set:-

"The current Duke of Daggerford, Pwyll Daggerford (LG hm F6 [cavalier]), claims to be a descendant of this brave merchant boy, and the town's arms display a bloody silver dagger on a deep blue field."

Ahahah!

So it probably looks similar to Tyr symbol minus the Hammer and scales
Dargoth Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 23:26:36
Sounds like its never been detailed, looks like ill have to throw it over to Ed
The Sage Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 23:24:23
There is a slight reference to the town's arms... on pg. 2 of the "Daggerford" supplement in The North boxed set:-

"The current Duke of Daggerford, Pwyll Daggerford (LG hm F6 [cavalier]), claims to be a descendant of this brave merchant boy, and the town's arms display a bloody silver dagger on a deep blue field."
Kuje Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 23:12:04
Actually, Daggerford is named because a lad used a dagger to defend/ward off a raiding band of lizardmen at one of the fords.

Don't recall a coat of arms for Daggerford though.
Kentinal Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 23:08:52
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I looked in The North and Hordes of Dragonspear and couldnt find anything (Im guessing the Dukes and Daggerfords coat of Arms have a Dagger on it in some way)

Perhaps a question for Ed, however in RW coat of arms was sybol based of faily history (or claims of powers) as to what repersented them.

Sword, Sun, Water, Air, deity and so on. The name daggerfards likely is a description of a ford with sharp rocks in it as a landscape feature. It could also of course mean a ford protected by daggers. If the community itself has a coat of arms it might reflect the nature of a ford that provides protection, a Duke however taking adventage of such a ford would not likely claim daggers reperset their noble line. A dagger is the tool of an assassin, the sword a weapon of a noble.
Dargoth Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 22:49:34
I looked in The North and Hordes of Dragonspear and couldnt find anything (Im guessing the Dukes and Daggerfords coat of Arms have a Dagger on it in some way)
Kentinal Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 22:43:13
I do not believe one has been established. As far as it goes in coat of arms are that of a family in general not a realm itself. The ruler coats of arms used to repersent a nation as long as that power maintained control.

There are some references to free towns having a posible coat of arms for watch and guard.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000