Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Grand Mage of Evermeet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Corran Horn Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 16:08:56
Who is now the Grand Mage of Evermeet? Breithel Olithir or Laeroth Runemaster? Are they stated somewhere(in 3.0 or 3.5)?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ShadowJack Posted - 13 Oct 2006 : 16:26:14
Many thanks, Most Wise Sage! I will check Amazon for that tome!
The Sage Posted - 13 Oct 2006 : 13:49:24
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

George, When did info on Songfarla first appear in Realms-lore?
I'm not George, but you can find more lore on Songfarla in Demihuman Deities -- specifically, the Garl Glittergold entry.
ShadowJack Posted - 13 Oct 2006 : 12:47:28
George, When did info on Songfarla first appear in Realms-lore? (sees Alaundo, Sage and a fuzzy hamster headed his way, so he pulls it back onto topic)Did the Grand Mage of Evermeet ever visit there?
George Krashos Posted - 13 Oct 2006 : 06:22:08
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

Especially when I keep hearing rumors of a gnome nation somewhere to the East?!?!...

It's not a rumour. Songfarla in the Sunrise Mountains has existed for years. See the new article in Dragon magazine on the Hordelands for some more info.

-- George Krashos
Lord Teclis Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 21:07:46
Since they have updated the North and other areas via source books like waterdeep and the shining south, they really should listen to there readers and produce an elven type source book..... Maybe like a new 'Ruins' of Myth Drannor but without the ruins bit, this way they can also incorporate Evermeet through it's links with the crusade??? Just a thought
ShadowJack Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 20:48:49
Kalin, I agree wholeheartedley, a book on the "forgotten folk" of the Realms would be great... Beirnadri, I know that elves are not fey and they are separate races, my point is that fey and elves often live and work in close proximity. Take for instance Silver Shadows by EC. In the final battle the elves (what was the name of those two tribes, its driving me nuts that I can not remember, its on the tip of my tongue)are helped by the centaurs and... sprites? The old 2E sourcebook about Evermeet talks a little about the fey found on Evermeet. I must admit however that a book about the dwarves and gnomes would be awesome and is more needed. Especially when I keep hearing rumors of a gnome nation somewhere to the East?!?!...
Reefy Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 20:28:53
I'd like to see an Elves of Faerûn product, but equally a Dwarves of Faerûn. And I wouldn't say no to gnomes or halflings either. Though what I really want is new regional source books a la City of Splendors: Waterdeep or Silver Marches, but that's a different story entirely.
Marc Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 19:35:45
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

Nice new avatar Maruluthu. I said unlikely because since alot was covered regarding the past history of the elves only the recent past doesnt have a sourcebook. Seeing as we get history of recent past in novels they probably (kinda rightly) feel taht they've covered all their bases. I wouldn't expect to see anything about elves for a couple years till the FSEvents of the past couple novels actually takes place.
As for a book called Fae of Faerun, the fey are different than the elves. They come from another plane andthe two are separate.

I've finally found appropriate wild elven avatar (thanks Alaundo)

Of course elves aren't fey. I was saying that this would be a good alternate book if Elves of Faerun isn't going to be released. A book about forests/jungles in FR and their most numerable inhabitants happen to be elves and fey.

From which plane do they come now, House of Nature, Gates of the Moon, or Brightwater ?
Is Faerie another planet in prime material plane or is a outer planar place?

This also hints which book I'd like to see released - a book about World Tree

@Kalin, I agree except the savage culture (not that important)

And aquatic book (but that's asking too much)
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 19:05:01
quote:
As for a book called Fae of Faerun, the fey are different than the elves. They come from another plane andthe two are separate.

yep

ugghh

don't get me wrong, I am no elf hater...and I would very much enjoy an update of elves in 3E, especially after the last few novel lines (like maybe a focus on the arctic colony!!!) but I really wish that there could be an actual Realms focus on the Dwarves, Gnomes or Halflings...except for Dwarves Deep (which was an early 2E book) there has never been a source book dedicated to any of the three races

If not the "forgotten demi-humans" an actual book on the humanoids of the Realms (orcs, goblinoids, gnolls, etc.)..the Races of Faerun and the Monster Manual IV have just touched on the fact that the savage races actually have a culture too...
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 18:51:52
Nice new avatar Maruluthu. I said unlikely because since alot was covered regarding the past history of the elves only the recent past doesnt have a sourcebook. Seeing as we get history of recent past in novels they probably (kinda rightly) feel taht they've covered all their bases. I wouldn't expect to see anything about elves for a couple years till the FSEvents of the past couple novels actually takes place.
Marc Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 17:58:54
quote:

Unfortunately since there have been books like evermeet and cormanthor:empire of elves. it is really unlikely that WoTC would try and expand in that direction again. Maybe I'm wrong since the change in myth drannor and the events of blackstaff might prompt them to go over the history. Hopefully they not only put together the existing lore but create new lore also.

Unlikely ?! Cormanthyr happens seven centuries before present and Evermeet's a really good but outdated book. Why has WotC released Unapproachable East, Shining South (Silver Marches and Waterdeep are really a ''must release'')and two books about evil organizations then, and year of the dragon (how many books about dragons do we need). Considering the year of the risen elfkin I hope at least for one book about elves or at least forest/sylvan campaign similar to Serpent Kindoms.
ShadowJack Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 17:52:14
I personally would love to see a sourcebook "the Fey of Faerun" (all pun intended, after all they put the "Fae" in Faerun. All bad puns aside, it could detail Evermeet, and other elven realms with emphasis on the relations between the elves and the nymphs, sprites, pixies and other "little people" that live closely with the elves. This would be a new take while still examining the current elven realms...
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 17:31:49
Unfortunately since there have been books like evermeet and cormanthor:empire of elves. it is really unlikely that WoTC would try and expand in that direction again. Maybe I'm wrong since the change in myth drannor and the events of blackstaff might prompt them to go over the history. Hopefully they not only put together the existing lore but create new lore also.
Corran Horn Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 14:54:22
I would like to see something like ''Elves of Fearun''. That would be fantastic work.
Lord Teclis Posted - 11 Oct 2006 : 21:03:43
It would be great to have a 3.5ed of Elves of Evermeet as I still feel that it is the most mystical and mysterious of realms.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Aug 2006 : 06:45:10
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I wasn't going to comment any more in this topic but I'm rereading and reading Rich's trilogy because I've been putting it off.

However, page 69 of the first novel clearly states that the old grand mage died during the fall of the Tower of the Sun. :) So as Rich said and we, mostly, agreed, he went off to Arvandor. :)

Ah. In that case, I withdraw my statements. I'd forgotten about that notation.
Kuje Posted - 27 Aug 2006 : 01:15:19
I wasn't going to comment any more in this topic but I'm rereading and reading Rich's trilogy because I've been putting it off.

However, page 69 of the first novel clearly states that the old grand mage died during the fall of the Tower of the Sun. :) So as Rich said and we, mostly, agreed, he went off to Arvandor. :)
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 26 Aug 2006 : 06:32:27
i think the intentions of the quote are quite clearly meant to indicate death. but i do agree with wooly that there is room for other possibilities, even if it is a split hairs width of room. lol
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Aug 2006 : 06:05:13
quote:

Again? Er

"It's not a lot of time, but it's enough for the previous Grand Mage to head off for Arvandor and a new guy to step in."

Sure, except it reads that he's dead. Now whatever.

My point is that it doesn't actually say he is dead. It just says enough time has passed for him to have died. Since it doesn't say he died, I'm pointing out other possibilities.

I'm not trying to be obtuse; I do accept that he's dead. I'm just pointing out that it is not flat-out stated that he died -- so if someone wants, they can use him in another capacity.
Kuje Posted - 26 Aug 2006 : 01:26:23
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Rich doesn't actually say he died, though, he just says's it's been long enough. So, if it suited your purposes, Laeroth could have retired (staying on Evermeet or going elsewhere), or he could have decided to go somewhere else to use his abilities to aid the People -- like Lamruil's Land of the Cold Elves, or Evereska, or Myth Nantar...

Er? Well Wooly, Rich did say that he "heading off to Arvandor" and that usually involves dying, unless he took a portal there and just went there while still alive.

Not in the quote above -- he says enough time has passed for this to happen, not that it is what happened. I'm splitting hairs for the sake of having possibilities remain.

Again? Er

"It's not a lot of time, but it's enough for the previous Grand Mage to head off for Arvandor and a new guy to step in."

Sure, except it reads that he's dead. Now whatever.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Aug 2006 : 01:23:16
quote:

quote:

Rich doesn't actually say he died, though, he just says's it's been long enough. So, if it suited your purposes, Laeroth could have retired (staying on Evermeet or going elsewhere), or he could have decided to go somewhere else to use his abilities to aid the People -- like Lamruil's Land of the Cold Elves, or Evereska, or Myth Nantar...

Er? Well Wooly, Rich did say that he "heading off to Arvandor" and that usually involves dying, unless he took a portal there and just went there while still alive.

Not in the quote above -- he says enough time has passed for this to happen, not that it is what happened. I'm splitting hairs for the sake of having possibilities remain.
Kuje Posted - 25 Aug 2006 : 23:38:32
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Aug 2006 : 23:04:14
ShadowJack Posted - 25 Aug 2006 : 19:43:33
GothicDan, don't take it so badly, He didn't die, he passed on to a better place...
GothicDan Posted - 25 Aug 2006 : 19:26:50
So. He died.

We're not sure why or what reason or how, sadly.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 25 Aug 2006 : 16:58:12
This was Rich's response, in his own scroll here at the keep:

Remember, some years pass between the end of the novel "Evermeet" and the beginning of "The Last Mythal." It's not a lot of time, but it's enough for the previous Grand Mage to head off for Arvandor and a new guy to step in. I don't know how tough Olithir is off the top of my head; for my purposes it was sufficient for him to be a relatively new and untried Grand Mage, so I suppose he's got to be in the mid-20's or they wouldn't have given him the job.
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 25 Aug 2006 : 16:04:44
i dont think mr baker is going to respond to this topic (he prolly wont see it) but if youa sk him personally, im interested as well. If you could post his response here i'd appreciate it Corran.
Corran Horn Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 21:28:43
Hmm... I'm confused. I would ask Mr. Baker about it.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 21:08:39
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

Did we hear what happened to Runemaster?

...no.
GothicDan Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 21:03:24
Did we hear what happened to Runemaster?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000