Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Authors upcoming FR novels

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 28 Aug 2005 : 12:36:18
I like lists and schedules so I just wanted to get an overview here of what the authors are working on for the Forgotten Realms and what we all have to look forward to. If any of the authors have any addition or changes to this then please let us all know.

Perhaps Alaundo or one of the moderators could make this sticky as well, if it's worthy and useful.

Phil Athans - The Watercourse Trilogy
Richard Baker - Swordmage (Book 1 of The Witchiron Blade)
Richard Lee Byers - Unclean (The Haunted Land, book 1 (due 2007))
Elaine Cunningham - Restoration (Songs and Swords, Book 6)
James P. David - Bloodwalk (The Wizards book 3)
Kameron M. Franklin - unknown
Ed Gentry - Neversfall (The Citadels, book 1)
Ed Greenwood - The Knights of Myth Drannor Trilogy
Jaleigh Johnson - The Howling Delve (The Dungeons, book 3)
Paul S. Kemp - The Twilight War Trilogy - Nov 2006
Jess Lebow - unknown
Murray Leeder - unknown
Thomas M. Reid - Books 2 & 3 of The Empyrean Odyssey.
R.A. Salvatore - Road of the Patriarch (Book 3 of The Sellswords)
Steven E. Schend - Blackstaff (The Wizards book 1)
Erik Scott de Bie - The Depths of Madness (The Dungeons book 1)
Lisa Smedman - The Lady Penitent Trilogy
Keith Francis Strohm - Bladesinger (book 4 of The Fighters)

I haven't listed any of the other "new dragons" authors here as I don't know if WotC only gave you a one-off tale in the anthology or if you will be writing for the Realms again. Shout up, and you can be added to the list

Still no idea of what books 2 and 4 of The Wizards are, and who is writing them.

Recent authors who are no longer part of FR:

Don Bassingthwaite - (moved to Eberron)
Edward Bolme - (moved to Eberron)
Dave Gross - (unknown )
Voronica Whitney-Robinson - Withdrawn from WotC
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 03 Oct 2007 : 17:19:41
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Rich mentioned at Gen Con that Swordmage would be set (at least in part) in Hulburg.

Dumb question I know but here goes:

Where pray tell is Hulburg?

Thanks!

Hulburg is a city located in the Moonsea area. See the relevant regional sources on the Moonsea area itself, for specific Realmslore references.
The Red Walker Posted - 03 Oct 2007 : 16:28:17
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Rich mentioned at Gen Con that Swordmage would be set (at least in part) in Hulburg.

Dumb question I know but here goes:

Where pray tell is Hulburg?

Thanks!
Brian R. James Posted - 03 Oct 2007 : 04:06:51
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Oct 2007 : 02:46:58
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

I know this has been mentioned on the forums recently, but the Amazon page is now up for Richard Baker's new hardcover novel for May next year:

The Swordmage (The Witchiron Blade, book 1)

Hmm, I checked that page, and it seems to be saying that the series title is Blades of Moonsea.
Alaundo Posted - 22 Sep 2007 : 16:12:35
Well met

I know this has been mentioned on the forums recently, but the Amazon page is now up for Richard Baker's new hardcover novel for May next year:

The Swordmage (The Witchiron Blade, book 1)

Richard's blog gives the following:

quote:
It's a class we are going to design and publish someday, but it probably won't be in 2008... with one key exception: I'm featuring a swordmage named Geran Hulmaster as the protagonist in my upcoming Forgotten Realms trilogy, beginning with the aptly-titled novel "Swordmage." It'll be out in May.

Thanks to Bob Sammis for the scoop.
nbnmare Posted - 26 Feb 2007 : 01:16:18
A new Drizzt trilogy, called Transitions, has already been confirmed. There's a short story in Realms of the Elves called "Comrades at Odds" that sets up (some of) the Transitions storylines. It seems the first book at least will focus on Obould's new kingdom, Drizzt (of course), and another regenade drow (who might remain evil, or who might turn to good).
XNedra Posted - 26 Feb 2007 : 01:05:41
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

Yall are writing more books then I can keep up with lol. And does anyone know if there is going to be another Drizzt series?

Some of us pray that there won't be...

Drizzt is WotC's golden boy. They'll not let go of him for a long, long time. I think it's safe to say that there will be another Drizzt trilogy in the next decade.

I hope there is another Drzzt trilogy. It was Drizzt that got me back into FR as I had not read or been involved in any FR campaign for about 7 years. Blame my partner he is book shy and hates when I sit and read.
Zimme Posted - 07 Nov 2006 : 10:11:46
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

quote:

I like Drizzt but I think hes a bit overhyped. But I would still like to see another series featuring him.

I think that salvatore is a great writer.... but i do belive that drizzt needs some serios challenges, when it was new it was cool with the larger than life drow ranger, but now its gettin a little old. Need gritty hardcore fights where drizzt not allways need to win. serious opposition makes things more spicey!

Wasn't fighting the Chosen of Gruumsh some tough opposition?

I got the impression, IIRC now?! It's been 3 books since I read the trilogy.

To some extend, but the fight wasent quite what I am talking about. Obould being tough and all, no mistakeing that
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 07 Nov 2006 : 00:22:39
I agree--the battle with Obould wasn't exactly a piece of cake for Drizzt.
Ergdusch Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 13:32:58
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

quote:

I like Drizzt but I think hes a bit overhyped. But I would still like to see another series featuring him.

I think that salvatore is a great writer.... but i do belive that drizzt needs some serios challenges, when it was new it was cool with the larger than life drow ranger, but now its gettin a little old. Need gritty hardcore fights where drizzt not allways need to win. serious opposition makes things more spicey!

Wasn't fighting the Chosen of Gruumsh some tough opposition?

I got the impression, IIRC now?! It's been 3 books since I read the trilogy.
Zimme Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 13:23:32
quote:

Kuje Posted - 13 Sep 2006 : 23:05:44
quote:
Originally posted by Unen_Stealthfoot

Does anybody know when RA Salvatore's third Sellswords trilogy book will come out?

Amazon has it listed for near the end of Oct of this year.
Unen_Stealthfoot Posted - 13 Sep 2006 : 22:22:16
Does anybody know when RA Salvatore's third Sellswords trilogy book will come out?
MerrikCale Posted - 03 Sep 2006 : 16:19:57
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I'm told there will be a tie-in Realms of the Undead anthology.

I will be these novels the day they come out. sounds great.
The Sage Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 01:24:07
Go right ahead. It sounds like a worthwhile idea.

If you require assistance... send me a PM .
Jhoebryn Posted - 24 Apr 2006 : 17:31:49
Could we update this thread or create a new one with a summary list of all the upcoming novels, authors, short synopsis and release dates? This way, we would all be able to go to one definitive list to see what books are upcoming and when they are due to hit the store shelves.

It could be stickied to the top of the forum listing, and should be set up so no one can post to it, only update the main note with new information.

Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

((I will be happy to create it and maintain it.))
Beezy Posted - 07 Apr 2006 : 05:51:50
quote:
Originally posted by nbnmare

quote:

Superb news!

I must agree! I love the anthology books because you get to see many authors tackle tales of a similiar sort. On top of that I have always had a fascination with the undead so this works out great.
nbnmare Posted - 06 Apr 2006 : 21:11:53
quote:

Superb news!
scererar Posted - 06 Apr 2006 : 04:43:57
quote:
Originally posted by silvermage

Excellent news, finally there is a story campaign set in Thay, and hopefully, the all time cool Zulkir of Necromancy would play an major role.

umm there have been a few novels covering this region already, but yes a dedicated trilogy would be cool
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 06 Apr 2006 : 03:52:57
nbnmare Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 20:58:01
A Thay-based trilogy focusing on the undead? This has the potential to be a Realms classic! I suspect the Red Wizard hierarchy may be given a bit of a long overdue shake-up during the course of this series...

Oh, and here's hoping for a Realms of the Undead anthology to accompany it, too (if only because it provides the perfect excuse for a story about a certain body-swapping Lich ).
Beezy Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 15:30:06
The Zulkir of Necromancy is one of my favorite characters that I get to see so rarely in the novels, so I hope to see some of him in your new trilogy. I also think the general idea so far sounds great and very interesting.
Lord Rad Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 08:24:38
Well this news makes me VERY happy! I never expected a novel, let alone a trilogy, to be based on this. I really can't wait.

Richard, I assume you're going to me this very dark, very gritty, very graphic, and very worrying to the ethics enforcers of WotC
silvermage Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 02:15:00
Excellent news, finally there is a story campaign set in Thay, and hopefully, the all time cool Zulkir of Necromancy would play an major role.
The Sage Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 02:02:59
quote:

I now have permission to share a little bit of information about my new FR project, so I thought I'd let you guys be the first to know. It's a trilogy called The Haunted Land, it's set in Thay, and it'll showcase the undead of the Realms in kinda sorta but not really the same way The Year of Rogue Dragons showcases dragons. The first volume is called Unclean, and it'll be out next year.

Oooh! This is great news... Thay, as some already know, has always been one of my favorite regions of the Realms!

Do you have a "supposed" release for this first book yet next year Richard? I mean, First quarter, second quarter for example...
Shadovar Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 01:57:07
Haunted Lands Trilogy with undead infested lands in Thay? Good, at least we see more undead in action than the usual low-ranking undead reruits as well as an insight into the undead world.

I wonder would this be an epic trilogy being planned by Mr Richard?
Lord Nemes Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 01:33:45
Sory LordRad

I posted too fast and just checked the edit date, I see just after posting that you have done the update.

Lord Nemes
Lord Nemes Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 01:30:33
Great news M. Byers!

Is LordRad still around? The list at the begining of the thread is du for a little updating.

Lord Nemes
SuperNova Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 23:39:35
Undead...awsome :D i got my shopping list for the next few birthdays
(Knights of Myth Draynor sounds awsome too)
Lameth Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 20:53:27
GREAT NEWS

THANK YOU!!!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000