Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Jasmine between Spelljammer and Finder's Bane

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lookatroopa Posted - 14 Feb 2020 : 18:50:14
I've been reading the late 80's-early 90's DC tie-in comics, and got curious about the timeline concerning Jasmine, particularly what happened inbetween the abrupt ending of the Spelljammer comics and her return in Finder's Bane. From her introduction in the latter it can be gathered that she became part of a completely new crew and went through at least two spelljammers in the interim. Have Kate Novak and/or Jeff Grubb, or anyone who wrote for the comic lines for that matter, released or posted anything concerning these events? I couldn't find anything in the Dragon magazine archive nor Grubb's personal blog, but there might be other avenues I'm not thinking of.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 02:55:09
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

She was statted up in Dragon way back, but I don't recall what issue and if the questions you asked were answered.

It was in Dragon Annual 2, but it didn't even attempt to cover that particular time frame.
lookatroopa Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 02:45:20
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd assume that either something happened and all the characters went their separate ways, or that the rest stayed together but Jasmine took off (perhaps because she was tired of Tember).

Considering the state of affairs by the end of the series, I figure the crew may well have never gotten fully back together.
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

She was statted up in Dragon way back, but I don't recall what issue and if the questions you asked were answered.

It's in Dragon Annual #2, but her profile kind of glosses over the period.
TomCosta Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 02:04:04
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Feb 2020 : 20:00:07
quote:
Originally posted by lookatroopa

I've been reading the late 80's-early 90's DC tie-in comics, and got curious about the timeline concerning Jasmine, particularly what happened inbetween the abrupt ending of the Spelljammer comics and her return in Finder's Bane. From her introduction in the latter it can be gathered that she became part of a completely new crew and went through at least two spelljammers in the interim. Have Kate Novak and/or Jeff Grubb, or anyone who wrote for the comic lines for that matter, released or posted anything concerning these events? I couldn't find anything in the Dragon magazine archive nor Grubb's personal blog, but there might be other avenues I'm not thinking of.

There's nothing there that I'm aware of.

I was a huge fan of the DC/TSR comics... Spelljammer was just hitting its stride and getting interesting, it seemed, when the whole thing abruptly ended.

I was not enthusiastic about the end of those comic lines.

I'd assume that either something happened and all the characters went their separate ways, or that the rest stayed together but Jasmine took off (perhaps because she was tired of Tember).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000