Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dragons of Faerun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ericlboyd Posted - 12 Feb 2006 : 23:18:26
click here

Mod Edit: shifted to the correct forum.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Dec 2010 : 14:07:44
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Where's the write-up of Nurvureem the drow-dragon?

Nurvureem, "The Dark Lady"
Zireael Posted - 10 Dec 2010 : 13:33:44
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

quote:
Not really, unfortunately. We only had so much room. There are few listed in the big old Table of Dragons though.

--Eric

Shame. I always liked their tie to Drow (moreso than to Shadow Dragons), but I understand the limited room issue.

Thanks for answering. :)

Yeah, I would have preferred tying the Jaezred Chaulssin to deep dragons rather than shadow dragons, but that ship sailed long ago, with the write-up of Nurvureem.

--Eric

Where's the write-up of Nurvureem the drow-dragon?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 16:54:59
quote:
Originally posted by Ranin

So...about them dragons. According to the Monster Manual it says that dragons are either good, such as the metallic, or evil such as the chromatic. I would most likely think, in my view of course that dragons would tend towards neutrality due to their isolationist nature.

Being isolated (or preferring that) doesn't preclude still wanting the best for everyone... Just because you don't want (or, for some reason, can't have) direct interactions doesn't mean you don't care.
Ranin Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 16:49:22
So...about them dragons. According to the Monster Manual it says that dragons are either good, such as the metallic, or evil such as the chromatic. I would most likely think, in my view of course that dragons would tend towards neutrality due to their isolationist nature.
Arkhaedun Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 11:17:00
We are moving on from this topic. If you have an issue about that particular decision, it will be handled through PM, not in this thread. Please move on, and PM Alaundo or one of the moderators if you wish to discuss this further, but right now, weather a request or a demand, its done. Thank you for moving on, and lets get back to discussion Dragons of Faerun.
nemesisdragon Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 06:57:51
LOL, wow, didn't know the topic was the well known. Well sorry Wooly if you think i'm making demands, but I assure you i'm not. It is a request. A REQUEST. Just trying to get the topic more exposure to get more opinions on it is all. I don't appreciate the manner in which you jumped my chops but I'm a big boy and I can handle it. Don't know of any rule you insist I am breaking either, why don't you please inform me if you don't mind through PM or something. Anyways, that's not my point here. I am simply giving some input on some game material I would like to see published, plain and simple. If you don't get that, I don't know what to say.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 05:48:05
...and all who know better know not to stick their hand in a furious hamster's cage!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 01:00:11
quote:
Originally posted by nemesisdragon

Ah, this will carry over from other boards eh? lol.

No, it will not carry over from the other boards.

We are aware of the discussion that went on over there, and it is because of that discussion that I am commenting.

Eytan, Eric, Ed, Steven, Elaine, and a whole bunch of other designers and writers are kind enough to donate their time and energy to discussions with us. We do not make demands of them, nor do we insist that they satisfy our every whim. If you cannot play by the rules, you will be asked to leave.
nemesisdragon Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 00:37:56
Ah, this will carry over from other boards eh? lol. Mr. Bernstein, I still insist that you all do a web enhancement on some more dragon varieties. I won't go into detail because you know what I'm talking about but could I bother either you or Eric to look in the general forum here on candlekeep and look at the two special dragons thread. I put up quite a bit of realms lore for the electrum and yellow dragon for the nay-sayers. Anyways, still like the idea that Razz has brought up, ND out!! :P
EytanBernstein Posted - 19 Jun 2007 : 00:04:08
I can't say much about that material and is was Eric's work, but I did include a list of dragon deities in the dragonfire adept installment of Class Chronicles.
Razz Posted - 18 Jun 2007 : 21:42:43
I do hope we'll one day see that part of "Chapter 4" cut out come up as a Web Enhancement Part 4.

I think it's been long overdue for a "Faiths&Pantheons" style write-up for the Draconic Pantheon. (minus the deity-stats, of course, for space reasons.)

Now is as good a time as any to get those draconic deities (other than Bahamut and Tiamat) involved and written out.

Also, it would make sense, considering Dragons of Faerun stated that the Great Cycle is coming again. And we know the Great Cycle is basically the draconic deities receiving a sudden influx of worship.
EytanBernstein Posted - 25 Mar 2007 : 18:32:15
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

I was just wondering, how many levels of Beholder Mage does Lestch’cymatium have?

NDA
Kajehase Posted - 25 Mar 2007 : 16:10:13
I was just wondering, how many levels of Beholder Mage does Lestch’cymatium have?
EytanBernstein Posted - 09 Mar 2007 : 11:23:51
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Uh, Eytan... Can we get a translation of this line?

quote:
When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard in 2d4 daysssful level check (1d20 + 24) against DC 16.

That should probably read:

"When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard in 2d4 days with a successful level check (1d20 + 24) against DC 16."

Of course, since Amilek is considered 24th level, and (as an undead) isn't subject to negative levels or level drain, the check always succeeds, so you can just shorten it to:

"When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard in 2d4 days."

...which is probably how the whole mishmash happened.

This is how it read when I submitted it "When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard with a successful level check (1d20 + 24) against DC 16."

Of course, that always succeeds unless some sort of magic is altering its checks or levels in some way. We still include it in the stats for the small possibility that something like that might happen (and because some people might not entirely understand how level checks work, so including the information saves them some effort).
Garen Thal Posted - 09 Mar 2007 : 01:19:54
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard in 2d4 daysssful level check (1d20 + 24) against DC 16.

That should probably read:

"When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard in 2d4 days with a successful level check (1d20 + 24) against DC 16."

Of course, since Amilek is considered 24th level, and (as an undead) isn't subject to negative levels or level drain, the check always succeeds, so you can just shorten it to:

"When Amilektrevitrioelis would otherwise be destroyed, it returns to its hoard in 2d4 days."

...which is probably how the whole mishmash happened.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Mar 2007 : 00:48:31

quote:
EytanBernstein Posted - 08 Mar 2007 : 21:44:38
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

Wow, I guess you've seen a lot of me recently.

Sorry who are you again?

If only I knew. :)
Dargoth Posted - 08 Mar 2007 : 10:38:58
quote:

Sorry who are you again?
EytanBernstein Posted - 08 Mar 2007 : 09:26:15
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Mar 2007 : 03:35:38
Hey, look, the second web enhancement!

(The first was, of course, the Roll Call of Dragons.)
EytanBernstein Posted - 01 Jan 2007 : 13:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by Danubus36

Hey guys!

I was wondering if more information about the Church of Tiamat outside the Unther/Old Empires will be released? I enjoyed the info that was given in the book, but Im looking for more info about what the Church is up to say in the Cold Lands, Moonsea, or even what its doing to twart the COTD near Sembia. Also the info on the Church priestess and rankings were nice, but I was wondering if we could see more info for outside Unther and how the Church operates since the Rage happened. Im also wondering about what the Church is doing with the Tearfall eggs and how its going about incorporating the COTD cells into its ranks.

btw, hey Blackwill. Getting info so I can play on your server

Hi Danubus. Some informaton is provided about the activities and followers of Tiamat in a few other places, but it's not particularly comprehensive. As for what happens with the eggs, well, we know that Tiamatans really love to experiment with hybrid and crossbred draconic creatures.
Danubus36 Posted - 29 Dec 2006 : 19:24:04
Hey guys!

I was wondering if more information about the Church of Tiamat outside the Unther/Old Empires will be released? I enjoyed the info that was given in the book, but Im looking for more info about what the Church is up to say in the Cold Lands, Moonsea, or even what its doing to twart the COTD near Sembia. Also the info on the Church priestess and rankings were nice, but I was wondering if we could see more info for outside Unther and how the Church operates since the Rage happened. Im also wondering about what the Church is doing with the Tearfall eggs and how its going about incorporating the COTD cells into its ranks.

btw, hey Blackwill. Getting info so I can play on your server

EytanBernstein Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 12:56:21
That's probably something Eric is more qualified to answer because he did most of the history/dracorage/Year of Rogue dragons information. I was somewhat more responsible for the monster, traps, hazards, adventures, spells, and some other parts of the book.
Blackwill Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 06:55:40
Thanks for the help so far fellow scribes. This will certainly allow me to carry on my research.

Eytan, did you have a chance to glance over my earlier questions I quoted below? Any thoughts on these would be greatly appreciated of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwill

I don't have a lot of time to read, so I try and read whenever possible. That's why I'll be shooting of a few questions every so often.

The first questions I had were specifically about the History of Dragonkind, more specifically, Turning of the Great Cycle.

It is said that meteors rained Faerûn during 1374. Some of these are supposed to be dragon eggs. Here are my questions. Which kinds of Dragons are these eggs from? Where did they come from? Was this a divine intervention by both Bahamut and Tiamat? Is there anything known of what the future holds for these eggs, and what this precipitates in Faerûn?

The next question would be this. Now that the Dracorage mythal is destroyed, wouldn't the elves notice this, and feel compelled to recreate it? Would this kind of high magic be possible again?

I'm sure more questions will be boiling up soon. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PS. I don't own the noval trilogy Year of the Dragons, so I'm sure I'm missing some info from them. Apologies for that.

George Krashos Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 03:16:26
And the original, original reference was from Dragon #110.

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 12 Dec 2006 : 23:28:36
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Adding to my former (unanswered ) questions.

In the chapter Cult of the Dragon there is mention of a kingdom called Peleveran which is built against the landrise in the Shaar. Is there anymore information known about this old kingdom? I haven't come across the name untill now, and am curious what history it has.

Concerning the Dragon Well I was wondering, again, if any further information was given in other resources? Is the Dragon Well the only place Dragons come to die in? Is there anything magical drawing in the dragons to this place? Now that the Cult has a Frotress atop this "draconic cemetary", what power does this give them?

Enough questions from me for now. Again, I'd love official answers or your very wise opinions fellow scribes.

Peleveran appears in the old Cult of the Dragon source book and under Gargauths entry in Powers and Pantheons

I seem to recall there are other Dragon death sites in the 2ed Draconomicon

There's also a tiny bit about Peleveran in 2e's Running the Realms, specifically with regard to the Rage.
Dargoth Posted - 12 Dec 2006 : 20:45:58
quote:

In the chapter Cult of the Dragon there is mention of a kingdom called Peleveran which is built against the landrise in the Shaar. Is there anymore information known about this old kingdom? I haven't come across the name untill now, and am curious what history it has.

Concerning the Dragon Well I was wondering, again, if any further information was given in other resources? Is the Dragon Well the only place Dragons come to die in? Is there anything magical drawing in the dragons to this place? Now that the Cult has a Frotress atop this "draconic cemetary", what power does this give them?

Enough questions from me for now. Again, I'd love official answers or your very wise opinions fellow scribes.

Peleveran appears in the old Cult of the Dragon source book and under Gargauths entry in Powers and Pantheons

I seem to recall there are other Dragon death sites in the 2ed Draconomicon
EytanBernstein Posted - 12 Dec 2006 : 20:39:26
quote:

I'll let Eric comment on the first question. As to the well, I believe there is information about it in the FRCS and Lost Empires of Faerun. That's certainly where most of my initial information came from. The power it gives the cult is the fact that all sorts of draconic knowledge and secrets are buried deep within and there are lots of dragon skeletons. As to what draws dragons there, you'll have to wait and see.
Blackwill Posted - 12 Dec 2006 : 18:56:33

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Dec 2006 : 00:01:54
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:

(Probably not, but at least it could explain the gratuitous cleavage.)

Does gratuitous cleavage actually need an explanation?

Only when you get caught staring, I would imagine.

Not that I know that from experience or anything, you know. That's never happened to me when a certain lady friend of mine is standing right next to me. Nope. Never.

See, you've got to master the art of staring without actually staring... I think I've got it down, myself. At the Flogging Molly concert in March, we were standing next to two attractive girls who were happily groping and making out. After the concert, my girlfriend was surprised when I said I was intently watching -- she'd not even seen me looking at them.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000