Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Current/Recent Wars

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paec_djinn Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:42:45
I am interested in places which are warring within the Realms recently (as of 1370 DR and beyond). I do not possess sourcebooks and my only sources are from the internet and novels so I would appreciate any kind help.

I also would appreciate it if any of you could stay away from spoilers to The Two Swords, the final two WotSQ books, and Farthest Reach. Thanks.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

So far I know of:

1. Obould Many Arrows v.s Mithral Hall dwarves.
Mithril Hall (1370- DR)

Important Battles:
-Battle at Shallows
-Battle at and before Keeper's Dale

Conclusion: [As of the Lone Drow]After the battle before Keeper's Dale, the dwarves are pushed into Mithral Hall.
[Please do not spoil me on what will happen in The Two Swords]

2. Cult of the Dragon v.s Impiltur and Damara.
Impiltur (1373) Border of Vaasa and Damara (1373-)

Important Battles:
-Battle near Lyrabar (with Taegan. I've forgotten the exact location)
-Siege of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose

Conclusion: [As of pg. 200 The Rite]The Cult of the Dragon stronghold west of Lyrabar is defeated and Sammaster moves to Damara where he attacks the Monastery of the Yellow Rose.

3. House Dlardrageth v.s Silver Marches and Elves of High Forest and Evereska.
High Forest and Evereska(1374) Myth Drannor (1374-)

Important Battles:
-Battle of the Lonely Moors.

Conclusion: [As of Forsaken House]House Dlardrageth is defeated at the Battle of the Lonely Moors. Sarya orders a relocation to Myth Drannor
[Please do not spoil me on what will happen in Farthest Reach]

4. Menzoberranzan/Ched Nassad v.s Jaezred Chaulssin.
Menzoberranzan (Date unknown) Ched Nassad (date unknown)

Important Battles:
-Slave Uprising in Menzoberranzan
-Duergar and Lesser Houses in Ched Nassad
-Duergar and Kaanyr Vhok's Attack on Menzoberranzan

Conclusion: [As of Extinction]The Duergar and Kaanyr Vhok's army is stalled from conquering Menzoberranzan. The battle still rages on although Nimor Imphraezl has been trapped in the Shadow Plane.
[Please do not spoil me on what will happen in Annihilation and Ressurection]

5. Phaerimm v.s Elves of Evereska v.s Shade Enclave
Evereska(1371-1372) Cormyr (1372)

Important Battles:
-Phaerimm siege of Evereska
-Shade attack on Tilverton

Conclusion: Shade Enclave returns above Anauroch, Tilverton is destroyed, and the phaerimm are defeated- their numbers greatly reduced.

6. Ghazneths, Nalavarauthatoryl and Minions v.s Kingdom of Cormyr
Cormyr (137? DR)
[I haven't read Death of the Dragon and I don't think I'll intend to do so, I wouldn't mind if anyone spoils me on details of this. Like the factions involved and such]

7. War in Chondath which is slowly erupting
Chondath (137? DR)
[I haven't read the Scions trilogy and I don't think I'll intend to do so, I wouldn't mind if anyone spoils me on details of this. Like the factions involved and such]

8. War in Threat from the Sea trilogy
Sea of Fallen Stars (137?)
[I haven't read the Threat from the Sea trilogy and I don't think I'll intend to do so, I wouldn't mind if anyone spoils me on details of this. Like the factions involved and such]

Important Battles:
Battle at Myth Nantar.

9. Ogre Mages vs. Temple of Cyric
Southern Amn (1370 DR)
[I would require more details on this]

10. Manshoon Clones v.s Manshoon Clones (The Manshoon Wars)
Faerun (1370 DR)

12. Reclamation Wars
Tethyr (13??-1369 DR)

13. Sembia & Hillsfar against Elves of Tangled Trees
Tangled Trees (1372 DR)

Conclusion: The war never actually got started though there were a few ambushes along the Rauthavyr Road. Larajin and her twin managed to convince both sides to stop the war.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thesleepyone Posted - 09 Nov 2014 : 19:45:49
There was also Sembia/Netheril-Cormyr war that ended with Cormyr's victory like they were not strong before.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Nov 2014 : 02:33:31
quote:
Originally posted by Thesleepyone

I am surprised nobody said anything about the Luruar vs Many Arrows kingdom. And what are the chances for Luruar to survive.

Given some of the 4E material about Mary Arrows, I think it's likely Many Arrows will self-destruct.
Thesleepyone Posted - 09 Nov 2014 : 00:37:55
I am surprised nobody said anything about the Luruar vs Many Arrows kingdom. And what are the chances for Luruar to survive.
Ardashir Posted - 06 Feb 2009 : 18:48:25
I was interested in doing something with the Amnian Ogre Mage war, if only because of the three faiths/temples you would have fighting alongside the 'good guys':

1) A Selunite temple

2) Loviatar's worshippers

3) A rival ttemple of Cyric

Just imagine trying to keep them all from killing each other!
creyzi4zb12 Posted - 04 Feb 2009 : 18:26:03
Anybody has info. on the Orcfasting Wars = War that made Waterdeep.
Orcgate Wars = epic war
ShadezofDis Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 16:10:02
Well, last I knew there was a semi-cease fire between the Amnians and the Sythillisians due to the Stinger invasion. I'm not really sure if there's been a substantial update since Power of Faerun. I mean, a change in the Amnian view on magic would be pretty huge but it sounds like it's mostly "maybes and ifs"
DDH_101 Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 05:09:40
Ya, I read that novel too. In fact, the novel also mentions how Amn's view of magic may be changing as the Amnians know they don't have the power to defeat the monster army. If they're going to request allies or hire mercenaries, they're going to have to adjust to the fact that magic will be a big factor in defeating the monsters.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 18:41:40
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Sage, it's been awhile. Lol.

I've sort of moved that stuff out of my brain to make room for physics and math.

Why, was there anything that stated the war has ended?

As far as I know, not really. Although, if I recall correctly, there are some bits about the war in Jaleigh Johnson's recent novel, The Holwing Delve (nothing major!), and it was mentioned that Amn and the monster army came to some sort of uneasy truce.
DDH_101 Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 02:52:58
Sage, it's been awhile. Lol.

I've sort of moved that stuff out of my brain to make room for physics and math.

Why, was there anything that stated the war has ended?
The Sage Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 00:52:31
quote:

Hey, does anyone know about the progress of the war in Amn? The war just sort of stopped as there's no recent updates about it in novels or sourcebooks.
Have you read the various tidbits about the war in Power of Faerûn?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 00:33:23
quote:

Hey, does anyone know about the progress of the war in Amn?

Yes. One of my characters more or less brought a stop to the Sythillisian conflict.

Of course, that's only in my Realms, not the "official" version.
DDH_101 Posted - 19 Feb 2008 : 21:39:28
Hey, does anyone know about the progress of the war in Amn? The war just sort of stopped as there's no recent updates about it in novels or sourcebooks.

Last I remember about it was when there was mention how a city in Amn (forgot the name) was under seige and two of the Council of Six members were trapped there.
Kuje Posted - 05 Oct 2007 : 01:41:05
quote:
Originally posted by Jarlaxle Baerne

I have one question if anyone can answer it, it would be apreciated.
What is this spellplague discribed in the beginning of RAS new book, one which occurs some where between the signing of the treaty and a hundred years from then which has left many city in ruin such as luskan?

Most of the answers are going to be speculation at this point because it is the in game reason for the changes to 4e rules, so we can't give a exact this is what it is since the new material doesn't come out till next year and so far all we have is teasers. See the Grand History sourcebook that just came out or look through the threads about the Grand History.
Jarlaxle Baerne Posted - 05 Oct 2007 : 01:07:28
I have one question if anyone can answer it, it would be apreciated.
What is this spellplague discribed in the beginning of RAS new book, one which occurs some where between the signing of the treaty and a hundred years from then which has left many city in ruin such as luskan?
Kirano Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 21:22:14
quote:
Originally posted by Matthus

Important Battles:
-Battle near Lyrabar

I don’t know more – any idea’s?

Through my intensive research on the recent events in Damara I've come up with some information on the Year of the Rogue Dragon related to this war.

**Timeline**
Mirtul
2: Sammaster raises an army of orcs and giants in Vaasa by pretending to be Zhengyi their former master. The army takes the Bloodstone gates and floods into Damara (The Rite)
3: Gareth Dragonsbane leads an army against the monstrous army but falls when wizards working for the cult of the Dragon betray him. Gareth’s soul is trapped on the shadow plane. (The Rite)

During the events of the Year of the Rogue Dragons (1373 DR) Gareth Dragonsbane's soul had been imprisoned in the Plane of Shadow due to the treachery of some wizards who had been corrupted and were in reality Sammaster's agents. His absence left Damara briefly in disarray and prone to attack from orcs and goblinoids swarming from Vaasa. He was saved only thanks to the actions of dragonhunters Pavel Shermov and Will Turnstone, a handful of his trusted officers and companions, and (quite unbelievably) an ancient vampiric dragon by the name of Brimstone. Having recovered from his ordeal, he once more lead his troops to victory against the forces of Vaasa, apparently slaying the Witch-King (who had arisen again) in single combat. In reality, Brimstone had conjured the illusion of an undead riding on his back, and he and Dragonsbane had planned the fight all along. It had a demoralising effect for the Vaasans which made victory easier.

25: The monastery of the Yellow rose is besieged by a score of chromatic dragons (The Rite)
Kythorn
25: Brimstone a former servant of Sammaster travels to Plane of Shadow with a group of Paladins and Dragon slayers and releases Gareth Dragonsbane soul. (The Rite)
Flamerule
8: Kara and Dorn travel to the metallic dragons hidden lair in the Galena Mountains, Tamarand is forced to kill Lareth, the metallic dragons king when he falls to the rage. (The Rite)
11: The metallic dragons leave their refuge in the Galena’s. They successfully attack and destroy the chromatic dragons besieging the Monastery of the Yellow rose (The Rite)
11: The Damarans battle the Orcs and giant army in Damara. Gareth leads the Damarans to victory when he and Brimstone trick “Zhengyi”’s army into believing he vanquished the Lich. (The Rite)

Voilà fellow scribes, hope it prooved useful.
Matthus Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 11:15:05
This is the whack to start the interesting threat anew. I modified the post from paec_djinn with what I know (or think to know). The modifications I put in cursive. Any help with the date, the outcome, or with wars that are not mentioned is greatly appreciated.

1. Obould Many Arrows v.s Mithral Hall dwarves.
Mithril Hall (1370- DR)

Important Battles:
-Battle at Shallows
-Battle at and before Keeper's Dale

Has come to a standstill – Obould Many Arrows is establishing a realm.

Important Battles:
-Battle near Lyrabar

I don’t know more – any idea’s?

3. House Dlardrageth v.s Silver Marches and Elves of High Forest and Evereska.
High Forest and Evereska(1374) Myth Drannor (1374-)

Important Battles:
-Battle of the Lonely Moors.
-Battle in Myth Drannor

The elves are resettling Myth Drannor – it is indefinite if other wars may result from it, namely Zentil Keep, Hillsfar and Sembia may revive interests in Cormanthor.

4. Menzoberranzan/Ched Nassad v.s Jaezred Chaulssin.
Menzoberranzan (Date unknown) Ched Nassad (date unknown)

Important Battles:
-Slave Uprising in Menzoberranzan
-Duergar and Lesser Houses in Ched Nassad
-Duergar and Kaanyr Vhok's Attack on Menzoberranzan

The elves are resettling Myth Drannor – it is indefinite if other wars may result from it, namely Zentil Keep, Hillsfar and Sembia may revive interests in Cormanthor.

5. Phaerimm v.s Elves of Evereska v.s Shade Enclave
Evereska(1371-1372) Cormyr (1372)

Important Battles:
-Phaerimm siege of Evereska
-Shade attack on Tilverton

Conclusion: Shade Enclave returns above Anauroch, Tilverton is destroyed, and the phaerimm are defeated- their numbers greatly reduced.

6. Ghazneths, Nalavarauthatoryl and Minions v.s Kingdom of Cormyr
Cormyr (137? DR)

Cormyr survived barley – and is licking the wounds from the death of King Azuon and the sacrifice of Vangerdahast. It remains to be seen who will try to carve some part of this kingdom for himself.

7. War in Chondath which is slowly erupting
Chondath (137? DR)

Any infos?

8. War in Threat from the Sea trilogy
Sea of Fallen Stars (137?)

Important Battles:
Battle at Myth Nantar.

The threat ended with the destruction of Iakhovas after battles in Waterdeep, Baldur’s gate, Calimport and other ports.

9. Ogre Mages vs. Temple of Cyric
Southern Amn (1370 DR)

Any infos?

10. Manshoon Clones v.s Manshoon Clones (The Manshoon Wars)
Faerun (1370 DR)

Are these really wars or only skirmishes?

12. Reclamation Wars
Tethyr (13??-1369 DR)

13. Sembia & Hillsfar against Elves of Tangled Trees
Tangled Trees (1372 DR)

Conclusion: The war never actually got started though there were a few ambushes along the Rauthavyr Road. Larajin and her twin managed to convince both sides to stop the war.

The Sage Posted - 16 Jun 2007 : 16:47:12
Paec-djinn was last active here at Candlekeep on the 15th of January '07.

You're free to open a new scroll if you wish. However, I think it would be best to keep all the references in this particular scroll, as it's easier to search and it is currently a "sticky" scroll. And there wasn't a specific time-limit for this project, so you're free to continue adding to it...
Matthus Posted - 16 Jun 2007 : 16:22:22
Has anybody heard from the paec_djinn recently. Unfortunately there seems to be no mail address for contacting him.

I don’t know if there is a chance to reopen this topic – would it be within the Code of Conduct to copy the part about the wars into a new topic if the author wouldn’t walk within the halls anymore? Is there a time limit for such projects? Anybody else interested in the topic, so that there may be a petition to the great Head Moderator?
Matthus Posted - 30 May 2007 : 13:05:32
Hi paec_djinn,

is there any chance to reopen your topic? Are you still around this halls?

Its seems to me that your spoilers may have been solved - I really do hope you got the chance to read all the books since then

There are some discussions about current wars - for example gold dwarfs v.s. duergar but I would like the idea to come back to this "sticky" place...

Hope to hear from you

Greetings Mathus
(as we have learned from Darkmeer: former lich and now artifact )

Lemernis Posted - 30 Sep 2006 : 01:01:09
Eric, sorry if that came off like a slam at your creativity. (Kinda forgot the authors of source books hang around here, eep.) I hear you on the need to square things away for a 4 year lapse in canon for the region. That specific region must catch up to a greater surrounding world where so much else has already happened. So you are restricted in many ways, I realize.

And in our own way, a persistent world framework is limited in a large number of ways as well. Not the least of which, graphically. Owing to complexities of the NWN2 game engine, we may never be able to feature formians and stingers, for example. Certainly not any time soon (if ever at all).

But anyway, the stage is so beautifully set for an epic adventure at the end of Lands of Intrigue. As we've spent the last year brainstorming about what all could happen there we got very excited at all the story possibilites. It's in that spirit that I said what I said. (Which I think you clearly recognize but I just felt the need to say it anyway. :))
George Krashos Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 16:32:53
Probably because I was struggling to reconcile the Twin Towers stuff with Paul's novels. That fix consumed far too much of my feeble powers.

-- George Krashos
ericlboyd Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 14:06:42
quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis

Power of Faerun (p. 43) has some updated material, but I have no idea if it is considered official at this point.

Why wouldn't it be? It is official.

quote:
It is rather disappointing for our purposes, so we will not be using it.

Whatever works for your campaign.

One of my motivations here was to come up with a reason to justify a 4 year stalemate. By my reading, the situation in LoI was NOT stable, and yet the FRCS had not updated it as of 1372 DR and I was writing a book for 1374 DR. Therefore, in the official stuff at least, we needed an explanation as to why the situation was roughly the same 4 years later.

quote:
There seems to be some mistakes in that material, eg, it confuses Dark Embrace, a temple of Shar, with the Cyricist Mountain of Skulls temple far to the north.

Good catch. I meant the Mountain of Skulls. Not sure how I got those two swapped in my head. (And I'm really not sure how I snuck that mistake past George. ;-) )

quote:
Sythillis is mispelled as Sothillis.

This was a deliberate choice on the part of WoTC. I have speculated as to why I think they did it, but never had any official confirmation.

quote:
Anyway, we think we have a much more satisfying tale in the works.

As long as you're having fun.

--Eric
KnightErrantJR Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 13:56:22
Thank goodness they decided against including the sage Herpetes in Chessenta . . . ::ducks flying books thrown at him::
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 13:48:36
and "Sothillis" is any worse than ??
Ergdusch Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 09:39:02
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis

Sythillis is mispelled as Sothillis. Anyway, we think we have a much more satisfying tale in the works.

This isn't a mistake. WOTC decided to change the name because the original sounded to much like a sexual disease. :) No, I'm not kidding.

Gods above - what RPG designers have to worry about.... tstststs!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000