Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Gods II

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arion Elenim Posted - 07 Oct 2002 : 17:39:09
C'mon folks.....who is your favorite god? Why?

I personally favor Cyric and Larethian...two VERY intriguing deities...I really enjoy how classy and vicious the two of them are...despite their conflicting ends...

The more passionate the god, the more fun they are to see in a campain....IMHO.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jander Sunstar Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 22:24:38
Well things changed, since Shar created the shadow weave Mystra is no longer the only deity of magic. Her powers are limited for only Toril so she will never be able to challenge even the deities but with Lathander she can act against both cyric and Shar and maybe Bane. Well I don't know if Toril can take another gods' war.
Blacksage Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 20:04:05
Mystra.
For she is the one who controls the weave,
For magic is the greatest power in FR.

(one day we mystrans will overthrow lord AO)(no,... no! no our almighty lord i did not say anything i was in cyric's influence)
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 09 Oct 2003 : 04:35:48
Don't Quote What Your not going to read...

Cyric Does Not Want that portfolio.. He Does Not Want:
The City Of Strife
The Task Of Torturing Faithless
The Deviants That uprise
The hassle Of Convert Myrkuls Old Deviants.

Although I Agree Cyric Would Enjoy Nothing more Then To Kill Kelemvore. But he has already.. Im sure that can hold his bloodlust off until His name Is Worshipped by all including The False Deities That Fools worship today..

Of Course Some Deities Will be Given The Special Pleasure of Eternal Torture and Pain to the fullest extent such as the "Witch of The Weave".
Arteris Posted - 09 Oct 2003 : 03:16:09
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric-The-Insane

I hate kelemvore Almost as much as I hate mystra..

Only reason Cyric is gonna let Kelemvore Live is because he doesn't wanna waste his time with Faithless from the fugue plane..

he is in a much better postition to find The Cyrinishad
Having all assassins at his disposal.

Actually Cyric would greatly benifit from killing Kelemvor as he would regain the portfolio of the dead... So saying "He has not the time or the reason to kill him" is... Iffy
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 09 Oct 2003 : 01:16:22
Tymora is a bar wench compared to Cyric...

And I Agree with you..
Nwn Solo Sucked Horribly And Baldurs Gate SOLO!! Was much better But Not Even Bg Can compete with the multiplayer of nwn.. Created and Dming Your own World While other players Roleplay on it.. PSHHH Nwn Takes the Cake, The icing,
[Bard song that rhymes] And Leaves baldurs gate/ with an Empty Plate.

Mask Would be the perfect servant of Cyric.. (He is the only Deity Next To bhaal and Bane That I Deem Worthy To Even Serve Cyric.. The Rest should lose all their powers, then cast into Purgatory With Kezef the Chaos Hound... Ahh The Shouts of Mystra..., and Tyr as he gets his other hand chewed off.
Zimeros Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 22:04:47
I agree with Zemd, I think Tymora is the best!
Cyric Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 07:42:13
okey i belive you and they are a good match even Cyric in all his glory ned a ally and mask is a good servant and a friend. And i of course love Cyric but i find neverwinter night a bit boring i preafer Baldurs gate. And one thing i think should be change is Cyrics lack of allys he should have gods bowing befor him.
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 02:41:32
*Sigh* I Doubt they are a good match at all...
Mask although has quite a good Portfolio of Intrigue...

Cyric has more portfolios under his belt as well Cyric is a GREATER POWER and Mask is only a LESSER POWER.

Now for the proof that mask is a pawn of Cyric: (I can't Belive A Fellow Cyricist is Rejecting the truth!)

(Word For Word Of What went on After Gods Bane was Destroyed)

"When the light subsided, a shadow-wrapped figure lay before the Prince Of Lies, its back broken, tears welling in its rose eyes."Ah, mylove,I was fool to betray you."Cyric Dropped the sundered blade "You." The black mask had fallen away from the shadowlords face, revealing features that shifted and warped like the cloak of darkness that hid its form. A soft, feminine visage coarsened into a man's.An aquiline nose blunted into bulbousness, flattened, then narrowed and turned up at the end.Only two features on Mask's face remained constant: the god's glowing red eyes and the pale fangs extruding from his lips."If I had read the Cyrinshad sooner, realized your greatness before it was too late."The shadowlord slumped to the floor. "I never would have kept him (Kelemvor) hidden from you." Mask's form melted away into a pool of darkness, which merged with the Death God's own shadow."

(There you have it.. undeniable Proof Straight from Prince of Lies Novel)
Just To Stay ahead of everyone and to prove my latter statment..

"There was a new kingdom to build. After all, Cyric was still a deity-God of Strife and intrigue, Patron of Murder."

There are other good Quotes I could take proving His New Found Portfolio But I won't waste my time Until you people Say something that deserves more quotes..

WHO HERE THAT LOVES CYRIC PLAYS NEVERWINTER NIGHTS???

Cyric Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 20:27:04
Thats true, but i not sure abut that abut mask in 3edition of faits and pantheons it says no souch thing but i rember reading somthing like you said in the books and on a other post her some one byemask i think it was he said that mask hatet Cyric. But they ar a good match i would say
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 20:26:35
I hate kelemvore Almost as much as I hate mystra..

Only reason Cyric is gonna let Kelemvore Live is because he doesn't wanna waste his time with Faithless from the fugue plane..

he is in a much better postition to find The Cyrinishad
Having all assassins at his disposal.
NightElf Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 17:08:01
Since we are talking about Cyric here, I have to mention that my favourite gods are Cyric and Kelemvor.

Both of these two have the same general portfolio (the whole death thing) and both have less than friendly feelings towards each other.
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 05:09:28
Ahh most indeed he is...

After The Cyrinishad was read by The Zhent keep leader (who was possesed by mask so mask actually read it) Mask began to belive what it said...

Later on When cyric relised he had not bested Godsbane during the times of trouble, He split the sword in half and in its wake was kelmovore and Mask. Mask then fleed with Cyric out of the City of Strife. Not before pledging his apology for hiding kelmovores soul and for plotting against Cyric.

Also at the very end of the Novel It was said that after Cyric awoke in his newly constructed world he could sense the every thought and prayer of theives and assassins lurking in shadows within Faerun.

Mask for all you Lesser Scribes was the God of intrigue Which and basically the icon for any Rogue.
Cyric Posted - 05 Oct 2003 : 08:34:44
So true Cyric is suprem in all things we should all bow befor him and is mask his servant i dont remember reading abut mask being his servant
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 05 Oct 2003 : 04:38:34
According to 3rd addition I would disagree Bane is as powerful as Cyric. Although cyric lacks worshippers Due to the Destruction of His holy City Zhentil Keep, That doesn't help Bane either. Bane was depending on The Zhents for Worshippers as well.

Now Bane And Cyric are Duking it over The protfolios Because they rule over similar Domains. But I think Cyric will win over that BY FAR... Cyric has Mask at his service because Mask read The Cyrinishad.. (Dumby..). But Bane just recently returned so whats another diety?? Cyric killed 3 and has converted another deity to follow his religion.

Now about This whole killing Helm thing.. Uh Don't think So.. I wasn't saying Cyric was stronger then Helm During Times of Trouble.. Cyric was still mortal But could you say Helm was all that much stronger then Cyric???

If Cyric never went to the Celestial Stairway he could rightfully do anything through the realms that directly angered Helm and Helm couldn't do anything.. Helm has no power outside of the task assigned to him..

In conclusion Students, Cyric is Master of all!!
Arteris Posted - 05 Oct 2003 : 02:20:04
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric-The-Insane

Actually.. Cyric had the power of two gods during the tiems of trouble..

Because Godsbane was actually mask
and Cyric obviously is justa s pwoerful as a Diety Being able to Match bhaal In a Fight

Helm shouldn't even be considered as a Deity during the times of Trouble anywase Not like he had any Freedom at all

First he Killed mystra "Whome it was Said", he loved..
And its not like he could leave anytime HE HAD TO GUARD THE CELESTIAL GATEWAY I dont Remeber any of his preists Getting their prayers Answered either

Lets here what you have to say about that!

Ok.. So if what your saying is true, then if Tyr, or Illmater or Torm were sent to guard the Celestial Gateway and they didnt have the time to answer there followers BECAUSE THEY WERE GIVEN A SPECIFIC TASK BY LORD AO HIMSELF then they would be just as big of losers correct? And if Cyric had the power of 2 gods then why didnt he simply kill Helm? Big deal, Cyric was able to match Bhaal in combat. Bane killed him... And Bane is WAY more powerful than Cyric (Though Cyric is cooler)
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 05 Oct 2003 : 02:05:25
Also You said that no fool could become a deity but what about Malor!

Defination Of Fool - One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

Although Malar is efficient in Senses He lacks the other two traits.
He lacks the Judgement to recruit allies if he wishes to steal the Portfolio's of other gods.
It is even stated that Malar how enough power to overcome most deities but lacks the knowledge to actually do it
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 05 Oct 2003 : 01:53:21
Actually.. Cyric had the power of two gods during the tiems of trouble..

Because Godsbane was actually mask
and Cyric obviously is justa s pwoerful as a Diety Being able to Match bhaal In a Fight

Helm shouldn't even be considered as a Deity during the times of Trouble anywase Not like he had any Freedom at all

First he Killed mystra "Whome it was Said", he loved..
And its not like he could leave anytime HE HAD TO GUARD THE CELESTIAL GATEWAY I dont Remeber any of his preists Getting their prayers Answered either

Lets here what you have to say about that!
Arteris Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 20:06:20
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

He is and always wil be a fool

That dosnt answer my question... Saying hes a fool dosnt make him a fool, hard evidence is required
William of Waterdeep Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 18:55:14
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Why do we have two topics on this?
My arm-long list of preferred deities is:
Mystra, Loviatar, Selune, Shar, Sune, Eilistraee, Kiaransalee, Sehanine Moonbow & Ilsensine.(Copied from Cyric's Let's talk about gods, who do you think is cool? topic)

I thought the samething but is does say Favorite Gods II,so
I guess its part 2.What ever the case,I'm flexable.
Arivia Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 15:31:12
Why do we have two topics on this?
My arm-long list of preferred deities is:
Mystra, Loviatar, Selune, Shar, Sune, Eilistraee, Kiaransalee, Sehanine Moonbow & Ilsensine.(Copied from Cyric's Let's talk about gods, who do you think is cool? topic)
Cyric Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 10:32:20
Death to all who oppose Cyric. Bow down before his supreme power, and yield to him the blood of those that do not believe in his supremacy. Fear and obey those in authority, but slay those that are weak, of good persuasion, or false prophets. Bring death to those that oppose Cyric's church or make peace, order, and laws, for only Cyric is the true authority. Break not into open rebellion, for marching armies move the false deities to action. Fell one foe at a time and keep all folk afraid, uneasy, and in constant strife. Any method or means is justified if it brings about the desired end.
Cyric is the best what is there to resist
William of Waterdeep Posted - 03 Oct 2003 : 22:19:53
quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

They're cant really be a fav for me.. So Ill devide em up into good/evil

Evil- Cyric/Shar (Man shes cool)

Good- Mielikki/Silvanus/Elistraee

Inbetween- Gond

Chaotic- Tempus

Lawful- Kelemvor

Actually I don't have one favorite and I agree with your list with
the exception of Lawful.I would have to add Tyr.I know he is almost
considered to be a God of paladins but I like him.Also Moradin but he
is a Dwarf God,I know.
Kiarnon Posted - 03 Oct 2003 : 22:03:20
Tymora lies close to my heart.
Cyric Posted - 03 Oct 2003 : 19:47:08
He is and always wil be a fool
Arteris Posted - 03 Oct 2003 : 05:45:59
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

a onother follower of Cyric be praised brother and yes all should bow befor The suprem god and of course Cyric would have crushed the fool helm. And is this a old voting coming back why did you not add something to mine voting abut gods i am offended

How is Helm a fool? All I said was I dont like his style of out front battle, like my charectors and everything else I do (Counter Strike especially) I prefer to do things as safe and planned out as possible, and even though I dont agree with Helms logic.. No "fool" could ever become a god so obviously hes not a "fool". Plus he showed his loyalty to Lord Ao and did his task just as he was asked.
The Cardinal Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 17:31:22
Well I've already said who on various other BUT I might as well say who in the official one as well
1 Lolth ( Obviously for controlling the Drow with an Iron fist)
2 Shar ( revenge, bitter, like a slow seeping poison, something to admire)
3 Auril ( Cold and Cruel, How can you not like her?)
4 Umberlee ( AKA The *itch Queen, she must be given thanks lest she drag all down to her watery home)
5 Velsharoon ( Why? Cause he's the only Deity of Magic than not only promotes searching for greater power, but also that he pays no lip service to Midnight, Azuth maybe but not Midnight.)

I'm with Cyric-The-Insane on Death to Mystra! Of course I wouldn't bow to Cyric... FAR too unpredictable for my insane tastes. But all Deities I have chosen are, of course, power hungery... Notice the trend?
Cyric Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 16:22:36
a onother follower of Cyric be praised brother and yes all should bow befor The suprem god and of course Cyric would have crushed the fool helm. And is this a old voting coming back why did you not add something to mine voting abut gods i am offended
Lina Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 14:09:11
The Gods in FR books I've read so far don't really have a major hand in day-to-day events of the story. Therefore, the alignment of the character which we favor often influences our choices of favorite gods. Having said this the gods I favour in no particular order are Selune, Cyric and Mielikki.
Arteris Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 02:53:44
Actually, if Cyric had been a god durring the Time of Troubles, he would have lost his divinity just like everyone else and would not have been able to defeat the still divine Helm no matter how powerful a mortal he may have been. And the 4 dietes he slayed were also mortal at that time.

P.S. Helm sucks :oP j/k I just dont like goody goody Im gonna stand infront of you dieties (This includes Paladins/Good Clerics)
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 02:17:36
Helm only stood so proud because Cyric wasn't a god yet!
And You Know It...

Cyric Slayer of 4 Dieties (According To The Cyrinishad)

Death To Mystra...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000