Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Movie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mournblade Posted - 08 Jul 2003 : 07:10:49
HAH HAH! Sorry about the false alarm, but lets do our own Casting Call.

What if we were all part of the casting team for an FR movie? Who would you have play the characters?

Use any forgotten Realms character you like, and just give the actors name. If they need makeup try to explain how. Feel free to debate casting options as well, as this is the point of a casting crew. Just assume we can use the same techniques as Lord of the Rings and other movies (i.e. people like John Ryse-Davies can play dwarves)

Ok I will start:

Khelbun 'Blackstaff' Arunsun : Sean Connery
Alternately, Sean Connery could be King Azoun IV

Aznar Thrull (Zulkir of Evocation) : Patrick Stewart
The Simbul : Cate Blanchett
Lady Alustriel : Gwynneth Paltrow
Bruenor Battlehammer : The Scottish actor from Braveheart that was Hammish's father, and had the Arrow plucked form his chest.

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
William of Waterdeep Posted - 18 Oct 2003 : 23:01:17
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I help Shoebox every year, doing my ethical bit.

Thats very nice of you Arivia.I makes me feel good to help others.
Do unto others....
Arivia Posted - 18 Oct 2003 : 05:57:22
I help Shoebox every year, doing my ethical bit.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 18 Oct 2003 : 05:54:21
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Yes, it feels good to help others in need. Speaking of which I hope you are helping Shoebox, cause I know I am since someone brought it to my attention.

Shoebox is a type of charity (worldwide I tink) that distributes "gifts" that fits inside a shoebox to unfortunate children at Xmas to help brighten their day. I'll just pass on this one related story I heard... A girl received a doll as her present and someone upon seeing her and the doll, went up touched her cheek and that of the doll's saying same color. The girl is now inseperable from that doll and it just happens that the girl's name is the same as the deliver's daughter's name.

I've heard of Stocking full of love but not shoebox.I will check into it and find out though.
Lina Posted - 18 Oct 2003 : 04:05:48
Yes, it feels good to help others in need. Speaking of which I hope you are helping Shoebox, cause I know I am since someone brought it to my attention.

Shoebox is a type of charity (worldwide I tink) that distributes "gifts" that fits inside a shoebox to unfortunate children at Xmas to help brighten their day. I'll just pass on this one related story I heard... A girl received a doll as her present and someone upon seeing her and the doll, went up touched her cheek and that of the doll's saying same color. The girl is now inseperable from that doll and it just happens that the girl's name is the same as the deliver's daughter's name.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 12 Oct 2003 : 14:09:05
Thanks Jander If I were rich I would surely visit your country
and try and help.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 12 Oct 2003 : 11:38:25
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

Okay,I had fun with Lina and Jander Sunstar both and hopefully
made no new enemies.(I love joking around.)
I guess in reality I would give most of my money away.I only want to
be comfortable,no desire for great riches for myself.Maybe start a business up but no mansions,countries,islands,servants,etc....
It could help lots of people who are starving though and put clothes
and shoes on them.So I couldn't stand to keep it.

well than you are welcome to turkey we have great historical places and beachs. also we have many pretty girls.there is no better place to fix injustice and evil than turkey. come and join our fight
William of Waterdeep Posted - 12 Oct 2003 : 06:37:50
Okay,I had fun with Lina and Jander Sunstar both and hopefully
made no new enemies.(I love joking around.)
I guess in reality I would give most of my money away.I only want to
be comfortable,no desire for great riches for myself.Maybe start a business up but no mansions,countries,islands,servants,etc....
It could help lots of people who are starving though and put clothes
and shoes on them.So I couldn't stand to keep it.
Lina Posted - 12 Oct 2003 : 03:13:15
quote:

quote:

YES our own movie. Might not be a blockbuster at first but we'll soon fix that. Dr sounds more impressive. Dr Lina Inverse and Dr William of Waterdeep presents the first in the series of FR movies.
I can see it now... getting out of our limo on the streets of Hollywood, sponsors kissing our arses as we make millions, huge crowds of adoring fans as we walk across the red carpet about to view the premier. *Rolls off chair and hits the floor* Damn I was dreaming. Pretty good dream though.

Me related to Cult_Leader... get serious. Besides a girl occasionally likes to indulge herself even if it is a dream. As for me, I'd spend my money on a nice little collection of islands and charge big$$ for tourism and trade. Build myself a big mansion, hire servants and live the rest of my life out in luxury, instead of worrying about day 2 day operations of running a country

Hmmmmm,Are you sure your not related to Cult_Leader? I thought he
was the only one other than myself that could dream like this.
I want to buy my own country with my millions,which one,let me think,
maybe Turkey.

Jander Sunstar Posted - 11 Oct 2003 : 17:34:50
quote:

quote:

YES our own movie. Might not be a blockbuster at first but we'll soon fix that. Dr sounds more impressive. Dr Lina Inverse and Dr William of Waterdeep presents the first in the series of FR movies.
I can see it now... getting out of our limo on the streets of Hollywood, sponsors kissing our arses as we make millions, huge crowds of adoring fans as we walk across the red carpet about to view the premier. *Rolls off chair and hits the floor* Damn I was dreaming. Pretty good dream though.

maybe Turkey.

Quite intresting.
But you already bought our goverment at least we have the dorn given rights to think that we are free (upps sorry that was in US)
I say to u william that won't be a good investment. You can't afford to pay our billions of dollars depts.Ok we have a good military so you can play with a good real time strategy but upps again your elected fool already did it. Just kidding eki, eki, eki
William of Waterdeep Posted - 11 Oct 2003 : 03:19:33
quote:

maybe Turkey.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 10 Oct 2003 : 23:51:42
quote:

I see you are quite willing to make a dollars and dragons movie Lina.Sorry but I don't think that I II ever be in a limo so I m a loser forever0!!(if it s your opinion)But I m level 18 so I have work to do(I don't want to offend anyone but I m not dreaming about Luxariy(if I spell right)
Lina Posted - 10 Oct 2003 : 12:13:47
William of Waterdeep Posted - 09 Oct 2003 : 02:17:00
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

I don't think the scenarist was a player. I bet he did't make a research about the rules or even elves. There was a dark elf in their society and a very loyal servant of the queen she was.Ok that wasn't realms but still doesn't make much sense. There is only two things I appreciate about the movie one is the clumsy black thief who died quickly. And the other thing is rouge/paladin dual class they added to our d&d library.
There were both dungeons and dragons but if I were them I wouldn't pay that money for copyright. I would just say dollars and dragons

Ha ha ha ha..... Dollar$ and Dragon$
I like that!!!!
Jander Sunstar Posted - 08 Oct 2003 : 11:23:24
I don't think the scenarist was a player. I bet he did't make a research about the rules or even elves. There was a dark elf in their society and a very loyal servant of the queen she was.Ok that wasn't realms but still doesn't make much sense. There is only two things I appreciate about the movie one is the clumsy black thief who died quickly. And the other thing is rouge/paladin dual class they added to our d&d library.
There were both dungeons and dragons but if I were them I wouldn't pay that money for copyright. I would just say dollars and dragons
William of Waterdeep Posted - 08 Oct 2003 : 01:50:03
I don't know.Since I am a big producer now maybe you should talk to our laywers. All I know is a D&D movie could be made better
than the one that was made.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 23:27:04
it may seem like non sense but we want to make our own movie and not just a trailer. ý watched d&d and i did't like for best. a i bet real players can make the best. i know it is just the bablings of a simnple dreamer but this is my only dream. the only obstacle is money. you must persuade hypocrate sponsors and kiss lots of asses. at least in my country. that would be so cool. Does anyone agree?
William of Waterdeep Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 18:00:12
quote:

So your saying that Gorge Lucas would make a great director of an FR movie? The director of LOTR isn't a bad choice either

http://www.starwars.com/bio/georgelucas.html< Lucas
Oh yes,Peter Jackson as I posted on another page of this thread is
another man with vision.If I were to make a film George Lucas would
be the man in charge of special effects if Possible but I may let
Peter Jackson direct it.Look at the making of the film LoTR and see
Jackson's Talent at work.
Lina you borrow the money we need to do this and you and I can be the
co-producers of the first Forgotten Realms Movie.I can see it know...
"Fades into his own little world,with stupid grin on face"
Produced by Lina and William of Waterdeep
"snaps out of trance" You think I should add Sir or Dr. to
my name to look more important?
Lina Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 11:47:19
So your saying that Gorge Lucas would make a great director of an FR movie? The director of LOTR isn't a bad choice either
William of Waterdeep Posted - 03 Oct 2003 : 22:03:08
For the most part we agree! Thats good,No 2 people will ever agree totally on anything or somebody is lying.I agree with everything
but Final Fantasy while falling short of what I had hoped was still
great since it was the first of its kind.It was the first to use
total animation with such lifelike effect.I know the skill that they
used is nothing to the later animated movies but it served as a guide
to the others.Star Wars has always been handled by Lucas.I have nothing but good to say about this man.If I were making a movie and
could get Lucas and crew to work with me on the special effects I would basiclly turn that part over to them.The man is no less the greatest genius of special effects that ever lived.He is also a great
person.I almost got in a fight over someone talking bad about him before.So,You get my point...He should be a God in the Realms!!!!
Lina Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 13:57:55
Too true! Special effects can't be overdone and has to be in sinc with computer graphics. There's got to be a balance between the audio, visual (graphics, special effects, etc), character development and the story as well. For example, Final Fantasy was a badly made animated movie as too much emphasis was placed on the graphics but not the characters or the plot. But there's an exception as I thought Star Wars I & II relied more heavily on sound effects and well timed musical interludes to help set the scence and mood of the story.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 16:17:06
Unfortunately I must admit that I haven't read "The Harpers" series,I
am still missing a few books from the set and didn't want to do like
I did with "The Cleric Quintet",{I finished #1 and didn't have the other books}
New Zealand is a great spot!!! Yes,You could film almost anything there.Special effects to go with magical occurrences,Yes,
special effects are great as long as they are not just thrown in to
make up for everything else being second rate.Some special effects,
and computer grapics if not in harmony with the rest of the film can
stick out and not blend with the film;This looks fake to me!!!!
Maybe I'm to much of a critic!!!
Glad to see you back Lina and Thanks for the post.
Lina Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 11:30:44
Hard to pick a novel but I liked spellfire and harpers series where every novel starred a new character and scene but this might need narrowing down 4 a movie. Best setting would be something akin to spellfire but with more evidence of other races about eg drows, dwarves, halflings. Actors... gonna haveta call on other help. Kinda hopeless with sorting through names 4 faces, vice versa. New Zealands always been a great spot 4 filming fantasy themes due to the close proximity of various biozones. Special effects to go with magical occurrences would be great too.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 25 Sep 2003 : 16:46:30
Lina,for now think of your favorite FR novel.If you could be the Producer,& Director with the funds to make a movie of the FR.
(1)What novel would you choose? (2)Were would you film it? (3)what
actors would you choose for the main characters.(4)Any special effects
etc,etc.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 25 Sep 2003 : 01:36:07
Sorry Lina,
I have a tendency to over react and It shows when writing as well as
real life.
The movie could have been good.The script?? I have no idea what world
it was based it on.I feel for the actors because this could have been
more than just a acting job had it been done differently.
You really need to see it yourself,I will talk more to you about
it and see if you agree after you see it.
Lina Posted - 24 Sep 2003 : 12:14:34
quote:

Trafaldi,
Since Tolkien's work has been around for a long time I don't think that just having a good story is enough.LoTR had a good director working with a good story,actors and etc.The reason the movie
Dungeons & Dragons, Sucked was because it had a bad director.If the
director of the D & D movie had directed LoTR then It would have sucked too! Not the story but the movie,I read the books years ago and loved them and I am glad that the movie does them justice.
I own the D & D movie but its a waste of money.You can find it in the
bargin bin of any Walmart now.

Never seen the D&D movie. From the way you're talking about it glad I didn't. Was the script any good to begin with or was it just bad directing? LOTR is an excellent movie because the script stuck with the original story and improvements with graphics and special effects has helped the movie a great deal too.
Lina Posted - 24 Sep 2003 : 12:12:41
quote:

Trafaldi,
Since Tolkien's work has been around for a long time I don't think that just having a good story is enough.LoTR had a good director working with a good story,actors and etc.The reason the movie
director of the D & D movie had directed LoTR then It would have sucked too! Not the story but the movie,I read the books years ago and loved them and I am glad that the movie does them justice.

Never seen the D&D movie. From the way you're talking about it glad I didn't. Was the script any good to begin with or was it just bad directing? LOTR is an excellent movie because the script stuck with the original story and improvements with graphics and special effects has helped the movie a great deal too.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 19 Sep 2003 : 05:04:49
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

No what i meant was that Tolkien's LOR has opened the peoples eyes to the world of fantasy so more people will want more fantasy movies and they will be of LOR quality or better. Dungeons And Dragons wasn't bad just because of the director the casting sucked the script sucked the whole movie in general sucked.

Yeah,The whole movie needed work.We agree again then,it all sucked and yes Tolkien,Edgar Rice Burrough,and Robert Howard were all writers that influenced me and kept me interested in fantasy.So I guess we do agree.
Trafaldi Posted - 19 Sep 2003 : 04:16:56
No what i meant was that Tolkien's LOR has opened the peoples eyes to the world of fantasy so more people will want more fantasy movies and they will be of LOR quality or better. Dungeons And Dragons wasn't bad just because of the director the casting sucked the script sucked the whole movie in general sucked.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 19 Sep 2003 : 01:09:27
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

That is a thought that hadn't occured Jonny Depp, not as Artemis but as Jaraxle, he Just has that look

I do agree with you here,Your right on it.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 19 Sep 2003 : 01:05:53
Trafaldi,

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000