Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR adventures in Dungeon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Reefy Posted - 13 Oct 2006 : 23:32:44
I was wondering if ang sages here would care to share their opinions an any or all of the following FR adventures published in Dungeon:
The Secrets of Arch Wood (#121)
Practical Magic (#113)
Raiders of Galath's Roost (#87)
Woe to Mistledale (#100)
Euphoria Horrors (#34)
'Til Death Do Us Part (#29)
Nymph's Reward (#29)
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cards77 Posted - 16 Mar 2015 : 01:21:14
I ran Raiders of Galath's Roost, I had it placed in the Silverwood near Silverymoon in 1362 DR. It's tied back to the whole schism in the Zhent between East and West factions. Great adventure for a party with some imagination that can get into the citadel under cover. Limitless possibilities, until the gig is up then it's a blood bath.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 19:53:28
quote:
Originally posted by qstor

I'm running Raiders again in a few weeks.

You forgot to cast Resurrect Scroll ;)
qstor Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 16:03:53
I'm running Raiders again in a few weeks.
Reefy Posted - 15 Oct 2006 : 02:19:59
quote:
Originally posted by AlacLuin

If you don't mind leaveing the the Dalelands a bit
Gate from Everywhere (# 88) - Cormyr, at least I think that is it's name.
Operation Manta Ray (#? but 2ed)- Sembia to the pirate isles of the inner sea.

Of course I don't, and if the players want to go elsewhere, who am I to stop them?
AlacLuin Posted - 15 Oct 2006 : 02:05:52
If you don't mind leaveing the the Dalelands a bit
Gate from Everywhere (# 88) - Cormyr, at least I think that is it's name.
Operation Manta Ray (#? but 2ed)- Sembia to the pirate isles of the inner sea.
Reefy Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 21:58:39
Thanks for the feedback - as you might have guessed I'm running a Dales campaign and was wondering if I could slip in any of those adventures. Obviously having to convert to 3E isn't a problem for me, else I wouldn't have mentioned the older adventures - if it's a good story, having to convert is clearly worth it.
Euphoria Horrors certainly does sound amusing.
Faraer Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 15:52:27
It sounds like "Raiders of Galath's Roost" is a decent module in play. I haven't run it, but on reading it I disliked it for its lack of Realms feel and poor research (Skip didn't seem to have read the main sources where the Roost, and the Riders of Mistledale, had appeared).
sleyvas Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 13:17:10
Raiders of Galath's Roost (#87)- Very good module if you want to introduce your players to portals early on.

Woe to Mistledale (#100)- I believe this was the follow-up to Raiders

Euphoria Horrors (#34)- Hilarious. Kobolds taking "hits" off a faerie dragon's breath weapon. You have to rescue the poor thing. If you're party has never run it, gotta do it (and its easily scalable... higher level party? Ogres or trolls captured the wee beasty). Of course, you gotta update to 3e, but that's not hard on this one.

'Til Death Do Us Part (#29)- Very good story based in the outer boundaries of Myth Drannor about a banshee and some other undead. I never ran it, but was considering looking this up and converting it for my own campaign, until I just found out one of my players/coworkers is moving to San Antonio.

Nymph's Reward (#29) - Damn, this rings a bell as something I used, but I can't remember it.

Mod edit: Edited for content.
Eremite Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 02:45:29
I'm another fan of Raiders of Galath's Roost. To me that verges on being a perfect Dungeon adventure and, yes, a great way to start a Dalelands campaign or perhaps any other campaign where Zhentarim will be involved.
Brenigin Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 01:35:38
Radiers of Galath's Roost is great - in the right hands with the right party. It can turn into a hack fest very easily. It does, however, lay excellent foundations for a Dalelands campaign. Woe to Mistledale is great, especially if tied properly back to Raiders of Galath's Roost.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000