Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Ideas for a Techno Wizard in 5e rules Ultramodern5

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 02 Nov 2019 : 23:11:20
So, I was playing around with some friends, and we started an ultramodern game using 5e rules. Its basically "today on earth" level of technology with a slight bit more on the tech level concept. Anyway, I chose to play a character that does a level of "face" and then multiclasses to wizard and goes conjurer. So, one thing a conjurer can do in 5e is create pretty much any smallish non animate item, and I have my player keeping a bunch of batteries on hand. So, I can create things like a tablet magically on a whim. I can then turn on the wifi on my phone and attach to it from the magical tablet and use my unseen servant to stream what we're doing to something like youtube, or even use this to scout ahead (and I can also send forward a familiar as a scout).

I was just trying to think of other kind of interesting ideas to use for a relatively low level spellcaster in combination with modern technology and just figured I'd see if it sparks any ideas. At present, I'm limited to 2nd level spells (and just got those). Minor illusion for instance is amazing for creating fake id. Illusory script is also very interesting in modern day, as I make my spellbook look like a copy of "game of thrones". In fact, many low level rituals actually prove very useful in modern day more than they do in D&D it seems to me. I'm just having fun doing stupid things like having a puppet that I animate with my unseen servant while I have a minor illusion to shout "Fear the Power of Banjo", or having the unseen servant click the eject button on someone's gun clip, etc... because as a "face" class I can get an additional non combat action each round.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000