Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Winter Sect or Shining Mountain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Asharak Posted - 15 Nov 2019 : 14:13:03
In Blood of Yakuza, we have :

1358: Great Teacher Saizu (later known as Saizu the Immortal) appears over the capital standing on a cloud. Upon his landing spot is built a huge temple. Saizu begins his teachings of the Winter Sect of the Path of Enlightenment. (page 6)

The Shining Mountain is one of the many sects that has grown out of the original teachings of the Path of Enlightenment. Founded in the year 1358 by the great teacher Saizu, the sect’s main temple is located just outside the capital. (page21)

It seems this is the same event with different names (Winter Sect or Shining Mountain).

What do you think about this ?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 25 Feb 2020 : 08:45:21
Learned Scribe Asharak,

I believe this to be just an unusual sentence structure. I believe that with the two paths being the same (Kara-Tur, p.145), but one being a subsequent sect (possibly seen as taking around route), it appears that the two are very separate from what I've read.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

In Blood of Yakuza, we have :

1358: Great Teacher Saizu (later known as Saizu the Immortal) appears over the capital standing on a cloud. Upon his landing spot is built a huge temple. Saizu begins his teachings of the Winter Sect of the Path of Enlightenment. (page 6)

The Shining Mountain is one of the many sects that has grown out of the original teachings of the Path of Enlightenment. Founded in the year 1358 by the great teacher Saizu, the sect’s main temple is located just outside the capital. (page21)

It seems this is the same event with different names (Winter Sect or Shining Mountain).

What do you think about this ?

Kentinal Posted - 15 Nov 2019 : 23:12:41
Winter Sect
The Shining Mountain sect

Could be two "of the many sects that has grown out of the original teachings of the Path of Enlightenment."
TBeholder Posted - 15 Nov 2019 : 23:03:12
Why not both?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000