Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which Archmage? test

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 29 Aug 2005 : 19:43:44
This is about as general "General Realms" chat as you can get:

I thought the sages might find this amusing. Doesn't have much to do with Realmslore, per se, but 6 of the 8 outcomes are famous (or infamous) Faerunian archmages.

Which Archmage are you?

Cheers
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sfdragon Posted - 26 Apr 2015 : 09:33:26
I got nothing when I did it, not but a blank spot.

its a farse and not but a farce, to be put before me, munched swallowed and expelled me backside for wasting my time.
jmason107 Posted - 25 Apr 2015 : 17:36:00
I got Elminster
Dungeon Moron Posted - 24 Oct 2005 : 22:57:28
Hardly comes as a surprise that i got Manshoon as archmage out of my test.
And he isnt even one of the Seven Sisters
Shadovar Posted - 24 Oct 2005 : 02:49:41
I again took the test to see if there is any changes from the previous, unexpectedly, I ended up with Halaster Blackcloak, 39% Whimsy, 45% Ruthlessness, 23% Routine.
Darkheyr Posted - 23 Oct 2005 : 19:48:10
Ha! Fools, all of you, with the limited might of a kangoroo!

More it takes to handle magic as a master, like myself, the Great Halaster!
FreezeChaser Posted - 20 Oct 2005 : 11:51:29
I got Manshoon, 34% Whimsy, 40% Ruthlessness, 38% Routine.
The Destroyer Posted - 20 Oct 2005 : 11:06:11
I ended up with Szass Tam, well that should not make me a nothing more than bones and scrap garment.
Myssa Rei Posted - 11 Oct 2005 : 11:30:42
52% Whimsy, 15% Ruthlessness, 52% Routine

For some reason, I ended up as Elminster. O_O I don't know if I should be overjoyed or disturbed by that fact, given my lawful bent on roleplaying...
Thaingrim Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 16:34:45
:-s manshoon.... aparently i'm something of a record holder on ruthlessness
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 20:14:34
I got Khelben, which is fine by me, 'cause I like him.

It felt a little weird taking the test, though, because most of the questions assume the test-taker is male. *shrug* I may not have passed up certain answers if they involved handsome guys rather than women.
Beezy Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 18:48:42
I am Szass Tam, only two of us ended up with him thus far
Shadovar Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 06:59:17
Hmm...I have been missing this topic for a long time already, it seems. Well, I have taken the test five times and each time I got the same answer, the answer is Khelben Arunsun 21% Whimsy, 20% Ruthlessness, 66% Routine. What an odd answer.
Dart Ambermoon Posted - 14 Sep 2005 : 17:51:01
Thatīs a great idea, Thelonius...although I shudder to think what we could all learn about ourselves.
(Especially since I too ended up being Manshoon three times from three tries.)
Thelonius Posted - 14 Sep 2005 : 07:37:39
I would really anjoy a "What deity of the Realms you are" test....
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 13 Sep 2005 : 22:24:06
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

I certainly look forward to your next quiz. How about "Which of the Seven Sisters are you?" Or "Which Deity of the Realms are you?"

Well, I'm glad.

As to topic. . . Hmm.

Well SOMEONE guessed it correctly. We shall see.

Cheers
Xysma Posted - 13 Sep 2005 : 20:50:57
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

Any idea if/when you will be doing another test, Erik?

Well, this one seems to be getting some interest, so it's definitely possible I'll make another one.

Ok, ok, that's a little under-exaggeration: I'm almost done with my second test, but I'm still collecting those neat little pictures for it, so, assuming that a great deal of boredom happens this week, you just might see one. . . soon.

Any guesses as to what it might be? Realms-focused, of course. No more of this Raistlin and Mordenkainen's little brother business. Hopefully, it won't be so 2 of 8 dominant. It does seem that Elminster and Khelben were the most frequent, and that is a tad intentional.

Cheers

P.S.:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I would be .

Khelben has style, he has power, he has knowledge... and of course, he has Laeral .

Sage, if you wound up with Manshoon instead of Khelben, that means you probably just killed too many people (i.e. got too high a ruthlessness stat).

Now don't get me wrong -- the Blackstaff's ruthless, yes, but his ruthlessness has a limit. Manshoon's, on the other hand. . .

I certainly look forward to your next quiz. How about "Which of the Seven Sisters are you?" Or "Which Deity of the Realms are you?"
khorne Posted - 13 Sep 2005 : 20:35:53
I took it again, tried to answer differently, and got Manshoon again. I must be more evil than I thought.........
Thelonius Posted - 13 Sep 2005 : 20:34:12
Indeed I got 85 % of routine... I think I should change my living ways....
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 13 Sep 2005 : 18:20:31
quote:

quote:

Sage, if you wound up with Manshoon instead of Khelben, that means you probably just killed too many people (i.e. got too high a ruthlessness stat).
Ah, good point . I would imagine Manshoon would be the type of archmage to slay a mere mortal for nothing more than giving him the "crook eye" .

Indeed. Certain of the archmages are a bit, well, EXTREME, shall we say. For instance, Halaster is extreme Chaotic Evil (high ruthlessness, high whimsy), and Manshoon is extreme Lawful Evil (high ruthlessness, high routine), while others are less extreme. Mordenkain(en) is low everything, and Szass Tam is high everything. The Simbul is high whimsy, Khelben high routine, Elminster a balance (with low ruthlessness).

Anyway. Cheers
The Sage Posted - 13 Sep 2005 : 02:14:18
quote:

Ah, good point . I would imagine Manshoon would be the type of archmage to slay a mere mortal for nothing more than giving him the "crook eye" .
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 12 Sep 2005 : 16:52:45
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

Well, this one seems to be getting some interest, so it's definitely possible I'll make another one.

Ok, ok, that's a little under-exaggeration: I'm almost done with my second test, but I'm still collecting those neat little pictures for it, so, assuming that a great deal of boredom happens this week, you just might see one. . . soon.

Any guesses as to what it might be? Realms-focused, of course. No more of this Raistlin and Mordenkainen's little brother business. Hopefully, it won't be so 2 of 8 dominant. It does seem that Elminster and Khelben were the most frequent, and that is a tad intentional.

Cheers

P.S.:

quote:

I would be .

Khelben has style, he has power, he has knowledge... and of course, he has Laeral .

Now don't get me wrong -- the Blackstaff's ruthless, yes, but his ruthlessness has a limit. Manshoon's, on the other hand. . .
The Sage Posted - 12 Sep 2005 : 02:55:05
quote:

I do know that if you go in and select all the answers that I, at least, think a particular archmage of the 8 possibilities would select, you'll get that particular archmage.
That's more than a little disturbing... .

If that's true, then I really was channeling Manshoon when I ended up with his result at the end of the test!
Reefy Posted - 12 Sep 2005 : 02:49:10
Elminster here. It seems that about 90% of people are either El or Khelben.
Melfius Posted - 12 Sep 2005 : 02:39:43
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Sep 2005 : 17:28:13
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

I scored Khelben Arunsun.

Just how accurate is this test anyway?

I make no claims on accuracy.

Besides, it's only my first test, and their whole scoring system is a little, well, odd.

I do know that if you go in and select all the answers that I, at least, think a particular archmage of the 8 possibilities would select, you'll get that particular archmage.

Cheers
Thelonius Posted - 10 Sep 2005 : 10:29:34
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

I think at this time Khelben is the most common result.
Lina Posted - 10 Sep 2005 : 02:07:38

Sir Luther Cromwell Posted - 08 Sep 2005 : 05:11:35
One seriously has to wonder how an imprudent, whimsical, silly gnome such as myself has anything in common with the old bugger 'Elminster'.

Psshh, Diviners: think they know everything!

In the words of Edwin: give me two thousand years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!
The Sage Posted - 08 Sep 2005 : 02:43:35
I would be .

Renzokuken Posted - 08 Sep 2005 : 02:28:47
Khelben for me. Not sure if I am happy with that or not...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000