Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Hethcanter's Leap and Watcher's Tor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Doc Filth Posted - 11 Oct 2019 : 16:43:10
Hethcanter's Leap and Watcher's Tor are both mentioned in lore associated with The Scalmagdrion - lore which, unfortunately, hasn't been updated for its later appearance in Pages from the Mages. ANy idea where either of these places are?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 25 Feb 2020 : 07:45:42
Eric,

Thank you. That was a remarkable look and detailed as hell at that, at a very small area that was really captivating! :)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Filth

Hethcanter's Leap and Watcher's Tor are both mentioned in lore associated with The Scalmagdrion - lore which, unfortunately, hasn't been updated for its later appearance in Pages from the Mages. ANy idea where either of these places are?

I had already asked Ed where Hethcanter's Leap was. Also checked on Watcher's Tor. Here's what Ed had to say:

Hethcanter's Leap was the crag east-north-east of Jalanthar in Moon Pass (farthest east-jutting peak on the west side that's drawn in white on the Mike Schley map).

On that same Mike Schley map (SwordCoastNorthInterior, the map that has The Glimmerwood occupying the center top).
Look down at the bottom left, at the map label that reads "The Evermoors." Go SSE from the "s" at the end of "Evermoors" a tidge over halfway from the "s" to the ruled map boundary (that "starts" the map border). There are three heights/eminences/hills drawn there; the largest, central one is Watcher's Tor.

Markustay Posted - 25 Nov 2019 : 14:15:08
quote:

What with Dalagar's Dagger and all, are there any peaks around Moon Pass that aren't named for people who fell off them?
After Netheril Fell, I think a LOT of Archmages ended their lives around there. IIRC, there's even a hidden 'tomb' stashed with stuff. Maybe several, even, having to do with Netheril.

To go out on a limb here, its called 'Moon Pass', and the moon has, historically (and folklore-wise), been associated with 'temporary insanity' (Lunatics), so I can see the region perhaps being a place where people who already suffer from depression might be pushed past the breaking point. A place like that Haunted Forest in Japan.

Just some very homebrew thoughts, is all.
Doc Filth Posted - 13 Oct 2019 : 11:06:17
What with Dalagar's Dagger and all, are there any peaks around Moon Pass that aren't named for people who fell off them?
ericlboyd Posted - 12 Oct 2019 : 18:15:23
quote:

I had already asked Ed where Hethcanter's Leap was. Also checked on Watcher's Tor. Here's what Ed had to say:

Hethcanter's Leap was the crag east-north-east of Jalanthar in Moon Pass (farthest east-jutting peak on the west side that's drawn in white on the Mike Schley map).

On that same Mike Schley map (SwordCoastNorthInterior, the map that has The Glimmerwood occupying the center top).
Look down at the bottom left, at the map label that reads "The Evermoors." Go SSE from the "s" at the end of "Evermoors" a tidge over halfway from the "s" to the ruled map boundary (that "starts" the map border). There are three heights/eminences/hills drawn there; the largest, central one is Watcher's Tor.
Doc Filth Posted - 12 Oct 2019 : 09:31:54
Have done, thanks. I bet he gets this sort of thing all the time...
George Krashos Posted - 12 Oct 2019 : 08:20:19
I’m pretty sure Watcher’s Tor is in the North somewhere. Hethcanter’s Leap could be anywhere through the Dalelands, Sword Coast and the North. Best bet would be to ping Ed on Twitter at @TheEdVerse

— George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000