Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favorite Bad Guy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mythander Posted - 14 Jul 2003 : 22:49:51
The people you love to hate and the people you hate to love. Who do you root for or hope will take a fall.

They can make the list for the following attributes:

1} Power

2} Style

3} Lethal

4} Manipulative
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DrizzitFan Posted - 28 Jul 2003 : 03:28:29
Roddy McGristle, for his tenacity n never give up attitude, misplaced as it is "damned drow took my ear and killed my dog".....

Go Roddy Go Roddy Go (lol)
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 19:42:45
Jarlaxle and Elaith Craulnober are the two I think make great bad guys. (Since I haven't read about most of the others mentioned). Both are quite cunning. Jarlaxle is definitely manipulative. Elaith is Lethal. (thinking back to Elfsong).
Mythander Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 16:58:37
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Maybe you should start a new scroll on favorite WotSQ scenes only, instead of the older Best Battle Scene scroll.

That is a wonderful idea Sage.
The Sage Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 07:43:03
I can agree with that. I am eagerly anticipating what the next books will indeed bring concerning these characters.

Mournblade Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 06:40:28
HAH well since I am in love with Quenthel just about any scene with her in it

No really there are others. I love Pharaun and Ryld. ABout time they made a really good MAGE character (as a main character, not including elminster)

The Sage Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 02:25:18
A very deep and powerful lesson indeed . I also found that particular scene intensive as well Mournblade. Do you have any other favorites?. Maybe you should start a new scroll on favorite WotSQ scenes only, instead of the older Best Battle Scene scroll.

Mournblade Posted - 21 Jul 2003 : 23:19:27
I was so adrenalized when Pharaun told Jagreth the demonspawn:

"Never Touch me Again..." I so want Pharaun to flay Jagreth. I like Jagreth, but I am tired of him pushing everyone around. I think Pharaun needs to give him a lesson.

Mythander Posted - 21 Jul 2003 : 16:29:17
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

[quote]Originally posted by Mournblade

I cannot beleive how GREAT of characters Ryld, Pharaun, and Nimor are. I am so THRILLED with the last three War of the Spider Queen books.

Indeed!!!

I feel like the entire casting call of the Spider Queen books is pure quality. The dynamics between all of the characters is great. I feel that they play off each other very well.
Lord Rad Posted - 19 Jul 2003 : 09:10:32
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

I cannot beleive how GREAT of characters Ryld, Pharaun, and Nimor are. I am so THRILLED with the last three War of the Spider Queen books. Furthermore, I can pick out each individual authors style, but they have a SEAMLESS switch when writing character personalities. They are doing a great job. Pharaun of Dissolution is the same as Pharaun of Condemnation. Good job to the authors.

I couldnt agree more, Mournblade. Not wanting to get off topic and talk about the novels, but the authors did indeed to a great job in keeping the flavor of the characters from novel to novel. Pharaun and Ryld (as a companionship, if you can call it that ) are in my top 5 favorite FR characters!
Zimeros Posted - 18 Jul 2003 : 21:18:21
The true power of the evil, I think, not is a evil people that make evil things, is a great groups(organizations) that make great evil events. My favorite are:
-The Dragon's cult
-The Red mages of thay
-The Zentharim
-The Thiefs of shadows
-The Xanathar's group of rogues
The Sage Posted - 18 Jul 2003 : 03:06:20
Mournblade said -
quote:
Furthermore, I can pick out each individual authors style, but they have a SEAMLESS switch when writing character personalities. They are doing a great job.
I can agree with that. In fact that has been (along with the actual story) one of the better aspects about this FR series.

Mournblade Posted - 17 Jul 2003 : 20:42:07
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

MuadDib I suggest you look here for information on Nimor Imphraezl. Although I should warn you, that article contains spoilers for the WotSQ novel Condemnation.

I cannot beleive how GREAT of characters Ryld, Pharaun, and Nimor are. I am so THRILLED with the last three War of the Spider Queen books. Furthermore, I can pick out each individual authors style, but they have a SEAMLESS switch when writing character personalities. They are doing a great job. Pharaun of Dissolution is the same as Pharaun of Condemnation. Good job to the authors.
The Sage Posted - 17 Jul 2003 : 10:25:01
MuadDib I suggest you look here for information on Nimor Imphraezl. Although I should warn you, that article contains spoilers for the WotSQ novel Condemnation.

MuadDib Posted - 17 Jul 2003 : 08:13:55
A quick aside question:

Who are Pharaun Mizzrym, and Nimor Imphraezl?
Yasraena Posted - 17 Jul 2003 : 04:41:33
My favorites so far:

Power - Manshoon or Fzoul Chembryl
Style - Jarlaxle or Pharaun Mizzrym
Lethality - Aretmis Entreri
Manipulative - Nimor Imphraezl
Mythander Posted - 16 Jul 2003 : 17:31:29
quote:
Originally posted by Malanthius

This is probably going to sound strange, but my favorite villain is Malik, the Seraph of lies.
You've just got to love watching him try to do all these horrible things, and never really succeed or even be all that good at being bad. I've never seen a villian so human before.

I don't think that sounds strange at all. He is a great charecter! I love the fact that he can only tell the truth.
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 16 Jul 2003 : 17:15:40
Was Malik in Return of the Archwizards? Bad guy, but always had to tell the truth? Gotta love that.
Malanthius Posted - 16 Jul 2003 : 09:49:01
This is probably going to sound strange, but my favorite villain is Malik, the Seraph of lies.
You've just got to love watching him try to do all these horrible things, and never really succeed or even be all that good at being bad. I've never seen a villian so human before.
zemd Posted - 16 Jul 2003 : 07:49:32
Jarlaxle is cool too. As for Eldaith, he isn't completly a bad guy. He has more depth than just "i'm the bad guy, i'll just try to rule the world".
In my campaign i try to make my villains not 'just evil'. For example, there are clones that attacks my pc. They are evil but they are also controled by a powerful entity so they envy the players that can make their own descisions. Just to make understand that they are evil but they didn't choose
MuadDib Posted - 16 Jul 2003 : 06:08:59
Elaith Craulnober is cool

and the Mel Odom trilogy is a quartet although book three of four is a collection of short stories not written by him so i didn't include it

Sea of Fallen Stars is one book, cant remember the rest

All about the Sahaugin attacking the sword coast and and the inner sea
Mythander Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 15:51:49
My favorite are as follows:

1} Power -Szass Tam

2} Style -Eldaith

3} Lethal - Artemis Entreri

4} Manipulative -Jarlaxle

zemd Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 15:34:19
Exactly, i don't like the idea of the EXACT opposite. It's too much Black or White. Evil is never completly evil as well for good
Bookwyrm Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 15:22:36
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

I think Artemis Entrey doesn't have everything to be THE villain. It misses something... i don't know what but i'm not very interesting in him

Maybe because he's so focused on Drizzt? In Icewind Dale, he's very professional. It's his job. However, later on, he can't think of anything but besting Drizzt. If you ask me, his best story was in The Halfling's Gem. He gets too obsessed with revenge later.
zemd Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 15:14:22
Eldaith is one of my favourite, he isn't completly a villain, but he is VERY FAR from being a good guy.
Hallaster is also fun to study.
I think Artemis Entrey doesn't have everything to be THE villain. It misses something... i don't know what but i'm not very interesting in him

What could be interesting is novels about the villain. There stories. Maybe it could fill what, IMO, misses in Artemis' character.
The Sage Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 13:52:30
I don't have access to my books, and my head is full of philosophical facts so...which Mel Odom trilogy are you talking about?.

MuadDib Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 12:05:22
Artemis Entreri,

Szass Tam has got to be one of the best villians..

basically most drow fit into that category,

but Mel Odom's trilogy introduce Iakhovas, who is a mage i guess, thousands of years old, and seems like quite a power and at least is an awesome villian (not read the third book yet - I CANT FIND IT)

In the fall of mythdrannor, those three demon brothers are quite cool....gotta restecpa the power there.

Jarlaxle as well is quite cool. Im undecided as to how bad he is, but he is certainly entertaining.

In some of the Elminster books, notebly crown of fire (i think) Manshoon and Elminster have some run ins. You gotta love how pathetic that guy is for the head of the Zhentarim.
The Sage Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 02:41:38
My favorite choice, it has always been the Zulkir of Necromancy, Szass Tam. He combines all the attributes you mentioned into one extraordinary villain. I liked him when I first read about him in Red Magic. The adventures he was used in, in the Spellbound campaign expansion were also good entertainment. I would like to add more, but I am pressed for time.

Maybe later...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000