Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Best info on Daggerford?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 07:50:41
Im thinking of running a campaign starting in Daggerford and Im looking for the most up to date infomation on the town

So far Ive come up with the following sources for Daggerford info

Volos Guide to Sword coast (Limited info)

Under Ilefarn (Lots of info)

The North (Alot of info and the most recent FR product to cover Daggerford)

and then theres the Age of Worms conversion (Which Im not sure how canon it is)

Eric: In the Age of Worms Overload it says that "Future Forgotten Realms products will not treat the events in the Age of Worms adventure path as “canon"

Now does this apply just to the events in the modules or also to your conversion as well ie the Assination of Pwyll and the Cult of the Ascened Lovers in Daggerford etc

Also any ideas when the City of Spendors Web Enhancement will come out?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Volo Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 13:35:42
I ran an all-vampire group through a one-shot in Waterdeep one week last year, but that's it. As for information about Daggerford, what you've found is pretty much it, but I'd personally give more credit to Volo's work than The North, simply because it doesn't include such an overboard number of adventurers living in one town. (Which would crash the economy.)
Sammael Posted - 30 Jan 2006 : 16:50:19
I've used a team consisting of a lich, death knight, and huecuva as antagonists before. They were all created by Velsharoon himself and were working for Cult of the Dragon at the time.
ericlboyd Posted - 27 Jan 2006 : 16:57:50
quote:

By the way Eric what do reckon the chances are of Kelthas the Dread (Mohrg follower of Mykrul) and Gaucelm Gonfrey (Death Knight created by Mykrul) would go looking for the Eye of Mykrul in the Mere of Dead men?

Certainly an interesting idea. However I doubt they'd do it together.

Hmm, as anyone ever put together an "all-sentient-undead" adventuring party?

--Eric
Dargoth Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 14:27:26
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Nothing about the Age of Worms conversion is canon, including the assassination of the duke. That's not to say I might not use the Cult of Ascended Lovers in another product some day (I like the idea).

As for the Daggerford supplement in The North, I've always felt the class levels were a little ridiculous. I'd make most of them commoners, experts, warriors, and aristocrats in my campaign, if I set it there.

I asked again about the web enhancement and I'm hopeful for February.

--Eric

Ah ok

Yeah I do like the Ascended Lovers idea

It would make an interesting inter faith group sort of like Sun Soul monks

By the way Eric what do reckon the chances are of Kelthas the Dread (Mohrg follower of Mykrul) and Gaucelm Gonfrey (Death Knight created by Mykrul) would go looking for the Eye of Mykrul in the Mere of Dead men?
KnightErrantJR Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 13:32:07
Between the web enhancement and the online Paizo articles, its got to be a little frustrating waithing to see your stuff online, doesn't it Eric? Thanks for doing the extra work!
ericlboyd Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 12:05:00
Nothing about the Age of Worms conversion is canon, including the assassination of the duke. That's not to say I might not use the Cult of Ascended Lovers in another product some day (I like the idea).

As for the Daggerford supplement in The North, I've always felt the class levels were a little ridiculous. I'd make most of them commoners, experts, warriors, and aristocrats in my campaign, if I set it there.

I asked again about the web enhancement and I'm hopeful for February.

--Eric
Arivia Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 11:53:19
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Just flicking through The North reading the Daggerford section and is it just me or is there an exceedingly large number of people with class levels in that town?

Also whats a C as in C6?

At first I thought it was C for Cleric but The North uses P for Priest is it C for Crusader? (The class they brought in for F&A)

It is Cleric-remember, clerics and specialty priests were technically separate classes.
Dargoth Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 10:22:10
Just flicking through The North reading the Daggerford section and is it just me or is there an exceedingly large number of people with class levels in that town?

Also whats a C as in C6?

At first I thought it was C for Cleric but The North uses P for Priest is it C for Crusader? (The class they brought in for F&A)
warlockco Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 08:43:02
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Now does this apply just to the events in the modules or also to your conversion as well ie the Assination of Pwyll and the Cult of the Ascened Lovers in Daggerford etc

My take is the Assassination is not Canon, and everything that is associated with it isn't Canon either. Otherwise run with it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000