Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 25 Feb 2005 : 18:40:51
Well met

This being a collective scroll of any questions the Scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a new author of the Realms, namely - Erik Scott de Bie, author of the upcoming novel for the new Fighters Series - Ghostwalker, as well as contributing to the Realms of Dragons II anthology..

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Barastir Posted - 09 Oct 2019 : 13:12:43
Very happy to know about your work with Mrs. Cunningham for your Legends of the Forgotten Realms project. Please keep us informed about it!
Fellfire Posted - 20 Nov 2016 : 08:23:10
Erik, we haven't seen you around in a while. I hope you still monitor this this scroll. What's new? Sadly, I doubt it's anymore Realmswork from you. Alas. Forgive me if I've asked this before. I was just reading through DoM again and I noticed that it seems you took pains to describe Betrayal as shorter (and possibly heavier) than a normal rapier. What is the significance of this? Does it have anything to do with the fact that Neveren was dark elven? You know magic sword-lore is one of my favorite topics. I hope you see this soon and can comment. Thanks.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 24 Aug 2015 : 17:43:28
Hey everyone,

Not to shift the topic wildly, but here's a thread you should check out, to support my D&D Extra-Life campaign, and thus unlock a new SHADOWBANE story. (!!!)

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20407

Cheers,
Erik
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 03 Jul 2015 : 02:07:23
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

1) The sword makes a lot more sense now, though from what I recall, Gedrin awoke with it after a dream. If Helm gave Gedrin a piece of his divine essence, I would think that he would have placed more restrictions on it. Surely Helm doesn't want servants of Hoar using his divine essence. Are there any other characters of yours who definitely could not use Vindicator?
Well, that's the dream Gedrin had. That doesn't actually mean that's where it *actually* came from, nor that the sword is necessarily infused with Helm's essence, though you can see why Gedrin might think that. It's a matter of faith.

On a mechanical level, some gods wield weapons they themselves created--some don't. If Vindicator is literally Helm's sword, who knows where it might have come from originally? Or if being a blade of multiple deities isn't its intended purpose all along? Or if Vengeance somehow perverts it?

Lots of questions. Maybe a few answers in the next book . . . assuming that ever happens.

quote:
2) I read the Night Mask writeup for Cloak and Dagger, and those items are beastly. I still think Manshoon would be too powerful for Kire, but given the ending of "Spellstorm", it's possible than Manshoon is in no condition for that fight.
It's debatable whether Manshoon would even *want* to contest Westgate. The Zhentarim used it as a stepping stone to get back into power, but it has lost most of its appeal. Manshoon left Kire in charge of the city, and Kire has quickly subsumed it to his will instead.

quote:
3) Lilten strikes me as being more powerful than Kire, but Kire doesn't fear him. Is that because I'm overestimating Lilten, or because Kire is underestimating him?
Who knows? Lilten *is* a bit of a mystery.

Kire has a healthy wariness of Lilten, that's for sure. They know each other from a long, long time ago, and both have reasons to be careful of the other. Their chess match has gone on for over a century now.

quote:
4) Does Fayne really worship Beshaba? The books constantly refer to her magic as being noticeably from the Feywild, and Lilten is called her patron. So why the antlers? She seems to be strictly a fey pact warlock, and she doesn't seem especially reverent.
I think I can give a straight answer on that one: not really. She worships Beshaba in the way that most Realmsfolk have a patron deity. Beshaba is her patron deity--the one who would claim her soul were it to find itself in the Gray Wastes. She has a healthy respect/disdain for all the deities of the Realms, but she's about as religious as your typical professional criminal.

Mechanically, Fayne is a 4th edition warlock with the Fey Pact, and if I were to build her in 5e, she'd be a 5th edition warlock with the Fey Pact.

As for the antlers, well, you might find a hint about that in, hmm, say, the 3e Races of Faerun book, under tiefling. (At least, I *think* that's where the note is.)

quote:
5) You mentioned once that Lilten's similarities to Graz'zt were intentional, but he is neither Graz'zt's son nor his cultist. He is often referred to as the Lost Heir, supposedly in reference to the lineage of his noble daemonfay house. Do the cultists believe him to be an aspect of Graz'zt?
Based on the fiendish origins of the Dlardrageth house (and he is explicitly called "Lilianviaten Dlardrageth" in SB:EOJ, assuming Ilira isn't wrong or lying, and he does talk about his sister, Sarya), I wouldn't count out an actual blood relation to old Six-Fingers.

And yes, it's entirely possible that he might have convinced a few cultists here and there that he's a demon prince. I mean, he's been alive and active for centuries--one imagines he'll try anything once or a dozen times.

quote:
6) Why does Kire not simply turn Myrin into a vampire? Is it her he wants (she's his daughter, right?) or simply the power she possesses?
Well, turning someone into a vampire isn't that easy, particularly when she's surrounded by powerful defenders. Recall that he *did* attempt to have her kidnapped for him (way back in Downshadow proper), but that didn't work out so well. So he's being cautious.

And yes, he does want something from her.

And what makes you think she's his daughter?

Cheers
Lilianviaten Posted - 22 Jun 2015 : 03:15:10
"Maybe" Cythara is dead? What reason would she have for faking her death?
Lilianviaten Posted - 22 Jun 2015 : 03:11:26
1) The sword makes a lot more sense now, though from what I recall, Gedrin awoke with it after a dream. If Helm gave Gedrin a piece of his divine essence, I would think that he would have placed more restrictions on it. Surely Helm doesn't want servants of Hoar using his divine essence. Are there any other characters of yours who definitely could not use Vindicator?

2) I read the Night Mask writeup for Cloak and Dagger, and those items are beastly. I still think Manshoon would be too powerful for Kire, but given the ending of "Spellstorm", it's possible than Manshoon is in no condition for that fight.

3) Lilten strikes me as being more powerful than Kire, but Kire doesn't fear him. Is that because I'm overestimating Lilten, or because Kire is underestimating him?

4) Does Fayne really worship Beshaba? The books constantly refer to her magic as being noticeably from the Feywild, and Lilten is called her patron. So why the antlers? She seems to be strictly a fey pact warlock, and she doesn't seem especially reverent.

5) You mentioned once that Lilten's similarities to Graz'zt were intentional, but he is neither Graz'zt's son nor his cultist. He is often referred to as the Lost Heir, supposedly in reference to the lineage of his noble daemonfay house. Do the cultists believe him to be an aspect of Graz'zt?

6) Why does Kire not simply turn Myrin into a vampire? Is it her he wants (she's his daughter, right?) or simply the power she possesses?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 21 Jun 2015 : 19:52:31
quote:

Mr. de Bie, I've been rereading your Shadowbane novels while anxiously awaiting The Kingdom of Night. So, of course I have a few more questions and observations.

Well met, Lilianviaten! Most of those are secrets to be revealed, but I'll see what I can say . . .

quote:
1) Is the power of the sword based wholly on belief? Kirenkirsalai fears it, but his protege Vengeance is allowed to use it, despite being infused with vampiric blood. And at the end of Downshadow, Kalen had to forgo killing Rath to regain his worthiness. So I'm confused about the qualifications necessary to use the sword. Can you clear that up?
As I hope is becoming increasingly clear, Vindicator is like any other sort of magic--a powerful tool, to be used for good or evil. It is not sworn to a particular deity, but rather takes on characteristics of the deity its wielder believes in. It is indeed fueled by faith, but it can be good faith or evil faith, and its powers shift to match.

Kalen's own personal struggles with being a paladin are reflected in Vindicator, but the incident with Rath was more about him than the sword. Only a person secure and powerful in his/her faith and purpose can wield Vindicator, whatever that faith might be--anyone else is burned by touching the blade. And once Kalen reconciled himself to his cause, he could wield the sword again.

quote:
2) I read your Dragon article about Westgate. It was interesting to see that Kire is Manshoon's servant. In the novel, Kire believes that once he reassembles the regalia of the Night King, Manshoon won't be able to stop him. Kire isn't nearly as powerful as Manshoon, so just how powerful are these items? Is each piece of the regalia a legit artifact?
The Regalia of the Night King is fully detailed in the CLOAK AND DAGGER 2e supplement, though their powers might have changed somewhat over the intervening century and a half, and yes, each of the three pieces of the Regalia is a powerful magical artifact. It is indeed possible that having all three would allow Kire to rise as the new Night King and be more powerful than Manshoon ever was (in that role, at least).

quote:
3) Lilten tells Rhett that there are few things one wouldn't do for love. Readers have been trying to guess what big plan Lilten has in mind. Is all of this really just some ploy for him to win Ilira's affection again?
Now that would be telling, but you're on the right track. Hard to say how legit Lilten's affections really are, but he and Ilira definitely do seem to have a thing.

quote:
4) Your Dragon article mentions a cult of Graz'zt in nearby Elversult, which is extending its influence to Westgate. Is this Lilten's play to disrupt Kire's Night Masks from dominating the city? Was it only Cythara involved with the demon cult before, or did Lilten have some involvement as well?
I don't believe Lilten is involved in that cult, and Cythara is dead (well, *maybe*). That said, there *may* be a connection, though probably not the one you're thinking.

quote:
5) Is Ilira the enemy who Kire dueled years ago, forcing him to run to the Underdark? Or was the duel fought over Ilira?
Yes to one of those.

quote:
6) Your Dragon article mentions that Vengeance wields the sword, even after his near death at Kalen's hands? How is it possible that a full vampire can wield the sword? I thought that Kire's fear of it was based on his vampirism. So what is the real reason Kire can't touch the sword? (And I'm assuming that Lilten can't either)

Ah, now, here's where it gets interesting.

Vindicator was the sword that Gedrin Shadowbane wielded when he and the fledgling Eye of Justice drove the Night Masks from Westgate during the Wailing Years (1485-1495). Kire fought Gedrin personally and was wounded almost to the death by that sword--hence his aversion. The sword is not necessarily instant death to vampires or any particular creature, but it's powerful enough Kire fears it. And what he fears, he needs to control.

Recall above where I mentioned Vindicator being powered by faith? Kire is a faithless creature himself--he couldn't wield Vindicator even if he tried, and its very touch scalds him. But Vengeance, on the other hand, is a true believer in his particular god (Hoar), and he's strictly loyal to Kire. This was Kire's plan all along: to produce his own wielder of that sword, mostly to keep it safely pointed away from him, but also as a symbolic inversion of his hated enemy (Gedrin), destroying his legacy with his own sword.

Does that make sense?

Cheers
Lilianviaten Posted - 21 Jun 2015 : 17:53:18
Mr. de Bie, I've been rereading your Shadowbane novels while anxiously awaiting The Kingdom of Night. So, of course I have a few more questions and observations.

1) Is the power of the sword based wholly on belief? Kirenkirsalai fears it, but his protege Vengeance is allowed to use it, despite being infused with vampiric blood. And at the end of Downshadow, Kalen had to forgo killing Rath to regain his worthiness. So I'm confused about the qualifications necessary to use the sword. Can you clear that up?

2) I read your Dragon article about Westgate. It was interesting to see that Kire is Manshoon's servant. In the novel, Kire believes that once he reassembles the regalia of the Night King, Manshoon won't be able to stop him. Kire isn't nearly as powerful as Manshoon, so just how powerful are these items? Is each piece of the regalia a legit artifact?

3) Lilten tells Rhett that there are few things one wouldn't do for love. Readers have been trying to guess what big plan Lilten has in mind. Is all of this really just some ploy for him to win Ilira's affection again?

4) Your Dragon article mentions a cult of Graz'zt in nearby Elversult, which is extending its influence to Westgate. Is this Lilten's play to disrupt Kire's Night Masks from dominating the city? Was it only Cythara involved with the demon cult before, or did Lilten have some involvement as well?

5) Is Ilira the enemy who Kire dueled years ago, forcing him to run to the Underdark? Or was the duel fought over Ilira?

6) Your Dragon article mentions that Vengeance wields the sword, even after his near death at Kalen's hands? How is it possible that a full vampire can wield the sword? I thought that Kire's fear of it was based on his vampirism. So what is the real reason Kire can't touch the sword? (And I'm assuming that Lilten can't either)
Fellfire Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 18:42:48
Ah, if only someday were today then all my dreams would come true. Now, hurry up wit that new novel. More FaTs please. Oh, I'm still waiting for them chapbooks. Less chatter more splatter.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 17 Feb 2015 : 22:08:04
Hail and well met, Fellfire.

quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

In EoJ you make use the Duchess of Venom and the Duke of Whispers from the Night King's Court. Where did you find these guys? I'll check Lords of Darkness, I'm not sure where else to look.
You'll find these characters discussed at length on pages 41-42 of Lords of Darkness, and before that on page 53 of Cloak and Dagger. EOJ further extrapolates on them and offers a few details about them from AFTER LoD.

quote:
They dropped the ball with Orbakh and the Manshoon Wars.
That certainly would have been a pretty awesome anthology or novel. Who knows? Maybe someday.

quote:
I wonder what you were doing with the Night King's regalia. Is that part of the next Shadowbane?
That is indeed the plan. If you have read my Backdrop: Westgate article, that would give you some more modern insights into Kirenkirsalai and his nefarious plans, which utilize the regalia. But yes, it's mostly a plot hook I purposefully left for a future novel.

Cheers
Fellfire Posted - 17 Feb 2015 : 21:33:58
Eric, in EoJ you make use the Duchess of Venom and the Duke of Whispers from the Night King's Court. Where did you find these guys? I'll check Lords of Darkness, I'm not sure where else to look. They dropped the ball with Orbakh and the Manshoon Wars. I wonder what you were doing with the Night King's regalia. Is that part of the next Shadowbane?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 31 Aug 2014 : 22:01:27
Some day! Some day.
Fellfire Posted - 31 Aug 2014 : 21:26:02
Now if only we could get Erik to throw us a bone and give us one of FaTty's chapbooks to whet our appetites and drum up some support, my mid-summer Christmas would be complete
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 16:58:18
Shamelessly not Realms related, but if you're a fan of my work (particularly GHOSTWALKER or the SHADOWBANE series), check out my similarly themed comic book Kickstarter. Also if you like superheroes, booze, and/or all the ninjas.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3546342/justice-vengeance-libations-for-the-dead-vol-1

Cheers,
Erik
yurilowell Posted - 01 Jun 2014 : 23:15:46
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Thanks for the kind words, both of you! I'm glad you're enjoying SotWK. I'm currently writing the sequel, and it's a pretty amazingly fun experience.

Please consider posting a review, if you feel so inclined.

Cheers

Well I already gave it 5 stars with some high praise over at amazon. Let us know some of the other sites with reviews that could be helpful and I'll gladly post there as well.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 30 May 2014 : 20:16:47
Thanks for the kind words, both of you! I'm glad you're enjoying SotWK. I'm currently writing the sequel, and it's a pretty amazingly fun experience.

Please consider posting a review, if you feel so inclined.

Cheers
yurilowell Posted - 30 May 2014 : 18:35:36
I'm not trying to brown nose you at all, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with Shadow of the Winter King. What a refreshing book. All of the fantasy elements are balanced so extremely well. What a joy to read. I'm very much looking forward to the next one. I know it takes more than 1 review and one person to buy your book to keep things going but I'll do my part in recommending this to everyone I know to help make sure all 7 of the series are able to be written. Thanks again!
The Red Walker Posted - 22 May 2014 : 15:52:15
finaly had some time to catch up on things and what do I find?

A long anticipated novel for my Kindle!! Cant wait to start reading SotWK at my lunch break today Erik.

Hope all is well with you and yours and looking forward to even more of your work in the future.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 06 May 2014 : 20:06:47
Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
xaeyruudh Posted - 06 May 2014 : 18:31:26
Grats on the busyness, Erik! Being busy is lots better than going hungry. Lookin forward to reading your work.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 06 May 2014 : 17:06:52
Hail and Well Met, friends,

I've been away for a while, and here I am to explain why: I'm publishing three novels this year, plus a comic book, plus all this Red Aegis work. Busy scribe is busy.

If you're curious, the first and most "Realmsy" of my novels, SHADOW OF THE WINTER KING, book one of the World of Ruin series (something I know many of you have been waiting for, sometimes for years) is now available through Amazon, Dragonmoon Press, and an e-signing. Here's the basics:

An aging assassin goes on one last quest to avenge his fallen king, to light one last fire in a darkening world--and perhaps change it. Game of Thrones meets Fallout by way of Assassin's Creed.

Like I said, the book is in the same vein as my Realms work, and I think you'll find it a comfy spot to put up your boots.

Also, for those of you who read WHEN THE HERO COMES HOME, my story in that anthology ("Oathbreaker") was a prequel to this novel. Many of the same characters (including the main character) are the same.

Cheers
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 31 Jan 2014 : 23:07:00
quote:

Erik, can we please have some teeny, tiny spoilers regarding where you might take the series?
Why not?

quote:
1) For instance, do you plan to return to Waterdeep, Luskan, or Westgate? Or would Saer Shadowbane be looking for new hunting grounds?
I had planned to write at least 2-3 books in Westgate, of which EOJ is the first. After that, who knows?

The next book I had planned is SHADOWBANE: KINGDOM OF NIGHT, which takes place in Westgate at least a couple years after EYE OF JUSTICE, and involves the Night King of the Night Masks. The following book (no working title yet, but there are plans) is a departure and heads to a series of unexpected places.

When those books will be written, well, that's up to the Powers that Be. I am only a simple scribe.

quote:
2) When Mystra returns and repairs the Weave, will the spellscars of Myrin and Kalen disappear?
I don't know, is the honest answer. I don't think so. I mean, Mystra's revival hasn't automatically solved broken things in the past, like dead/wild magic zones, etc. But we'll see.

It's also possible that SB:KON will take place before the Sundering is at an end, so it's hard to say.

quote:
3) Your series deals with many of Shar's servants as villains. Do you foresee this changing if Netheril gets wiped out in 5e? Or do you see Shar as a natural enemy of Helm? (assuming that Kalen gets his powers from Helm)
I think it's rare to find a Sharran who *isn't* a villain in at least some way, as her faith attracts evil people by default. That said, Sithe (from SHADOWBANE) was pretty hardcore but not a villain, exactly. It's interesting to see a variety of worshippers of a god who don't necessarily fit the expected mold.

If Netheril gets wiped out, that would make some difference to what I have planned, but honestly, they aren't that significant to the Shadowbane story. No doubt some shades will survive, and those to whom they have granted power won't necessarily lose that power.

I think Shar is a natural enemy of Helm, as she represents the drive to destroy everything that he is in place to protect. And Kalen definitely has this whole "war against darkness" thing going on. So yeah, I expect Shar will still be an enemy for him, regardless of how she comes out of the Sundering.

quote:
3) Lilten seems to have a snobbery regarding the superiority of elves, but is he truly an elf at heart?
Well, that's the question, isn't it? There's some about him that's definitely elven, and some that is definitely something else. He was raised among elves a LONG time ago, before they even considered humans more than rodents, and he derives from a particular bloodline that is overly haughty even by elven standards. So yeah, not a surprise that he's got an snobbish streak. But then again, he's been around a LONG time and met a LOT of people, and he's something of the black sheep of his particular family.

quote:
I mean, would we hate a drow instantly if he met one? Would he desire to see Evermeet, or go to Arvandor when he dies?
Lilten doesn't *hate* anyone. He doesn't have time for that. People are either in his way or aren't. And I have no doubt that he *has* seen Evermeet (and probably has no desire to see it again) and that Arvandor would bore the stuffing out of him.

quote:
And will he be inclined to come to Myth Drannor's aid when the Shadovar attack?
My first instinct is to say "fiddling while Myth Drannor burns," but you never know with him. He has a surprising amount of nobility, and he definitely wants to see the elven race preserved. After all, that was the purpose of his birth. So he might help, though he wouldn't want anyone to know he did so. After all, he has a reputation to uphold.

quote:
As a random aside, I wish you and RAS could have written a book together regarding the current state of Luskan. Lilten meeting Jarlaxle would be awesomeness personified.
That would indeed be fun, and the devastation that would cause when the two went on a bender would be mythic. Maybe it already happened--I mean, that's one way to explain Luskan's state in 4e FR.

Cheers
Lilianviaten Posted - 31 Jan 2014 : 21:06:09
Erik, can we please have some teeny, tiny spoilers regarding where you might take the series?

1) For instance, do you plan to return to Waterdeep, Luskan, or Westgate? Or would Saer Shadowbane be looking for new hunting grounds?

2) When Mystra returns and repairs the Weave, will the spellscars of Myrin and Kalen disappear?

3) Your series deals with many of Shar's servants as villains. Do you foresee this changing if Netheril gets wiped out in 5e? Or do you see Shar as a natural enemy of Helm? (assuming that Kalen gets his powers from Helm)

3) Lilten seems to have a snobbery regarding the superiority of elves, but is he truly an elf at heart? I mean, would we hate a drow instantly if he met one? Would he desire to see Evermeet, or go to Arvandor when he dies? And will he be inclined to come to Myth Drannor's aid when the Shadovar attack?

As a random aside, I wish you and RAS could have written a book together regarding the current state of Luskan. Lilten meeting Jarlaxle would be awesomeness personified.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 12 Jan 2014 : 06:23:36
I'm not sure what you're talking about the links?
Fellfire Posted - 12 Jan 2014 : 00:49:31
I'd assumed that they were one and the same, but after reding your Westgate article and Cloak and Dagger, I'm not so sure.

And what is with the odd Friendschecker/Zoosk links in your posts?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Jan 2014 : 23:56:11
quote:

Though I suppose if you're not gonna spill the beans on Neveren, you're not going to for him either.
I wonder what the relationship between those two is...

Cheers
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Jan 2014 : 23:53:44
quote:

Yes, I finally made it to your page, Erik, but Illira doesn't feature in any of your shorts there (that I could find). I'll keep an eye out for it next time I read EoJ. Here's another one for you though. Are Kire's powers over shadow because of his Shadowdancer training or is he some kind of variant vamp (Dragon 348)? Also, I'd like to know more of the shadowy rapier he wears that has been mentioned several times now.
I won't rule out the possibility of Kire being some kind of shadow vampire, but that wasn't the intention. He was a mortal adventurer with some thiefly and arcane talent (a Wizard/Thief in fact), and when he became a vampire he still had his powers, and they were in some way affected by the Spellplague (he lost his wizardly powers and relearned how to use a small amount of magic, making him mostly a rogue rather than a wizard). His background is much articulated already, and he is a character who has existed since at least Cloak and Dagger.

I suggest you read my Backdrop: Westgate article for more detail.

As for his shadow rapier, it's a weapon he conjures with his arcane abilities. Similar but less powerful than a Black Blade of Disaster.

Cheers
Fellfire Posted - 11 Jan 2014 : 23:46:30
Though I suppose if you're not gonna spill the beans on Neveren, you're not going to for him either.
Fellfire Posted - 11 Jan 2014 : 23:39:41
Yes, I finally made it to your page, Erik, but Illira doesn't feature in any of your shorts there (that I could find). I'll keep an eye out for it next time I read EoJ. Here's another one for you though. Are Kire's powers over shadow because of his Shadowdancer training or is he some kind of variant vamp (Dragon 348)? Also, I'd like to know more of the shadowy rapier he wears that has been mentioned several times now.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Jan 2014 : 23:15:30
Website works ok for me. Try again?

I'd take anything Kirenkirsalai or Lilianviaten say with a boulder of salt. One of them is a unscrupulous immortal villain, and the other is a vampire.

Cheers

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000