Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anthologies and Tales overviews

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 09:07:29
Well met

I seek thine assistance, fellow scribes...

I wish to collate brief overviews on all the short stories contained in the numerous Realms anthologies. The aim of this is to provide readers with brief information on each of the stories for the purpose of if the reader wishes to read about a particular subject or area of the Realms etc.

If any are willing to take on this project then it would be greatly appreciated and credit will be given, of course.

To date, the anthologies are as follows. remember, these are short stories so don't post too much information and give the game away

Realms of Valor
Realms of Infamy
Realms of Magic
Realms of the Underdark
Realms of the Arcane
Realms of Mystery
Realms of the Deep
Realms of Shadow
Realms of the Dragons
Realms of the Dragons 2 (soon)
Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters
The Best of the Realms - Book 1

Many thanks.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BountyHunter Posted - 27 Feb 2017 : 14:15:24
Can anybody tell me if Jeff Grubb's Reunification story, continuing the adventures of the characters from the DC comic, has been reprinted in any anthology? Or do I have to track down the DRAGON back issue it was in?
Dennis Posted - 14 Apr 2012 : 05:24:28
quote:
Originally posted by farinal

Hi everyone! I've read the "Realms of the Elves" anthology book and the new Drizzt anthology book. (The cover was the main reason I bought it too, it was too good lol)

I like the Underdark, the deities and secret organisations of Realms like Harpers etc. So which anthology book would you recommend to me? What do you think about the Realms of the Underdark? Also I think Realms need more anthology books than novels.

Realms of Shadow. RAS has a short story in it, where Jarl and Entreri appeared...
Xysma Posted - 13 Apr 2012 : 19:50:00
quote:
Originally posted by farinal

Hi everyone! I've read the "Realms of the Elves" anthology book and the new Drizzt anthology book. (The cover was the main reason I bought it too, it was too good lol)

I like the Underdark, the deities and secret organisations of Realms like Harpers etc. So which anthology book would you recommend to me? What do you think about the Realms of the Underdark? Also I think Realms need more anthology books than novels.

Realms of the Underdark is good, but it's a bit different than the other anthologies, there are only five novellas in the collection. It has Mark Anthony's Drizzt tale, a fun romp with Ed, a great story by Elaine, a good one by Roger E. Moore, and one by Brian M Thomsen, whose work I loathe, but you can decide for yourself.

This may be a stupid question, but have you read the Harpers series?
farinal Posted - 12 Mar 2012 : 12:30:54

Xysma Posted - 08 Feb 2012 : 20:15:44
Hey guys, just popping in to say hi. I've got to check in every once in awhile, even though I haven't played D&D in over a year. I still plan on finishing this project one of these days though.
Dennis Posted - 23 Nov 2011 : 15:17:00

Wow. I didn't know a thread like this exists. Quite helpful, really.
Xysma Posted - 16 Sep 2010 : 15:45:33
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Hello Candlekeep scribes. I know I'm not on here much anymore, 4E kind of killed things for me, but I do still want to finish this project. I recently sent an update to Alaundo that includes the stuff from the last couple of years, the novels, Ed's Spin-a-yarns, etc. So look for it probably after the next update. That being said, I'm still missing quite a few dates, locations, and summaries. Anyone that would be interested in helping me finish this project, let me know.

Well, Xysma. Welcome back fellow scribe.

As for finishing the project... what do you need? I *could* be of some assistance.

Really I just need some help filling in the blanks, if you want, pm me your email and I'll send you my latest version. I'd say just pick dates, locations, main characters, or summaries, or any combination and let me know, so I won't duplicate your efforts.
The Sage Posted - 16 Sep 2010 : 02:26:57
quote:

Hello Candlekeep scribes. I know I'm not on here much anymore, 4E kind of killed things for me, but I do still want to finish this project. I recently sent an update to Alaundo that includes the stuff from the last couple of years, the novels, Ed's Spin-a-yarns, etc. So look for it probably after the next update. That being said, I'm still missing quite a few dates, locations, and summaries. Anyone that would be interested in helping me finish this project, let me know.

Well, Xysma. Welcome back fellow scribe.

As for finishing the project... what do you need? I *could* be of some assistance.
Xysma Posted - 15 Sep 2010 : 19:01:48
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Feb 2009 : 22:22:38
Welcome back again. Glad to hear you're into D&D again, too.
Xysma Posted - 12 Feb 2009 : 20:08:41
Back again, this time MIA due to Final Fantasy 12, and I just kind of lost interest in D&D in general after the $e switch. But I'm back now with renewed vigor, my best friend who I played D&D with when I first started 20 years ago or more has now joined our group. Even better, we've started playing at his house, which relieves the pressure from my wife, who was sick of it every week since we met (I've been married five years and have been playing with my core group for 10). Anyway, I think I'm going to get back to work on this project, I'd like to finish it eventually. If anyone wants to participate, post your summaries here and I will compile them.
Xysma Posted - 13 Sep 2008 : 05:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Glad to see you back.

Thanks RF, glad to be back, NWN2 was fun though. The crappy chipset that came with my new pc and my massive workload finishing up my degree kept me from playing it until now, but it was worth the wait, I thought.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 11 Sep 2008 : 20:56:51
Glad to see you back.
Xysma Posted - 11 Sep 2008 : 19:42:06
quote:
Originally posted by hawkytom

This is my attempt to help build on this thread as I read more and more of the stories, I'm not sure if your still updating it or not Xysma, but this is a wonderful tool. Will do my best to have no spoilers:

quote:

Realms of Valor

“Patronage”
Cook, David
Year: 1362 DR

Characters: Koja
Description: Involves Koja from the Empires trilogy. Koja was the Khazari scribe of the Tuigan leader Yamun Khahan.

quote:

Realms of Valor

“Lord of Lowhill, The”
Niles, Douglas
Year: 1356 DR

Description: Pawldo from the Moonshae trilogy goes on an adventure, seeking a special gift for Robyn and Tristan!

quote:

Realms of Magic

“First Moonwell, The”
Niles, Douglas
Year:

Characters: The Goddess from the Moonshae/Druidhome trilogy
Description: History relating to the Goddess of the Moonshaes and how the first moonwell was created.

quote:

Realms of Magic:

“Common Spell, The”
Novak-Grubb, Kate

A teacher tells her students the story of Alias, Dragonbait, and Kasilith of the Swanmays and their hunt for a penanggalan in order to teach them the importance of literacy.

Year:
Characters: Kith Lias, Marl, Lisaka, Alias, Dragonbait, Kasilith, the Swanmays

This story already has the information, however I would like to highly recommend this story for anybody who is familiar with Alias/Dragonbait from the Finder's Stone books.

quote:

Realms of Valor:

“Curse of Tegea, The”
Denning, Troy
Year: 1360 DR
Characters: Adon

Description: Following the Time of Troubles, Adon from the Avatar Series, sets out to heal some of the damage that still lingers, while hoping the gain some new worshipers of his Goddess.

Thanks hawkytom, I've been MIA lately, distraught by $E and I finally bit the bullet and got a new graphics card and started playing NWN2 (great fun, by the way) so I've not been on much. That being said, I am still working on this project, I update my word document more often than this thread, but I really appreciate your input, keep it up! I need all the help I can get.
hawkytom Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 09:13:06
This is my attempt to help build on this thread as I read more and more of the stories, I'm not sure if your still updating it or not Xysma, but this is a wonderful tool. Will do my best to have no spoilers:

quote:

Realms of Valor

“Patronage”
Cook, David
Year: 1362 DR

Characters: Koja
Description: Involves Koja from the Empires trilogy. Koja was the Khazari scribe of the Tuigan leader Yamun Khahan.

quote:

Realms of Valor

“Lord of Lowhill, The”
Niles, Douglas
Year: 1356 DR

Description: Pawldo from the Moonshae trilogy goes on an adventure, seeking a special gift for Robyn and Tristan!

quote:

Realms of Magic

“First Moonwell, The”
Niles, Douglas
Year:

Characters: The Goddess from the Moonshae/Druidhome trilogy
Description: History relating to the Goddess of the Moonshaes and how the first moonwell was created.

quote:

Realms of Magic:

“Common Spell, The”
Novak-Grubb, Kate

A teacher tells her students the story of Alias, Dragonbait, and Kasilith of the Swanmays and their hunt for a penanggalan in order to teach them the importance of literacy.

Year:
Characters: Kith Lias, Marl, Lisaka, Alias, Dragonbait, Kasilith, the Swanmays

This story already has the information, however I would like to highly recommend this story for anybody who is familiar with Alias/Dragonbait from the Finder's Stone books.

quote:

Realms of Valor:

“Curse of Tegea, The”
Denning, Troy
Year: 1360 DR
Characters: Adon

Description: Following the Time of Troubles, Adon from the Avatar Series, sets out to heal some of the damage that still lingers, while hoping the gain some new worshipers of his Goddess.
Rosemary Jones Posted - 23 Jan 2008 : 04:57:13
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones

REALMS OF DRAGONS II

“Woman Who Drew Dragons, The”
Jones, Rosemary

Thanks Rosemary, I enjoyed this tale tremendously, but was never able to write a synopsis that I felt good about.

So glad you enjoyed it! It was great fun to see this one come out as it was my first sale to WOTC.
Jorkens Posted - 17 Jan 2008 : 08:53:10
quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Once again, nothing wrong with talking wombats. they are still my top candidates on the list of minor characters deserving their own trilogy.

Byrt and Lugg asked me to pass along their thanks. :)

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

That wont last long with the trouble for Lugg I hinted at in my Priapurl article .
JamesLowder Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 20:13:04
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Once again, nothing wrong with talking wombats. they are still my top candidates on the list of minor characters deserving their own trilogy.

Byrt and Lugg asked me to pass along their thanks. :)

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Xysma Posted - 12 Jan 2008 : 02:37:26
Updated with tales from Realms of War.
Xysma Posted - 12 Jan 2008 : 02:35:26
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones

REALMS OF DRAGONS II

Jones, Rosemary
Year: 1373 DR -- It's actually 1362 DR and the reason for the change was "that would be cooler" from a WOTC editor :)
Location: Halfknot (a very small town halfway between bigger cities in Sembia). Otherwise known as very first time that this author was allowed into the Realms so she wasn't going to mess up the sandbox by destroying someone else's town.
Characters: Malaeragoth is an Ed Greenwood sapphire dragon. The character description used to be up on the WOTC site. And, while I had an idea for the plot before I read it, I realized Malaeragoth was the only dragon who would really, really work well in this situation.

The rest of the characters are my own. Petra, the painter, is my homage to all the great dragon artists who make the Realms books so gorgeous. Mr. and Mrs. Varney just appeared as the point-of-view characters for the story (sort of like the bugbears who infested CRYPT OF THE MOANING DIAMOND - I don't know where these characters come from but they just show up and stick their noses into my plots). Badger Bates, Nix, and Silver are the adventurers who get more than they thought they would when they start making bets about dragons.

And the WOTC description of this plot is:
"Even the painting of a dragon can be dangerous if you look it in the eye."

My description when I pitched the story was:
"Never bet with an artist -- and never refuse to pay!"

Thanks Rosemary, I enjoyed this tale tremendously, but was never able to write a synopsis that I felt good about.
Rosemary Jones Posted - 06 Jan 2008 : 19:59:40
REALMS OF DRAGONS II

Jones, Rosemary
Year: 1373 DR -- It's actually 1362 DR and the reason for the change was "that would be cooler" from a WOTC editor :)
Location: Halfknot (a very small town halfway between bigger cities in Sembia). Otherwise known as very first time that this author was allowed into the Realms so she wasn't going to mess up the sandbox by destroying someone else's town.
Characters: Malaeragoth is an Ed Greenwood sapphire dragon. The character description used to be up on the WOTC site. And, while I had an idea for the plot before I read it, I realized Malaeragoth was the only dragon who would really, really work well in this situation.

The rest of the characters are my own. Petra, the painter, is my homage to all the great dragon artists who make the Realms books so gorgeous. Mr. and Mrs. Varney just appeared as the point-of-view characters for the story (sort of like the bugbears who infested CRYPT OF THE MOANING DIAMOND - I don't know where these characters come from but they just show up and stick their noses into my plots). Badger Bates, Nix, and Silver are the adventurers who get more than they thought they would when they start making bets about dragons.

And the WOTC description of this plot is:
"Even the painting of a dragon can be dangerous if you look it in the eye."

My description when I pitched the story was:
"Never bet with an artist -- and never refuse to pay!"

Xysma Posted - 31 Dec 2007 : 02:49:28
Wizards list updated with "A Moment with Alusair" by Ed Greenwood.
Xysma Posted - 21 Dec 2007 : 03:20:02
Updated with "The Way" by Ed Gentry.

Xysma Posted - 11 Sep 2007 : 20:46:25
Updated with Every Revel a Masterpiece (part 1).
from Ed.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Sep 2007 : 06:34:03
quote:

It was only published in The Highwayman and I doubt it will make it into a Realms book. Perhaps if they decide to go with a Best of Salvatore collection...

I believe that such a book is actually in the works... If not, it would be surprising if they didn't do it.
Xysma Posted - 03 Sep 2007 : 05:34:30
quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

Was this story only puplished in The Highwayman novel? And when will it be in a real FR novel?
That`s so crazy.

It was only published in The Highwayman and I doubt it will make it into a Realms book. Perhaps if they decide to go with a Best of Salvatore collection...
Lameth Posted - 30 Aug 2007 : 19:46:37
“The Dowry”
R.A. Salvatore
“The Dowry” was a bonus for Salvatore fans included in The Highwayman novel.

After the death of Wulfgar at the hands of the yochlol, Drizzt and Cattie-Brie leave Mithral Hall, eventually making their way to Waterdeep. Here they hope to join Captain Deudermont’s crew aboard the Sea Sprit. Rather than going straight to Captain Deudermont and asking to join his crew, the two decide to capture some pirates to present to Deudermont as a dowry.

Year: 1363
Main Characters: Drizz't Do'urden, Cattie-Brie, Captain Deudermont, Robillard

-------------

Was this story only puplished in The Highwayman novel? And when will it be in a real FR novel?
That`s so crazy.
Xysma Posted - 28 Aug 2007 : 03:14:25
Updated Realms of Magic: Prologue & Epilogue (Frame story), “Gwenhwyvar”, “Smoke Powder and Mirrors”, “Magic Thief, The”
“Quiet Place, The”, “Eye of the Dragon, The”, “Every Dog His Day”, and “Common Spell, The”

Alaundo Posted - 26 Aug 2007 : 12:55:15
Well met

Great work, Xysma. 'tis indeed a splendid resource
Xysma Posted - 26 Aug 2007 : 05:32:43
I decided to go ahead and update this thread to include changes, additions, and the AD&D and Forgotten Realms comic books series. As always, please feel free to fill in the gaps so we can get closer to a finished product.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000