Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite forgotten realm?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 10 Oct 2005 : 22:36:12
Which is your favorite forgotten realm?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GRYPHON Posted - 31 Jul 2015 : 18:42:21
The High Forest...
Rymac Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 05:28:49
I would choose the Sword Coast, if only because the Western Heartlands aren't an option. I've always been drawn to the eastern end of the Chionthar valley and the River Reaching, specifically Irieabor and the Sunset Vale.

The Dragon Coast would be a strong second. I so wish there had been a proper sourcebook for the region, or at least a Volo's Guide to the Dragon Coast.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 03:46:36
This poll needs an "Other" option. Zakhara would be my pick.
Sylrae Posted - 23 Nov 2014 : 07:26:12
I voted for the Dale Lands, but really for me it's all about the Mythals, particularly Myth Drannor.
Alamadaeo Posted - 20 Nov 2014 : 01:58:37
Rashamen, The Western Heartlands, The Sword Coast, and The Silver Marches are all wonderful places to adventure.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 02 Feb 2014 : 20:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by jameslt0

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Too little covered. For me, it's most anything roughly north of Baldur's Gate.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

My fave place is Waterdeep, but it's not on the list...

I voted for the Sword Coast. Which I think covers anything roughly north of Baldur's Gate and Waterdeep.

James

Um, it covers the entire Sword Coast.
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 02 Feb 2014 : 18:06:55
I voted for the Dalelands (especially since the my favorite PC, Drustan, originally came from Harrowdale), but I also really like The Moonshaes (because they have a very Celtic feel, and I'm of Scottish/Irish descent), Waterdeep, The North, Rashemen, Silverymoon, Cormanthyr... NWAA!!! There are too many places I like to list!! (Maybe I should have kept things simple and said, "Anywhere but Thay.")
VexHaus Posted - 31 Jan 2014 : 18:49:47
I kinda like the Western Heartlands myself. Definitely has a sort of 'wild frontier' feel that shows no favoritism for any particular alignment or faith, with large tracts of wild and dangerous lands of all sorts of different climates and terrain hiding many ancient fallen civilizations and their dungeons while still being dotted with enough large independent city-states for folks more interested in urban intrigue. And while it may not have deserts or oceans, they're still accessible from the Western Heartlands being adjacent to both the Anauroch and the Sword Coast. Seems like the only things really missing are a jungle and the influence of a strong national cultural identity. There's enough blank slate there for a good DM to come up with all sorts of interesting plot hooks without the concern of clashing with established canon (mind you, not that there's anything wrong in tinkering with the setting to fit your needs).
The Arcanamach Posted - 05 Dec 2013 : 00:01:37
I voted the North, but for me that includes everything from Daggerford to the extreme north in equal measure.
Alruane Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 22:13:30
Sword Coast definitely.
Dennis Posted - 19 Apr 2010 : 20:29:05
I'm always fascinated by Netheril, ever since it's glory days in Karsus's time and till now, when Shade Enclave is in rise to power. So my vote goes to it.
woodwwad Posted - 25 Dec 2009 : 06:29:35
I voted for Amn, I think it is a great setting. I've yet to run it and havn't played there either. Other than Balder's gate II. But I'm planning on making that a major focus of my next Forgotten Realms campaign. Which should start late 2010, after I finish the one I'm running now.

I'm listing if I've played, DM below. And leave the settings blank if I've done neither.

Thay DMed
Amn
Calimshan
Netheril/Anauroch
The Dale Lands DMed and Played (in more than one campaign) really like the Dales
Cormyr DMed and Played
Halruaa
Mulhorand DMed
The Sword Coast Played
The Moonshae
The North
The High Forest
froglegg Posted - 13 Dec 2009 : 02:48:25
Just have to love the Dale Lands.

John
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 01 Dec 2009 : 00:44:02
Recently started reading The Lost Empires book on Ancient Netheril, I'm liking this place. Lots of magic being tossed around- no wonder it was eventually destroyed...
J D Dunsany Posted - 29 Nov 2009 : 14:11:23
I'm a big Icewind Dale fan - mainly because of the two CRPGs which managed to evoke, through image and, principally, sound a very unique sense of place. The first IWD novel, as well, is very effective in this regard.

Rashemen is an awesome place and I love the lore associated with it.

But, for very different reasons, so is Halruaa and I'd have to say, thanks in no small part to Elaine's excellent 'Counsellors and Kings' series, Halruaa just edges it for me. Amongst other things, if I was a Faerunian, that's the kind of place I'd like to live...
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 29 Nov 2009 : 05:39:15
Got to be silverymoon, Mithral Hall (the dwarves!!), and Waterdeep! Though old Myth Drannor is up there, too.
IlexGarodan Posted - 23 Nov 2009 : 13:07:07
Kozakura. Hands-down.

Oh! You mean in Faerūn? In that case, it would have to be Waterdeep and surrounding area.
MrsDrasek Posted - 14 Nov 2009 : 00:20:22
Sembia for me.
Mr_Miscellany Posted - 05 Nov 2009 : 03:40:15
Cormyr!
Sandro Posted - 06 Oct 2009 : 10:47:45
Definitely Netheril, mainly due to my love of wizards and magic. I also really like the Sword Coast (likely due to too many hours playing Baldur's Gate), Icewind Dale (I still think there should be an Icewind Dale trilogy that actually spends all its time on the Dale...) and Cormanthyr (the Myth Drannor from Elminster in Myth Drannor is one of my favourite cities, in any fantastic world).
Quale Posted - 26 Sep 2009 : 16:58:31
The Moonshaes and Rashemen.

Rafe Hasbrouck Posted - 24 Sep 2009 : 11:14:35
Chose the Dales, really like the variety and they are surrounded by adventuring opportunity on all sides! And we're adventuring there in our current campaign.
Aerik DeVallo Posted - 11 Aug 2009 : 03:31:55
Rashamen. A people of warriors and shield maidens, ruled by masked witches who take no lip, and are just plain awesome. Even the very land itself is awake with old and mighty power. Puts off a great Norse feel and mood.

My second would have to be both Evermeet, and Cormanthyr in Elminster's time. Simply because elves are awesome.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 10 Aug 2009 : 06:36:59
My favorite area is the Sword Coast. Right now though, I'm a huge fan of the High Forest (what I voted for because I missed the Sword Coast option) and also Cormyr. And yet, I always seem pulled back to where it all began for me... the Sword Coast.
savedbygrace Posted - 10 Aug 2009 : 06:01:52
The Sword Coasts. My arrival to Faerun was in the deep water harbor of Waterdeep. I fell in love with the scope of life which inhabits the streets above and halls of Undermountain below. The safety of the ever present Watch and the threat of never diminishing danger struck a fine balance of what one could expect in life. Loads of political intrigue and a thick, mysterious network of officials and non officials also played a hand in stealing my admiration.
skychrome Posted - 26 Jul 2009 : 05:04:31
Border Kingdoms! and also the Dalelands.
RedneckBadgerLord Posted - 27 May 2009 : 20:33:49
Icewind dale, just pin a sign that says "Drizzt fan" on me.
Nerfed2Hell Posted - 12 Dec 2008 : 22:17:14
Favorite? Waterdeep, I think... but I'm also a big fan of Maztica, and not afraid to admit it.
ErskineF Posted - 12 Dec 2008 : 05:17:56
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth
I sorta mushed waterdeep into "swordcoast"

Well drat. I assumed it would be included in the North, so that's what I picked. ;)
The Sage Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 00:00:45
I've always had some interest in Sembia, especially when it was a region left specifically for DM's to develop.

Thus, my Sembia is a very different place from the one currently depicted in the Realmslore.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000