Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 paizo.com AD&D PDF downloads

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 19 Oct 2005 : 06:48:07
They've been hinting at this for a while now, but it seems paizo.com has updated their D&D PDF downloads catalogue. There's an assortment of other TSR PDF downloads as well...

Here's the link:- http://paizo.com/store/downloads/wizardsOfTheCoast

-- Note: I've removed the sticky.
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 25 Mar 2008 : 04:44:35
I'm removing the adhesive from this particular scroll. It's been a "sticky" long enough for most scribes to be aware of the updates now.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 26 Sep 2007 : 01:57:02
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

They've been hinting at this for a while now, but it seems paizo.com has updated their D&D PDF downloads catalogue. There's an assortment of other TSR PDF downloads as well...

Here's the link:- http://paizo.com/store/downloads/wizardsOfTheCoast

-- Note: I'll make this a sticky for the time being, for easy reference.

I just found this post. Thanks, Sage! My copy of Chainmail is long gone, and I'd happily spend four bucks for a pdf of it.

The Sage Posted - 20 Sep 2007 : 00:29:06
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Not seeing the date of the first post in this thread you just sent me on a hopeful search after Volos guide to Baldur's Gate, Warrax. Slightly disappointed when I saw that Sages post was two years old .

Aye. The Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II has, unfortunately, not made the transition to PDF. You could try nobleknight.com for printed copies however.
Warrax Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 21:54:12
Yeah, sorry; they've got his guides to the North, Cormyr, Dalelands, Sword Coast and All Things Magical.

No Baldur's Gate... :(
Jorkens Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 07:23:32
Not seeing the date of the first post in this thread you just sent me on a hopeful search after Volos guide to Baldur's Gate, Warrax. Slightly disappointed when I saw that Sages post was two years old .
Warrax Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 15:56:39
Paizo has cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars in PDFs... Man...
The Sage Posted - 30 May 2007 : 00:40:37
And WotC hinted earlier in the year that they may eventually be adding more of the previously published 3e material to online PDF catalogues. Of course, this was before the DRAGON/DUNGEON cancellation. Though, with WotC moving more toward online material and subscriptions, it's a definite possibility.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 May 2007 : 17:43:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Matthus

Thanks for the "update" - its seems that I'll have to wait until there is a good quality with paizo - if they will update one day

At least I already collected al lot of the must have stuff. The goodies nice to have must wait then.

I thought that WOTC ended the PDF program, so I doubt they'll ever get replaced with better copies.....

Well, some of the newer stuff is available as pdfs...
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=159_596
Kuje Posted - 29 May 2007 : 15:36:28
quote:

Thanks for the "update" - its seems that I'll have to wait until there is a good quality with paizo - if they will update one day

At least I already collected al lot of the must have stuff. The goodies nice to have must wait then.

I thought that WOTC ended the PDF program, so I doubt they'll ever get replaced with better copies.....
Matthus Posted - 29 May 2007 : 10:46:35

Faraer Posted - 22 May 2007 : 18:19:52
I very much doubt the files available now have changed. The first batches of books converted to PDF are good quality, the later ones (rushed, one surmises) are bad quality, with inaccurately OCRed text sitting behind bitmaps. Most of the Realms sourcebooks fall into the good category, though many still suffer from too-low-resolution maps.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 May 2007 : 17:23:51
quote:

Anybody tried to download lately?

Is there any improvement in the quality? Thanks for informations

I recently downloaded the Monstrous Manual... I wasn't impressed with the quality, and I was even more irked when I realized I had a PDF of it, already! The main difference is that the PDF I had wasn't a scan -- it was one of the books available in RTF format on the Core Rules CD ROM. I had simply converted it to PDF.
The Sage Posted - 22 May 2007 : 16:04:57
I recently download the old "Black Box" for the RAVENLOFT setting... though it seems the quality is still "fair" at best.

There are a few slightly "off-center" images, and some of the text looks squashed in places... but otherwise, it's not too bad.
Matthus Posted - 22 May 2007 : 15:50:03
Anybody tried to download lately?

Is there any improvement in the quality? Thanks for informations
Skeptic Posted - 05 Feb 2006 : 16:26:48

I recently downloaded C&D (even if I own the book) to include it in my searchable references.

I'm very disappointed with it because some parts of the text (with pictures near) are not recognized as text, therefore not included in the search.
warlockco Posted - 15 Nov 2005 : 03:51:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm not sure I like the "personalizing", either. Before you download the book, you have to personalize it. This means that on the top of every page (and on the bottom, too, in one of my downloads) is what I assume to be a transaction number (which follows the words "paizo.com"), the purchaser's name, the purchaser's address, and the date of purchase.

DriveThruRPG.com does the same thing.
I did some free downloads from there, and they have my name "Watermarked" on the bottom of each page.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Nov 2005 : 01:13:18
I just took the plunge and bought four of these downloads... I got the 3 deity books and Cloak & Dagger. I picked those because I'd like to have them handy at work, too, and because I can print out the section on the Seldarine from Demihuman Deities, read it while on my trip, and not have to take the actual book.

I'm not impressed by the quality... Particularly Powers & Pantheons. The search function in that one is really spotty: while looking at a specific page, the search feature told me it couldn't find a word on that page. I had to try several times before the search function found a word. (My other three downloads seemed to not have this problem).

I'm not sure I like the "personalizing", either. Before you download the book, you have to personalize it. This means that on the top of every page (and on the bottom, too, in one of my downloads) is what I assume to be a transaction number (which follows the words "paizo.com"), the purchaser's name, the purchaser's address, and the date of purchase.

On flip side, the side claims there's no digital rights management on the files. And I did just successfully copy them to my SanDisk, so I can transfer them to work tomorrow... So that much is good. And the files remain available on the website, even after downloading them.
warlockco Posted - 21 Oct 2005 : 03:21:19
quote:
Originally posted by Keravin

Has anyone looked at these yet and are they better quality than the ones that used to be available? Or just identical :)

Qualitywise not sure, but did take a look at the prices, and they are $1 cheaper at $4 compared to RPGNow.com
Keravin Posted - 19 Oct 2005 : 14:27:17
Has anyone looked at these yet and are they better quality than the ones that used to be available? Or just identical :)
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 19 Oct 2005 : 14:25:32
I guess that's why the saying goes - "Nothing in life is for free." I tend to think that is everything except rain and snow, which are quite free and cold!

C-Fb
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Oct 2005 : 11:30:04
I was excited, until I saw that they weren't free.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000