Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Best Character of Elaine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chosen of Lathander Posted - 08 Mar 2006 : 17:28:48
Who do you think the Elaine Cunninghams best character is?
(sorry if there are some grammar mistakes
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 12 Jan 2014 : 12:15:52
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Yeah I keep coming across interesting threads during my searches and just have to comment on them. Sorry.
No need to apologize. That was just a joke.

To the OP, is this supposed to be restricted to Elaine's FR characters? Not that I've read her non-FR works, but I'm considering, especially her Pathfinder ones.

So perhaps some scribes can share their thoughts on some of Elaine's non-FR characters?
BenN Posted - 08 Jan 2014 : 01:25:40
Thread necromancy, FTW!

I like Liriel & Elaith very much; neither is straightforward or one-dimensional.

But my favourite probably has to be Ferret from Silver Shadows. She's not a major character, but I like the idea of seeing what happens when a character is in a fish-out-of-water situation.
Fellfire Posted - 31 Dec 2013 : 18:01:27
Elaith, but how about Ka'narlist?
The Arcanamach Posted - 31 Dec 2013 : 16:13:52
Yeah I keep coming across interesting threads during my searches and just have to comment on them. Sorry.
Thauranil Posted - 31 Dec 2013 : 11:37:05
Thats easy, its Elaith Craulnober of course.
Dennis Posted - 30 Dec 2013 : 18:32:37

So many necromancers in the halls. So many "dead" scrolls are resurfacing.

Voted Liriel.
The Arcanamach Posted - 30 Dec 2013 : 16:04:46
This was a tough one but I voted Elaith...he was the most interesting character to me, followed by Danilo.
Nkoda Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 23:44:33
Elaith Craulnober ftw. I love that dark anti-hero stuff. Especially if they have an overdeveloped sense of nobility. Like Vegeta in DBZ.. lol. hehe.
QueenofShadows Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 18:38:52
Actually I think my favorite, is Laeroth RuneMaster. ^^ I'd really like to have known more about him.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 11 Jun 2008 : 21:52:44
Elaith Craulnober
Nimriel Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 21:37:30
Elaith or Danilo or Liriel, can't decide they're all great. Oh, I like the dwarwen bard from Elfsong to. But poor me havn't gotten hold of C&K and Thornhold yet.
yanic Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 20:09:54
I prefer Danilio as he made wizards cool and not lame and kept Arilyn on her toes :)
Akeri Rualuavain Posted - 04 Dec 2007 : 23:55:34
I think I like all her character. Elaith, Danilo, Arilyn, Matteo, Tzigone and Liriel. I Can't chose between them and have a faovrit. They are all great and so different. They all are the best of ther cathegorie.
GRYPHON Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 19:20:03
Elaith, Danilio, and Arilyn...
Skeptic Posted - 28 May 2007 : 04:20:19
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

In the French version, it's written this last novel was entitled "The Dream Spheres" (1999). Is it the same novel ? The cover is the same as Thornehold

Indeed in "Le prix des rêves" (which would be "The Price of Dreams"), we can read about Bronwyn Carradoon and the dwarf Ebenezer

Be carefull, because the French books series "Fleuve noir" is horrible, it does not translate the story, but shorten and simplify it a lot. In fact, I think the authors, if they knew French, would be ashamed their names are written on those books.
eldritchknight Posted - 28 May 2007 : 04:12:40
And I vote for Elaith.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 May 2007 : 11:07:56
Thornhold and The Dream Spheres are separate novels. Bronwyn and Ebenezer were in Thornhold, which was indeed the last of the Harpers series.
Fillow Posted - 23 May 2007 : 10:59:22
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:

What was the question ?
What is your preferred hero ? or what is the best character personality developped by Elaine ?

My preferred hero is Matteo. I dreamt for a so long time about a hero who would act without magic !

The best work about personality, according to me is... may be Liriel

But I do not know Ebenezer Stonemile nor Bronwyn

The last two characters are from the novel Thornehold, the last book (I think) of the Harper series. A good book.

In the French version, it's written this last novel was entitled "The Dream Spheres" (1999). Is it the same novel ? The cover is the same as Thornehold

Indeed in "Le prix des rêves" (which would be "The Price of Dreams"), we can read about Bronwyn Carradoon and the dwarf Ebenezer
Jorkens Posted - 23 May 2007 : 10:36:23
quote:

What was the question ?
What is your preferred hero ? or what is the best character personality developped by Elaine ?

My preferred hero is Matteo. I dreamt for a so long time about a hero who would act without magic !

The last two characters are from the novel Thornehold, the last book (I think) of the Harper series. A good book.
Fillow Posted - 23 May 2007 : 09:16:15
What was the question ?

Enialus Meliamne Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 10:09:20
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Lathander

Who do you think the Elaine Cunninghams best character is?
(sorry if there are some grammar mistakes

I'mm partial to Fyodor on this one, because of his berserker-ness or something...Seriously, I like him a ton and he's my favorite character by Elaine, with Liriel a close second...go figure.
Twilight Posted - 09 Nov 2006 : 07:11:54
Elaith No question about it
MaskedOne Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 17:09:10
Trizgone, probably. If Elaine can be credited with most of the work for Zalathorm then I'd pick him over anyone currently listed but otherwise Trizgone.
Aglaranna Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 23:19:41
Oh, now this is an interesting debate to watch! Elaine is way up there on my list of giants...Er, so to speak. Well, I chose Tzigone, as she and I MUST be long lost sisters! But imagine her working with Danilo...It would almost be scary...
Delzounblood Posted - 28 Oct 2006 : 10:06:59
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

Danilo...the one true heir of Giogi Wyvernspur in sheer hilariousness.

BUT...to agree with Delzounblood, if there were an award for supporting role, it would go to Jill all the way.

Never under-estimate the little guy!

Dart Ambermoon Posted - 28 Oct 2006 : 01:11:03
Danilo...the one true heir of Giogi Wyvernspur in sheer hilariousness.

BUT...to agree with Delzounblood, if there were an award for supporting role, it would go to Jill all the way.
Delzounblood Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 09:30:06
Reefy Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 02:44:53
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Now he had balls of granite.

Possibly I'm just very tired, but that had me in stitches.
Haman Posted - 23 Oct 2006 : 21:30:34
Danilo for me....

Arilyn: "Do you know the spell for invisibility?"
Danilo: "No, but if you hum a few bars, I can fake it..."
Delzounblood Posted - 23 Oct 2006 : 20:44:42
Mine favorit is not listed!!!!!

Who can forget and overlook Jill the dwarf from Silver Shadows!

Now he had balls of granite.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000