Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Lathander Novels

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Neriandal Freit Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:12:44
I was wondering if anyone knows of books in which Lathander, clergy of Lathander, followers there of, etc.etc. are featured in?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 24 Jun 2006 : 05:39:05
Indeed.

From what we know... Jander wanted to die in rays of the sun at the end of Vampire of the Mists. However, the Mists of Ravenloft snatched him away before he could be burned, determined to keep him alive in his tortured existence.

Chosen, if you're looking for more about Sunstar, I suggest you pick up Children of the Night: Vampires for his latest mention. Jander also received some updated treatment in the 3e RL Champions of Darkness resource. And for good measure... he's also detailed in the Villains' Lorebook available for free download at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads
Kuje Posted - 24 Jun 2006 : 05:19:09
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

I might be totally wrong on this one but I think there is a Ravenloft/FR crossover novel called "Vampire of the mists" which has a Lathander-worshipping sun elf as main character.

Ergdusch

The character you are thinking of is Jander Sunstar. And I may add that his death scene is one of the coolest ideas for a character death I have ever seen.

Ah, but see, he's not dead since the 3rd party sourcebooks say he's still alive. Of course, WOTC might change that now that they have Ravenloft back. :)
Chosen of Bane Posted - 24 Jun 2006 : 01:10:07
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

I might be totally wrong on this one but I think there is a Ravenloft/FR crossover novel called "Vampire of the mists" which has a Lathander-worshipping sun elf as main character.

Ergdusch

The character you are thinking of is Jander Sunstar. And I may add that his death scene is one of the coolest ideas for a character death I have ever seen.
El Magnifico Uno Posted - 24 Jun 2006 : 00:13:28
erm.. Well unless you're deeply into self-flagellation the Threat from the Sea trilogy is very skippable (in my opinion at least).. I am sure some people swear by it as a masterpiece of literature though.. Malenti priestess hottie, Sharksbane Wall, mud-crawling underwater war barge, super-duper Dukar power-up!, it goes on and on.. For me, it was quite painful reading.. On the plus side, it does have a few neat ideas, and the Iakhavos(sp?) villain is an interesting concept.. You might as well give the first book a shot, but I couldn't recommend buying all three at once..
Ergdusch Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 23:45:42

Ergdusch
Kuje Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 23:25:53
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

The Cleric of Lathander in the Year of Rogue Dragon's Trilogy is argueably the most important/main character in the entire trilogy. He is one of the main party of protagonists and one that is featured greatly.

Pretty much the same for the Threat From the Sea events also. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:51:52
There's a paladin of Lathander in the novels Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck, and Lathander himself is a character in the latter novel.
Chosen of Bane Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:49:31
Also, I forgot to mention...

The Last Mythal Trilogy features a couple of members of the Order of Aster, which is a Lathanderite Paladin Order. They however are more secondary characters than the one featured in the Year of Rogue Dragon's.
Chosen of Bane Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:47:34
The Cleric of Lathander in the Year of Rogue Dragon's Trilogy is argueably the most important/main character in the entire trilogy. He is one of the main party of protagonists and one that is featured greatly.
scererar Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:36:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Threat from the Sea novels have a follower of Lathander and the Rage novels have a cleric of Lathander.

Rising Tide by Mel Odom
Under Fallen Stars by Mel Odom
The Sea Devil’s Eye by Mel Odom

The Rage by Richard Lee Byers
The Rite by Richard Lee Byers
The Ruin by Richard Lee Byers

Great, the 2 trilogies that I have not read . Kuje, are the Lathanderites (I think the right title), main figures within these trilogies?
Kuje Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:32:05
Threat from the Sea novels have a follower of Lathander and the Rage novels have a cleric of Lathander.

Rising Tide by Mel Odom
Under Fallen Stars by Mel Odom
The Sea Devil’s Eye by Mel Odom

The Rage by Richard Lee Byers
The Rite by Richard Lee Byers
The Ruin by Richard Lee Byers

Neriandal Freit Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:30:12
Ah very good, I got the Trilogy. Haven't startedthem yet but that will be good to get started.

Others anyone?
scererar Posted - 23 Jun 2006 : 22:24:06
The Avatar trilogy. check out Shadowdale and the unique church to the morninglord that dwells there. I am sure their are other novels that mention cleric and other clergy of Lathander, but I am not aware of any novels that feature a follower of the morninglord.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000