Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Happy D&D Day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 09:16:20
Well, 'tis November the 4th... why Wizards chose this day, I have no idea, but here it is D and D day

Keep on gaming!!!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Delzounblood Posted - 21 Nov 2006 : 12:40:55
Why wait for Friday

anyday of the week hs a Y in it surely thats just cause!
hic.
Delz
Zimme Posted - 21 Nov 2006 : 12:33:01
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

We celebrated it with a gaming session, where my char Rannek got to shine, that does not happen so often(cursed dice!!). We use any oppertunity to celebrate, Its just in our nature! =)

This reminds me of a time when we used every opportunity to get drunk...

"Hey! It's the first Friday of the week! Let's drink!!!"

Somehow that does not surprice me Mace you are afterall a dwarf!
turox Posted - 14 Nov 2006 : 17:40:30
I was not aware that the 4th was D&D day and I was on vacation from work. (No internet at home...yet) When I got back I found out 1 of my FLGS's had Keith Baker there. (Designer of that Eb... game or so I was told) A couple of people I game with went and had a good time. Guess they had a mini tourney with the winner of it getting a colossal red dragon.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 14 Nov 2006 : 15:13:21
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

We celebrated it with a gaming session, where my char Rannek got to shine, that does not happen so often(cursed dice!!). We use any oppertunity to celebrate, Its just in our nature! =)

This reminds me of a time when we used every opportunity to get drunk...

"Hey! It's the first Friday of the week! Let's drink!!!"
Zimme Posted - 14 Nov 2006 : 12:56:33
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 13 Nov 2006 : 13:00:19
Oh, one of the reasons we succeeded was because we used flanking to the max, and my cleric healed the wounded right after each combat.

Still, the characters were poorly done.
Aglaranna Posted - 10 Nov 2006 : 23:35:50
D'Arvit, I missed D&D day! That's my main holiday! Oh, well, I'll be ready for it next year...
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 07 Nov 2006 : 08:17:37
It is a tough bugger. Too tough IMO, the other group that went through the adventure had a TPK. Magma hurler, hellcat and some evil cleric at the end. Had the characters been done properly, which they were not, it would have still been tough but doable.

The group's Paladin had a charisma of 10... yawn. The other characters had useless feats so to speak (the cleric had extra turning...and he failed turning every single turning attempt! Useless I'd say)
Halidan Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 21:06:25
A fair number of posters over at the WotC Boards were very critical of this years D&D Day module. But, I've always had a hard time cutting through the signal to noise ratio on those boards, so I really don't trust much of what I read there.

Since I didn't get a chance to play or run it first hand, what are the opinions of the folks here at Candlekeep who either ran or played the module? Is it Good, Fair or Poor? Also, what would/did you change?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 20:39:23
I think we've discussed non-D&D stuff enough in this thread... Let's find our way back to the topic, shall we?
Halidan Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 19:02:06
quote:
Who needs football?

50,000+ rabid fans (which is that low only because we're having a bad season). Plus whatever number of assorted students and alumni who didn't buy tickets for the game but still decided to head downtown to watch the game at their favorite watering hole.

Seriously folks. When I said you can't walk downtown at certain times on a gameday, I meant it. There just isn't any room on the sidewalks or roads.

There are advantages and disadvantages to havings your FLGS in a university town. Football Saturdays are one of the disadvantages.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 17:57:32
Ahem... someone mentioned football?

I DM to my "UE" campaign here in the D&D day.
Good to the fighter/warmage, the dwarven fighter and the gnome illusionist/cleric of Baravar - all of them gain a level at the end of the session.
And the rogue played some dirt tricks in a festhall - all for the coin purse, I could hear she saying this again...
Sian Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 17:40:18
the question is still valid ... who needs american football ... or 'common' football' for that case
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 16:25:47
quote:
Originally posted by Kalin Agrivar

quote:
Who needs football?

that is american football, not soccer for you europe-types

I was aware of that
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 16:06:18
quote:
Who needs football?

that is american football, not soccer for you europe-types
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 16:02:50
quote:
Originally posted by Halidan

This was the first year my FLGS didn't host a World-Wide D&D Game Day event. Unfortunatly, in a Big-10 university town, you just don't attempt to host this kind of event on a football Saturday. There's no parking anywhere near the store, and you can't even walk down the sidewalks before and after the game. So, despite the fact that we had both players and DM's interested in running the D&D Game Day, it just wasn't practical to host it.

Who needs football?
Halidan Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 16:00:13
This was the first year my FLGS didn't host a World-Wide D&D Game Day event. Unfortunatly, in a Big-10 university town, you just don't attempt to host this kind of event on a football Saturday. There's no parking anywhere near the store, and you can't even walk down the sidewalks before and after the game. So, despite the fact that we had both players and DM's interested in running the D&D Game Day, it just wasn't practical to host it.
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 15:59:05
quote:
Was a one-shot... plus the cleric's feats were beyon crappy... the rest of the party began to make fun about my theatralics and mocked my "BEGONE CREATURE OF DARKNESS"...since it didn't work at all!!!

even more reason to give it an undead template...like the invulnerable curst

comic relief!
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 15:50:17
quote:
Originally posted by Alediran

My players (experienced group, but didn't know about the hellcat's invisibility) still made it appear with glitterdust :P, and acid burns from the acid flasks.

We lured the lava thing into the cistern and played firebrigade...

Note to all dungeon designers: Do never ever put a cistern near a place where the adventurers are supposed to meet a lava-hurler!
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 15:47:21
quote:
Originally posted by Kalin Agrivar

so who will raise your cleric?

I reccomend the reverent template

Was a one-shot... plus the cleric's feats were beyon crappy... the rest of the party began to make fun about my theatralics and mocked my "BEGONE CREATURE OF DARKNESS"...since it didn't work at all!!!
Alediran Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 15:21:22
My players (experienced group, but didn't know about the hellcat's invisibility) still made it appear with glitterdust :P, and acid burns from the acid flasks.
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 15:13:23
so who will raise your cleric?

I reccomend the reverent template
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 15:09:48
Warrior down, took an attack of opportunity by the semi-invisible cat to pour the fighter some healing potion. Next combat round got me...but a round or two after that the ftr got the cat...
Victor_ograygor Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 14:46:08
What happened Mace, since you had to sacrifice youre cleric ?
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 13:26:33
I played... and saved the party by sacrificing my cleric... was fun, haven't laughed so hard in ages
Alediran Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 12:47:37
I DMed here in Buenos Aires in the D&D Day. It was a lot of fun.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 03:29:05
I would have dropped by my FLGS, I think, but I had way too much going on yesterday. I barely even got to spend any time online, because my lady and were headed to O-town to help celebrate a friend's birthday.
EvilKnight Posted - 05 Nov 2006 : 00:40:01
We tried to host one as a Library but they only wanted game stores. We tried to hook up with a few, but... not any in our county and the Library cannot ship teens to the event.

EvilKnight
Lady Morbannaon Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 15:28:37
Happy D&D to you as well :) Unfortunatly we couldn't get any of the gaming shops around here to host on but we are there in spirit :)
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 14:15:54
This year, Wizards of the Coast set November 4th as 'World Wide D&D Day'. Information should be on the Wizard's site.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000