Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Guidelines for Directing Questions?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BainIthron Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 00:25:53
Righteous...
(This might be good to sticky later for info on directing questions)

So... dilemma strikes... because I have a question for an author, but I'm not sure which author specifically.

See, if it was a novel... It would be an easy decision. One Author, simple.

If it was about their personal life, again, simple, One Author.

However... when it comes to sourcebooks... I'm not exactly sure who to ask.

For example: Magic of Faerun. I could go ahead and just toss the question at Ed Greenwood... because... well... He is *musters his best Bond accent* Ed... Ed Greenwood . However, a number of people may work on a sourcebook. If you look at the credits for this particular book... You'll see that Ed Greenwood is only listed as Additional Design, and on main design is Sean K Reynolds.

So then, who -should- I ask? Should I ask Ed Greenwood because he knows all there is to know about Forgotten Realms? Should I ask Sean K Reynolds because he's the designer here who's listed on top of the book? Should I ask one of the various other authors listed in Additional Design and Creative Direction?

Again, it's automatic to think "Ask Ed Greenwood"... however... I think it may be a bit like FR in the sense that you shouldn't just ask Ao about everything. *shrugs*

Comments from either long-time members or authors would be appreciated, or help to further make these into guidelines. :P

Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BainIthron Posted - 15 Oct 2006 : 01:38:00
Alright, thankies again. It's related to something I posted on before... but I had a couple, and I'll just shovel said questions based on your guys suggestions. Thanks!
Faraer Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 13:06:52
You want to ask the person responsible for the thing you're interested in. So with Magic of Faerūn, if your question is about rules implementations, ask Sean if you want to know his intent, or Rich Baker if you want a ruling on the latest rules. If it's not a rules question, ask the person who created that element -- which is admittedly hard to know if you don't have a large Realms library. So guess who created it and let people forward you to the best authority.
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 04:21:26
Generally ask the person first listed as designer. he or she will point you in the right direction if s/he didnt work on that part of the book.
Kuje Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 01:00:04
Or post it in the Questions for the Realms Designers thread in this forum. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Oct 2006 : 00:57:47
For sourcebooks, I'd use the the search function to find any existing threads about the book in question, and post the question there.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000