Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Turmish, Cedarspoke, Orsruan Mountains...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cauzway Posted - 09 Aug 2006 : 03:29:09
Should there be more development on turmish, Cedarspoke, and the Orsruan Mountains?
29   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 11 Jun 2008 : 21:06:37
Yes, there needs to be far more.
ShadezofDis Posted - 04 Jun 2008 : 06:46:05
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Vilhon Reach was a sourcebook, not a boxed set.

Well fine, just point out I don't have the physical product, just the lowly pdf.

I'd just done the assuming since there were two books and maps.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Jun 2008 : 01:39:38
quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

I'm all sorts of biased since I've been running a campaign in Turmish and I'm sick of making everything up (well, not everything, but pretty close when push comes to shove).

If I ever compile my notes in a meaningful way I'll send them over to the scribes but unfortunately it's not an activity I enjoy (the compiling) and I'm usually pretty strapped for time.

To the OP: Have you downloaded the Vilhon Reach boxed set from the Wizards site? If not you definitely should.

Vilhon Reach was a sourcebook, not a boxed set.
ShadezofDis Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 21:52:48
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

It's in that list, along with a ton of other gems.
cauzway Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 21:19:28
quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

To the OP: Have you downloaded the Vilhon Reach boxed set from the Wizards site? If not you definitely should.

Oh, where is that?
Blueblade Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 18:28:03
Yes, I can't think anyone who has read all of Ed's POLY coverage thinking Turmish doesn't have a detailed history (in his mind, at least; I can tell a lot didn't make it onto the printed page). That's why WotC needs to keep Ed right on doing what he's doing. Perhaps he can super-detail tiny little locales for those who like them, and leave the rest as the relatively blank canvas Wizards wants for the new edition.
BB
ShadezofDis Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 16:40:20
I'm all sorts of biased since I've been running a campaign in Turmish and I'm sick of making everything up (well, not everything, but pretty close when push comes to shove).

If I ever compile my notes in a meaningful way I'll send them over to the scribes but unfortunately it's not an activity I enjoy (the compiling) and I'm usually pretty strapped for time.

GRYPHON Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 15:15:13
Yes, there needs to be more...
cauzway Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 15:28:14
so what type of articles do they want? like an actual campaign or just some tid-bits and such that doesn't interfer with the official campaign?
The Sage Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 14:57:50
quote:
Originally posted by Eremite

Why not work with someone else who can generate the stats?
It may eventually come to that. It really does depend upon what type of article I intend to write and put forth for submission. I can handle basic stats, feat-and-skill creation, though I'm no good with PrC, nor the extended stat-blocks you see for monstrous creatures and/or NPCs... and I'm pretty sure this is what the publishers of DRAGON will be looking for in terms of article submissions.
Eremite Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 09:09:29
quote:
Originally posted by The SageIndeed.

That's one of the things holding preventing me from trying to send over my own ideas to DRAGON. They'll want rules-heavy articles, and I'm just not sure I can do that successively. I have no problem basing an article around campaign specific material and submitting it to DRAGON, the problem is... it'd have little in the way of rules and/or stats.

Why not work with someone else who can generate the stats?

As an example, I was active on the Midnight boards a couple of years ago but my fluff-fu was weak but my crunch-fu was OK... so I chose a good writing partner. ;)
Conlon Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 02:45:33
I also fall into the category of not having read the Polyhedron articles, nor do I have access to them.

Hopefully WotC will give the area more attention in the near future.
The Sage Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 01:16:20
quote:

Yup. And even that's iffy -- they might prefer such material to come from in-house, or they might not want too much campaign-specific material...
Indeed.

That's one of the things holding preventing me from trying to send over my own ideas to DRAGON. They'll want rules-heavy articles, and I'm just not sure I can do that successively. I have no problem basing an article around campaign specific material and submitting it to DRAGON, the problem is... it'd have little in the way of rules and/or stats.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 22:47:56
quote:
Originally posted by cauzway

What's an NDA? and where do I go to get this stuff submitted for review?

Non-Disclosure Agreement. There should be guidelines available on both Wizards.com and Paizo.com.
cauzway Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 21:25:40
What's an NDA? and where do I go to get this stuff submitted for review?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 21:19:54
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:

quote:

Would it be too much to think that if I created some reasonable amount of lore myself that maybe the mr. Greenwood would accept as actual FR material?

It's very doubtful. Wizards of the Coast decides what is and is not actual FR material, and they generally only accept campaign material if they solicit it, first.

The only way would be to try it through Dragon magazine probably with lots of filtering through wizards???

Yup. And even that's iffy -- they might prefer such material to come from in-house, or they might not want too much campaign-specific material... And if any author of theirs has even thought about this area in the past 5 years, then there's likely an NDA on it which would kill any proposed articles...

It's possible that it could be published. But it's a long shot...
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 19:49:14
quote:

quote:

Would it be too much to think that if I created some reasonable amount of lore myself that maybe the mr. Greenwood would accept as actual FR material?

It's very doubtful. Wizards of the Coast decides what is and is not actual FR material, and they generally only accept campaign material if they solicit it, first.

The only way would be to try it through Dragon magazine probably with lots of filtering through wizards???
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 19:10:46
quote:

Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:33:00
quote:

LOL.

:)
cauzway Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:32:08
LOL.
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:31:22
quote:

what the?
Alisttair, are you online all the time? that was a pretty fast reply...

No I'm at work and trying not to get caught so I type and read fast lol
cauzway Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:28:21
what the?
Alisttair, are you online all the time? that was a pretty fast reply...
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:26:59
quote:

Probably not...but the Candlekeep scribes might add it to this here website. (they have put many fan created goodies here thus far)
cauzway Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:23:38
Geesh guys...i've done a fare amount of research and I'm finding that for a stable and republic based nation, it has very little in history...

Usually a stable nation that's been around for awhile, has a successful political leadership, and in the middle of a region filled with pirates, unconquerored mountain ranges, and contact with various evil based empires would have an amazing amount of lore to draw upon...

w2b Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 16:55:51
totally. turmish rocks. all things considered i'd adopt alisttair's point of view. i want to know -everything- about -it all-!
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 16:21:41
People must come back and vote here :P
Snotlord Posted - 16 Aug 2006 : 15:02:11
Is this a trick question?
Jorkens Posted - 16 Aug 2006 : 06:05:59
I would love to see an update on the area by Ed, especially since I haven't read the old Polyhedron articles. If it was not done by Ed it would not be that important to me as I have played around with the area somewhat myself.
Alisttair Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 23:09:39
Heck I can't even think of a single area that "shouldn't" be more detailed. More info on the realms means more fun :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000