Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Is there a mistake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eomer Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 07:01:54
Is there a mistake in the following text about Tethir from Grand Tour of the Realms:
This rich but troubled land is now a realm of changing rulers and uncertain power. The heir to Alemander IV staged a pocket revolution to put himself on the throne, but did not reckon with the degree of discontent among the Amnian people. The heir was assassinated along with Alemander, and, in a period known as the Ten Black Days of Eleint, most of the royal court was eliminated.

As I know from "Lands of Intrigue" Amnians had nothing to do with Ten black days or revolution. Maybe author meant to say Tethirian people?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
George Krashos Posted - 24 Apr 2006 : 02:23:34
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend
And bear in mind there used to be scores of equally niggling continuity snafus like that until many folk banded together to help me research and correct as many (if not all) as I could in LOI. And I think the labor was worth it.

Steven
who knows George liked at least one retconned explain away of a problem from FR4 The Magister....

Hmm, I'm guessing that this was the Namarra, Serrus: founder of Amn re-jig ... there's been ever so many over the long years!

-- George Krashos
Steven Schend Posted - 23 Apr 2006 : 22:28:34
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

I believe their be some confusion here. "A Grand Tour of the Realms" is a sourcebook that was included in the 2nd-Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting boxed set. I wrote "A Grand History of the Realms" which is a fan compilation of forgotten realms timelines. So, no I cannot correct this error if it exists. :D

Consider this corrected by LANDS OF INTRIGUE, which came out after this and thus fixed/course-corrected all previous lore to its new status quo.

And bear in mind there used to be scores of equally niggling continuity snafus like that until many folk banded together to help me research and correct as many (if not all) as I could in LOI. And I think the labor was worth it.

Steven
who knows George liked at least one retconned explain away of a problem from FR4 The Magister....
Brian R. James Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 01:51:22
I believe their be some confusion here. "A Grand Tour of the Realms" is a sourcebook that was included in the 2nd-Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting boxed set. I wrote "A Grand History of the Realms" which is a fan compilation of forgotten realms timelines. So, no I cannot correct this error if it exists. :D
The Sage Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 13:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by eomer

Is there a mistake in the following text about Tethir from Grand Tour of the Realms:
This rich but troubled land is now a realm of changing rulers and uncertain power. The heir to Alemander IV staged a pocket revolution to put himself on the throne, but did not reckon with the degree of discontent among the Amnian people. The heir was assassinated along with Alemander, and, in a period known as the Ten Black Days of Eleint, most of the royal court was eliminated.

As I know from "Lands of Intrigue" Amnians had nothing to do with Ten black days or revolution. Maybe author meant to say Tethirian people?

I seem to recall Jeff Grubb talking about this before... on the REALMS-L.
Shadovar Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 11:49:01
quote:

I see. Thank you!
I just didn't undersood that you called it article. I mean it's almost separate rulebook ;)

Do you know how to contact him?

That I am not certain but maybe try private messaging him for i think he is one of the members here in this forum though he isn't a regular.
eomer Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 11:35:43
I see. Thank you!
I just didn't undersood that you called it article. I mean it's almost separate rulebook ;)

Do you know how to contact him?
Shadovar Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 11:29:21
quote:

Which article do you mean?

Grand Tour of The Realms which you spotted the mistake.
eomer Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 11:26:48
Which article do you mean?
Shadovar Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 10:48:58
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Sure is a small little mistake. Well, it can be overlooked anyway, just inform the author of the mistake and it would be corrected.

Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb?
I don't think someone would correct it now, BTW.

Perhaps Brian.R.James who wrote the article might correct it.
eomer Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 10:32:04
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Sure is a small little mistake. Well, it can be overlooked anyway, just inform the author of the mistake and it would be corrected.

Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb?
I don't think someone would correct it now, BTW.
Shadovar Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 10:04:49
George Krashos Posted - 19 Apr 2006 : 08:28:30
Looks like a mistake to me.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000