Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Black Crater in Tilverton

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Melandren_Lightfoot Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 00:20:55
I'm working on details for my campaign dealing with the Black Crater at Tilverton. I'm not sure what book that storyline is in, but my question is about the black sphere there, and what it is...is it part of the Shadow Weave?

If it is part of the Shadow Weave, would the 3rd level spell Rend Shadow Weave disrupt the sphere? That seems too easy, or it would be gone by now, but I'm curious why it still persists years later, and if there are potentially more of these shadow spheres elsewhere in the realms.

Thanks,
Melandren

Mod Edit: Found this scroll floating in the ether...
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ergdusch Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 08:37:53
quote:
Originally posted by Sanishiver

The Dragon Magazine adventure "The Door from Everywhere" (sorry can't remember the exact name at the moment) touches on the topic of the black void long enough to say it's such a dangerous thing that any PC who evades Cormyrian patrols and tries to enter the void is forever lost and can never be returned.

Well, IIRC the name of the article was indeed "The Door from Everywhere" written by Roger E. Moore and it was published in the Dungeon Magazine #88.
Sanishiver Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 08:07:51
The Dragon Magazine adventure "The Door from Everywhere" (sorry can't remember the exact name at the moment) touches on the topic of the black void long enough to say it's such a dangerous thing that any PC who evades Cormyrian patrols and tries to enter the void is forever lost and can never be returned. Such a PC should have their character sheat ripped up and the player start over with a new character.

So yeah "nasty" as Kuje said 100%.

As a DM I would rule Rend Shadow Weave will disrupt the sphere, but such that something horrible and nasty is allowed out of the sphere a moment before is closes back up.

Good luck and may Tymora smile on thee!
Kuje Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 02:21:18
The events of the sphere are detailed in the Return of the Archwizards trilogy and in the tale that connects with Tilverton in Realms of Shadow.

Basically it was created when Weave and Shadow Weave energies fought with each other and made a nasty. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000