Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 My FR Tattoo...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 06:10:11
Ok, fellow sages, since I trust your opinions when it comes to FR, I was wondering if you could help me out with something.

I want to get a tattoo (my fourth) with something of the Realms. I want to get something that is somewhat elven, some what Realmsian, and of course, cool.

Currently, all my tattoos are from gaming, so anything really goes. Just not anything too crazy... like no full portraits of Drizzt..

And no giant space hamsters, either!

C-Fb
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fillow Posted - 20 May 2009 : 20:35:26
No pics of your tattoos yet ?
questing gm Posted - 16 May 2009 : 14:30:13
I think having a tatoo of the 3E FRCS ring logo on the cover would be pretty neat. IIRC, the script alongside the rings said something.
Nefarious Posted - 12 May 2009 : 15:14:38
I was contemplating some type of pirate skull on one arm. This gives a good thought. I might go with Cyric or Velsharoon's symbol.
Alisttair Posted - 11 May 2009 : 15:54:32
quote:
Originally posted by coach

be careful guys, you may get a cease and desist from WotC and have to amputate the offending limb containing the tattoo of their IP

On a similar note, if the many people and places of the Forgotten Realms are in my head, will I have to be decapitated
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 May 2009 : 07:01:31

Let's not encourage anyone -- either an overly enthusiastic lawyer or one of the folks that so hate WotC that this will seem possible!
coach Posted - 08 May 2009 : 22:28:58
be careful guys, you may get a cease and desist from WotC and have to amputate the offending limb containing the tattoo of their IP

:)
Marquant Volker Posted - 08 May 2009 : 16:05:39
it would be the best in my opinion
Alisttair Posted - 08 May 2009 : 14:43:50
I was kind of thinking about maybe one day getting a tattoo. I'm wondering what people would think if I got the Harper's crescent moon and harp symbol as a tattoo on my shoulder.
The Red Walker Posted - 22 Oct 2008 : 14:28:10
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn

I found this old thread, and I was curious if any one had any new gaming ink?

Not I, but for those questioning earlier about Khelben's mark, it's the mark beneath my name here on Candlekeep.

SES

Ah I see..... I can't decide if it looks like a scarab beetle or a frowning tiki god face!
Fillow Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 20:39:07
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

>.>

Wow, I posted that topic 3 years ago. Wow.
I'll see if I can get a picture taken of it. Baenre symbol, like I said.
That and my Horde tattoo. I am way too much of a geek.
C-Fb

Good topics regularly come back to surface !

Indeed, I'd really like to see these tattoos.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 03:13:31
Nice!
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 02:46:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

On a kinda-sorta related noted, one of my Lords of Waterdeep has the FedSuns logo tattooed on his shoulder.
Aye.

A couple of the more famous NPCs in most of my campaigns often have similar [and yet sometimes strange] identifying marks. One that immediately springs to mind is a certain Unseen antagonist who has a "smilie-face" of sorts with a drop of blood over it.

How'd you make that reference? My guy, at least, had a reason for that logo: Before winding up in the Realms, he first served in the Davion Heavy Guards and then as an instructor at the NAIS.

This particular Unseen had been friends with a vigilante, known as the Comedian, from another Prime World. It wasn't until a wave of killings of "past-their-prime-heroes" in Waterdeep that this Unseen got involved in my campaign. Apparently, the Comedian had recently travelled to Waterdeep via portal to attend a special "multiversal crime-fighting conference" that was being chaired by a member of the Harmonium faction from Sigil. The Comedian was mistaken as an old member of "the Watch" and accidently killed during this period. His Unseen friend later turned up in Waterdeep after learning what happened. Upon arrival he started impersonating the Comedian in an attempt to find the murderer. The "smilie face with blood" tattoo was something the Unseen crafted as a remembrance for his fallen friend.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 02:18:37
quote:

quote:

On a kinda-sorta related noted, one of my Lords of Waterdeep has the FedSuns logo tattooed on his shoulder.
Aye.

A couple of the more famous NPCs in most of my campaigns often have similar [and yet sometimes strange] identifying marks. One that immediately springs to mind is a certain Unseen antagonist who has a "smilie-face" of sorts with a drop of blood over it.

How'd you make that reference? My guy, at least, had a reason for that logo: Before winding up in the Realms, he first served in the Davion Heavy Guards and then as an instructor at the NAIS.
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 02:00:32
quote:

Aye.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 01:32:30
quote:

Though a friend of mine has a "Clan Jade Falcon" [from CLASSIC BATTLETECH] tattoo placed prominently on his back.

He prolly should have put it just a bit further south -- that would be a more suitable place.

The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 00:57:01
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Dealing with all these FR symbols as tattooes (tattoos ? ) is quite funny but is there someone who dared to do it ?
About me, I did not and I wont ! I do not like tattos ! Simply !

If a scribe did it : Some pics of it ?

The closest I've come to having a "fictional" image for a tattoo is having Atrus's famous "The ending has not yet been written" quote in D'ni script prepared by a local tattoo artist. I'm still deciding whether I want to go ahead with it.

Though a friend of mine has a "Clan Jade Falcon" [from CLASSIC BATTLETECH] tattoo placed prominently on his back.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 22:51:09
>.>

Wow, I posted that topic 3 years ago. Wow.

I'll see if I can get a picture taken of it. Baenre symbol, like I said.

That and my Horde tattoo. I am way too much of a geek.

C-Fb
Fillow Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 20:45:07
Dealing with all these FR symbols as tattooes (tattoos ? ) is quite funny but is there someone who dared to do it ?
About me, I did not and I wont ! I do not like tattos ! Simply !

If a scribe did it : Some pics of it ?
Alisttair Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 11:31:13
A tattoo of the Harper symbol on the shoulder would be kind of neat...
Fillow Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 04:41:46
quote:

quote:

This sigil was already in the cyclopedia of the Realms, p.59.

Yes, but the cardstock version comes with a funky colour scheme!

Right, but maybe a little bit too shiny for a tattoo?...
The Sage Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 01:45:25
quote:

Yes, but the cardstock version comes with a funky colour scheme!
danbuter Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 00:53:43
I recommend a giant profile of Drizzt that covers your entire back. :)
Fillow Posted - 19 Oct 2008 : 19:26:15
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Oct 2008 : 23:45:53
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

Not I, but for those questioning earlier about Khelben's mark, it's the mark beneath my name here on Candlekeep.

SES

Indeed. And the image was on one of the cardstock sheets in the 2E FRCS boxed set.
Steven Schend Posted - 18 Oct 2008 : 23:15:51
quote:

SES
bitter thorn Posted - 18 Oct 2008 : 21:09:08
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 03 Jan 2006 : 14:59:35
I'll see if I can get my scanner working to scan it in and put up a link.

C-Fb
Steven Schend Posted - 03 Jan 2006 : 13:33:06
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

How Khelben's wizard mark looks like anyway?

Don't know of any online sources of the mark, alas.

Well, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get it made into a rubber stamp for signing BLACKSTAFF when it comes out in the summer. (Well, that along with my signature, one would think...)

SES
Who is still without a new tattoo
The Sage Posted - 02 Jan 2006 : 01:02:35
It's originally presented in both the Old Gray Box and the 2e FRCS.

I can't find a link for it online.
Thelonius Posted - 01 Jan 2006 : 20:41:48
How Khelben's wizard mark looks like anyway?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000